Want a professional video of yourself at Countyline/Desoto?

Whats up guys. Just thought I'd post up something here since one of my friends gave me a great idea. I work for a production company and we have done everything from boxing to weddings. I myself have done even more as I am the "cameraman" when we go out at night and I have done the past three events just for myself both for my own enjoyment and as a new challenge. I've been in production for three years now and if you ask those that have seen my work they will tell you that it shows. ANYWAYS, I am thinking of going to Countyline or Desoto and I was curious to see if anyone wanted a professional video made of themselves at either event. I could shoot every run you make, edit it all up and throw it on a DVD for you, maybe throw in a pic slide show or something, or just make a vid of the whole event for you. To be honest, most drifters can't afford me much less the company I work for (I know cause I'm in the same boat with a blown 300zx) but since I enjoy it I can do most of the work for free. Realize though that editing takes hours upon hours, especially when I normally come home from an event with 5 or more hours of tape (usually using two cameras). Which reminds me, the camera I use is a sony VX2100 and the company got 3 of them at around 1500 a pop, so it doesn't look like I'm shooting with a Razor here! Here's what I will offer, if more people going to countyline want me to do this, I'll go there and vice versa with desoto (so I don't have to decide), also if you want something a bit different just ask, I'll do it:
dvd of every run you make edited together with some tunes--$25
dvd like the one above but with a photo slide show I'll shoot--$35 (a few more hours editing for 10 bucks... Normally I work for 75-150 per hour just fyi)
dvd of the entire event (might have to be on two, depending on how long it runs)--$35

Shoot me a PM or email on what you want and where you'll be (countyline or desoto) and I'll get back to you asap. You can ask questions or make comments here cause other people probably have similar questions. Please keep in mind though that although shooting the events is a blastyblast, editing can be a pain in the ass... a 20+ hour pain in the ass... so don't ask me to do it for free, its my job and I need to eat too. It is your choice if you aren't willing to spend 30 bux for something that would cost about 500 normally (full day shoot minimum of 275 plus MINIMUM 50 per hour editing), I'm just putting the offer out there.

PS: Just finished my "new member" post even though I've been here for months, check it.

Cool, I'm glad people are into it! I didn't really mention it but I would absolutely make the same offer to spectators--if you want a dvd of the event let me know!

As for seeing my work you can definitly check out the work I've done for the Prize Fight Network here--if I didn't shoot the event, I'm TDing (tech. director), but most of the fights that get posted on the site are my filming. The ones I TD usually go to TV or straight to DVD. As for drifting footage I made a short nonstop clip of one drift after another at Moroso (not the most recent one but the one before the most recent event) but I need to compress it to post it so give me some time. It doesn't have any frills or real editing to it because I just made it for fun but you'll get the idea and you may even see yourself and want more!
D

rwdrift said:
Do you have any work available online?

Most of my stuff is not online save for the link to prize fight network videos. Like I said, I did most of those and I'm working on compressing my moroso footage so I can post that too.
D

Oh dude, that 2j40 was sick at CL last time! I've got you down... and ya, if we can really get people into getting dvd's made I can afford to make them for every event. So far I've had more people for County Line, so that looks like it is going to be the spot so make sure you let me know asap if you want a video! It will cost me probably like 100 bux just to get out there--tape and blank dvd's total about 40 and I just filled the tank with the cheapest gas in SFL (jog and forrest hill) and that was 40, entry is like 20 and I might want to eat during the day.... et cetera.
D

drewbagd said:
Oh dude, that 2j40 was sick at CL last time! I've got you down... and ya, if we can really get people into getting dvd's made I can afford to make them for every event. So far I've had more people for County Line, so that looks like it is going to be the spot so make sure you let me know asap if you want a video! It will cost me probably like 100 bux just to get out there--tape and blank dvd's total about 40 and I just filled the tank with the cheapest gas in SFL (jog and forrest hill) and that was 40, entry is like 20 and I might want to eat during the day.... et cetera.
D

thanks alot. made my day actually. deffanatly look for me at countline i wont be drifting but ill be there

For those of you screaming for my work, here is a taste. Keep in mind that this is something I threw together in my spare time and there really isnt any serious editing done to it. Even though it is 11 minutes, I suggest you stay till the end--the only one that got a better shot of the crash was the driver.
Moroso Vid

PS: This is also a really low quality setting to save buffering time etc so you'll just have to trust that a pro sony vx2100 gets the shots.

worked for me. =]

http://yoshimotors.com/drift.htm

damn that crashed must have sucked. great spot for footage.

i hear ya i hate editing footage. i still have 5 hours from easter's nopi qualifier. >_< im so lazy...

what software do you use?

FlyinFINN said:
Idk bro. Doesnt work still for me.

you could be at work... mine doesnt open at work...

try unblocking your popup blocker.

Thanks guys, I was going nuts trying to figure out why it wasnt working! Normally I use a program called Avid--its used by most of the companies that edit for tv, especially the mtv reality show companies, plus it's expensive as hell... As for the cameras they are sony vx2100's. The next step up in sony's line is the exact same camera in HD.
Keep the pm's for videos coming, I am starting to get some flak for possibly not going to Desoto but they just arent requesting dvds like the county line gang.

Back
Top Bottom