vlsd

ok so i just got a 180sx vlsd and im gonna put it in tomorrow, wat exactly o i need to do to install it? and wat liquids do i need to get if i need any?

first, take your stock diff out.
open it and clean it all out.
Here comes the tough part.
Take your 180 diff.
Lift it up.
throw it away.
Take your diff to a shop and get it welded.
re-install.

horrible advice^
welded is great for drifting, sucks for dailying
you are gonna need a 14 15 and 17 i believe
and a set of strong arms or a jack :D

Last edited:
horrible advice^
welded is great for drifting, sucks for dailying
you are gonna need a 14 15 and 17 i believe
and a set of strong arms or a jack :D

speak for yourself. Be a man! Weld that shit! I daily mine..no problems. fun in the rain too!

speak for yourself. Be a man! Weld that shit! I daily mine..no problems. fun in the rain too!

no no ive had my share of rain experiences and i dont want no fun in the rain lol i just wanna get my lsd put in thats all, if ur here to make dumbass jokes instead of helping plz stop posting i just wanna hear advice that will help me get the job done correctly

call your friend who knows about cars to help you.! =)

dont forget to add LSD additives in the diff oil so it works better

even the guy above said CALL A HELPING HAND!

i dont exsists in this world anymore. jesus

Last edited:
wrench and socket in 14 15 and 17mm, 1 or 2 jacks, atleast 2 jackstands, gloves, and a pair of helping hands

no jack stands required gonna do it at a friends shop :bigthumbu lol but ok il write the sizes down and also do i need to get like gear fluid or something like that?

also do i need to get like gear fluid or something like that?

dont touch a car

and I dont know why everyone is such a puss about a welded diff in the rain. I've ran nothing but weldeds and street drove my car for like 2 years and never once lost control in the rain becuase of my diff. Stop driving like a fucking idiot and maybe it wont happen.

Last edited:
dont touch a car

and I dont know why everyone is such a puss about a welded diff in the rain. I've ran nothing but weldeds and street drove my car for like 2 years and never once lost control in the rain becuase of my diff. Stop driving like a fucking idiot and maybe it wont happen.

i dont drive like a fucking idiot, its not my fault i hydroplaned, and why do ppl like to talk trash on threads.. get a fucking life, all im asking for is a lil advice so if u dont have any thats gonna help me get the fuck off my thread.

dont touch a car

never had problems with a welded...even with bald tires u still have decent control......if u act like a maniac ofcourse u will lock up but drive normal ur good

stop being an ASS!

some people dont know how to use google very well

and other just wanna be safe and review everything they know to see if they missed anything.

some people also dont think very much when they write so stop being such an ASS!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+stop+being+such+an+ass+on+forums+

He asked if he needed fluid in a diff. Are you fucking joking.

Im in the process of swapping my motor. The motor was in a running car, do I need to put oil in it?

I was driving down the road and my gas gauge was point at this random E and the car turned off. PLZ help!!!!!! My dad told me there were these "gas station" places, but I call bullshit.

He asked if he needed fluid in a diff. Are you fucking joking.

Im in the process of swapping my motor. The motor was in a running car, do I need to put oil in it?

I was driving down the road and my gas gauge was point at this random E and the car turned off. PLZ help!!!!!! My dad told me there were these "gas station" places, but I call bullshit.

hey guess wat?? suck a dick

never had problems with a welded...even with bald tires u still have decent control......if u act like a maniac ofcourse u will lock up but drive normal ur good

my friend has a welded diff and from the couple times i drove it i never really felt like it was unsafe. Never drove it in the rain or on the highway which is where people say its mostly unsafe but i guess it just depends on how you want your ride to be.

my boy this the welded diff has a stripped interior, cammed, with semi solid motor mounts. comfort isnt what hes shooting for

now feta on the other hand has a full interior and i believe style and comfort is what hes aiming for..

Back
Top Bottom