Vibration from hell - need opinions

wait!!!! have you checked the pillow ball bushing? or if your on struts the top hat bushing i think its called. its the bushing at the top of the strut where the strut shock goes into. I had that be the problem once on a older audi. it was the same symtoms that you have. never hurts to check.

Yeah all checked. I had this vibration with the old strut/spring setup too. It got worse when the coilovers were installed - more than likely due to the increased camber, stiffer springs, and aggressive dampers.

Check ur Driveshaft center bearing thing , my shit was loose and it'd rattled horribly. just throwing some things out there.
what about your wheel bearings

skimmed it all pretty fast but, steering rack bushing?

If you haven't replaced them yet it may be your steering rack bushings $15 from splparts.com and an hour worth of drive way time. i just replaced mine this weekend i had a ridiculous shake from 45mph to 55mph but i also had a very slow responding steering wheel and the wheel its self would stay turned in one direction or the other 10 degrees or so after a hard turn, when I pulled the bushing the drivers side came out it pieces and passenger side was more like rubber band.

Definitely not drive shaft since the vibration occurs when i'm not in gear.

Steering rack bushings - i have them but haven't replaced them yet. Will do so possibly tomorrow.

Damn where in boca are you I'd come by to try to help out. My 89 did that it would start around 40 and smooth out around 50. But I changed the tires and found out somehow a wheel weight flew off.

I'm right next to fau...just east on spanish river. NE 6th way (on the corner in Vistazo)

Back
Top Bottom