? what would be more beneficial KA w q45 TB OR ka w ITBs??? running megasquirt

His car is a full track car, his setup is not streetable.....with the 10.5:1 compression that hes running though it would not be a problem to tune it for 93, hell he could run 11:1 pistons and still tune it to 93.......why you hating?

oh hey yea let me just go fill up with 100... ah fuck like no gas station has that.... good job

his inital tune netted just about 200whp with no cams, stock compression, a header, and a tune with itbs. thats what im aiming for. ill have a lil bigger injectors tho and ill be running two 91-93 exhasut cams for a little better duration...should be done any day now guys. heres a teaser pic:

IMG_2061.jpg

Greasers KA's aren't slapstick builds. The setup for the "first" one where he was making 180 whp:

KA stock bore setup
SOHC pistons w/new rings/bearings
46mm GSXR1300 ITB's
Custom velocity stacks
Custom 4-1 Header
Crower V3's
Crower Spring/Ret kit
JWT cam gears
Ported, and shaved head
4 puck disc with stock pressure plate
AEM EMS

No megasquirt poopshit, had a fully built head, ran 100oct, and melted ring lands shortly after.

Have fun.

Greasers KA's aren't slapstick builds. The setup for the "first" one where he was making 180 whp:

KA stock bore setup
SOHC pistons w/new rings/bearings
46mm GSXR1300 ITB's
Custom velocity stacks
Custom 4-1 Header
Crower V3's
Crower Spring/Ret kit
JWT cam gears
Ported, and shaved head
4 puck disc with stock pressure plate
AEM EMS

No megasquirt poopshit, had a fully built head, ran 100oct, and melted ring lands shortly after.

Have fun.

Are you sure about that?? V3's and sohc pistons don't go together, theres an issue with valve clearances.....

lol ^^^^
y do all your cars get fucked up man??

shits was not funny i had to bail out of the car on the highway at like 30 mph got 3rd degree burns on both legs. The install was done at a shop that claimed to know mega squirt.

my cars get fucked up cause i drive the piss out of them and do alot of dumb shit urban rally FTMFW

Are you sure about that?? V3's and sohc pistons don't go together, theres an issue with valve clearances.....
yea and he didnt have a fully built head, hes makin 225 now and using stock valve FOR A FACT.
he actaully just got the v3 cams recently and he intrestingly enuff put intake on ex side and visa versa to get the most insane duration.
i just wana see what i can get out of the stock motor for fun. 250 dollare kas are awesum, and i had lots of fun for the last three years in stock kas.
plus this motr will be ka-tED with itbs this summer. so it will be making plenty of power,no worries. and ill still be able to just go through cheap ass replacement motors like i always do. thats what it all about for me, spending the least amount of money and getting the most out of it. i would hate to have an sr with lower displacement and spin a bearing or blow the motor and worry about having to get another one. ka FTW. also the reson im using the MS is bc IT WAS FREE lol. came with the car and ive alread ymade all my money back that i initailly spent on the car by parting out old junk ,ca motor, sil front, turbo, wheels, etc. ive actually made over a grand extra off the originall car. so y would i get rid of the MS now :) its worked fine so far and the wire job is very throrough and clean btw

yea and he didnt have a fully built head, hes makin 225 now and using stock valve FOR A FACT.

I quoted his words from his own build thread. I didn't say anything about valves - he has posted many times that stock valves worked best for him. Sorry if the fully built head comment confused you but cams, springs, ret, porting/polish/shave, and cam gears is a fully built head to me. Oversizing and undersizing valves is more like preference to the builder much like one could have a build bottom end w/ stock bore pistons...it would still be built.

Here's another quote from him to put things into perspective for you guys thinking one could easily replicate he build/results.

greaser_ said:
Heres everything since the ITB install. theres another cam comparo, header comparo and ecu comparo before this another 200pulls easy.

3/21/07 Tuned ITB's
8:25-9:47pm
29 pulls

1hr 22 mins
3/23/07 Tested 0w-20 oil
8:36-9:36
16pulls
1hr

4/19/07 installed 5speed swap
2:11-2:20
5 pulls
9mins

4/20/07 installed 200shot and my custom header
5:04-6:00 tuned header
7:21-9:30 tried getting nos right
30pulls
4hrs 26mins

4/21/07 continued diag on 200shot
11:15-12:00
12 pulls
45mins

5/07/07 fabbed 1st version velocity stack
4:36-5:42
11 pulls
1hr 8mins

7/22/07 tuned V3 cams/cam gears
11:05-6:21
25pulls
7hrs 26mins

7/23/07 fabbed 2nd version velocity stack with longer runners
8:34-10:06
14pulls
1hr 32min

7/24/07 continued testing with cam timing / ver2 stacks
6:04- 9:14
27pulls
3hrs 10mins

10/15/07 high comp motor,ported head,greddy header
5:08-6:03
8 pulls
55mins

10/16/07 100octane gas
5:40-8:09
33 pulls
2hrs 29mins

10/25/07 intake manifold/header test
5:34-8:37
23 pulls
3hrs 3mins

10/26/07 ITB/header testing
5:18-6:20
9 pulls
1hr 2mins

11/11/07 46mm hayabusa ITB testing
1:47-3:38
9pulls
1hr 51mins

11/25/07 shorter runner testing
2:56-8:35
36pulls
5hrs 31mins

287pulls
35hrs 40mins

Last edited:
:bigthumbu

Sounds good man, I am going to be installing my setup as soon as I get some time off from school and figure out some problems with my motor......I am going to be running a plenum though with a CAI through where the battery tray used to be, and Crower stage 2 cams, otherwise my setup is almost identical to yours.....Good luck bro

4 cylinder n/a builds are way too much $$$ for what u gain.
well like ive said before im not spending much at all. actually its a super cheap getto build lol.
motorset with nice long tube header 275, free extra ex cam, free sr/q injectors, free megasquirt setup (paid off when i parted a shit ton of stuff off the origianl car i bought),gsxr itbs 50 bux, oem velocity stacks free, martin owes me a free tune on the dyno lol, and the couplers to bolt itbs to manifold 20 bux, fab/machine time to swap my ca crank pulley trigger wheel to ka pulley 100 bux. um...i think thats it for now lol. so ive only got like 200 bux into the itb setup lol.

and like i said before i should be able to make anywhere from 170-190 hp to the wheels with this setup, which is about 30 or 40 more horsepower than im used to PLUS INSTANTANEOUS torqus which is priceless.
PLUS, i am planning on ka-ting the whole thing with low boost and cheapo t25 this summer to achieve 250+ hp. im not looking for major power just a nice sliding motor, that i can replace for 300 bux at the drop of a hat :)

greaser is the man, hes aiming for a 300+ hp NA KA, im just using his idea to have a little fun, im not trying to set any records here.

Back
Top Bottom