update on "drifting at homestead"

Hi Friends,

I dont want to be a negative nancy on this whole "Nick Hogan" coming to town to save drifting in florida and start a mini series and do practices and have north verses south or WHATEVER.The fact is that Nick doesn't understand that drifters are poor (meaning have no money). There has been too many flakey self proclaimed organizers come through florida talking a big talk saying there gonna do wonders for the sport and hold all kinds of events. All it comes down to is them holding one event ripping everyone off and you never hearing from them again. That could have been money saved and spent on an organizer that knows what they are doing and has been doing this shit from the start. All im saying is drifting is getting big now, bigger than anyone has perdicted and now its going to be a tug of war for supremacy. We need to stick with the guys who have been good to us from the start, either Ter-Tech, DG Trials, Drift Fury or SEDA. I think if people start going to these events that are just thrown together by some amature whats to say if the veteran organizers call it quits because of lack of drivers or conflicting event dates. Plus holding events is a learning curve. You go to a veteran event and it runs like clockwork because they know what sucks and what dosent. Now you go to some rich kid's event who woke up one morning in his mansion and wants to be a drifter not just a drifter but a pro drifter in the spotlight so he can be some superstar like his old man. Ive never seen him at ONE grassroots drift event in Florida and hes lived here for the entirety of his 3 month drift career. He would have all my respect and full backing if he actually came out and drifted at a actual DRIFT event for grassroots drifters, No Cameras , No Sponsors and no $100,000 drift car! Who the hell drifts a viper anyway? Thats not a drift car, its a redneck roadcar. I could go on all day about this shit but I guess what it boils down to is I wont be supporting a walking pablicity stunt. Sorry Nicky, I just dont see you drifting this time next year. You'll probably go back to acting or wrestling or whatever tickles your fancy.

Sincerly,
Tim

P.S. Lets make this thread 30 bazillion pages long like the last one just because king Nick desides to grace us with his thoughts. :boring:

Last edited:
Tim? said:
I dont want to be a negative nancy on this whole Nick Hogan coming to town to save drifting in florida and start a mini series and do practices and have north verses south or WHATEVER.The fact is that nick dosent understand is difters are poor (meening have no money). There has been too many flakey self proclamed organizers come through florida talking a big talk saying there goona do wonders for the sport and hold all kinds of events.It comes down to them wholding one event ripping everyone off and you never here from them again.That could have been money saved and spent on an organizer that know what they are dooing and have been dooing this shit from the start.All im saying is drifting is getting big now bigger than anyone has predicted and now its going to be a tug of war for suppremacy we need to stick with the guys who have been good to us from the start eather Ter-Tech,DG Trials,Drift Fury or SEDA.I thingk if people start going to these events that are just throughn together by some amature whats to say the veteran events call it quits because of lack of drivers or conflicting event dates.Plus wholding events is a learning curve you go to a veteran event it runs like clockwork because they know what sucks and what dosent.Now you go to some ritch kids event who woke up one morning in his mansion and wants to be a drifter not just a drifter but a pro drifter in the spotlight so he can be some superstar.Ive never seen him at ONE grassroots driftevent in Florida and hes lived here for the entirety of his 3 month drift carrear.He would have all my respect and full backing from me if he actually came out and drifted at a actual DRIFT event for grassroots drifters No Cameras ,No Sponsors and no 100,000 drift car who the hell drifts a viper anyway.Thats not a driftcar its a redneck roadcar.I could go on all day about this shit I guess what it boils down to I wont be supporting a walking pablicity stunt.Sorry Nick I dont see you drifting this time next year.Youl probably go back to acting or wrestling or whatever tickles your fancy.

Sincerly,
Tim

P.S. Lets make this thred 30 bazillion pages long like the last one just because king Nick desides to grace us with his thoughts. :boring:

wow! I see your point Tim. +1
But no one should ever cancel out a idea so quick.
Nick, to me is just a nOOb in this forum thats trying to "HELP" the SFL drifting.
Maybe not in the right way but still trying to "help".
I would support anyone that wants to make a different in that way. :bigthumbu

list:
1. findjdm_s14

Last edited:
DGtrials has already been to Gville and is doing a private day to work out the bugs of the location.

From my brief interaction with Nick, he seems like a respectful and straight-up guy. I'm the one who gave him the connection to Gainesville on good faith that he or his crew wouldn't try to undercut DGtrials, and I hope that he keeps to that.

DGTA is most definitely going to be doing events at Gainesville Raceway, so relax.

funk said:
ill drift it if the winner gets a wrestling belt thing
i agree with this ^

wowsers lot of nancys out there make a list already...take the sand outta your vaginas...make a list and see what happens...if u dont have the money dont go...

and tim + 3

list:
1. findjdm_s14
2.ScubaSteve

I agree with Tim, but yet, all those groups you listed had to start out in the beginning. Maybe some good will come of this, maybe nothing will happen. I think it would be alot more helpful if Nick actually came out with a date and said we have the track for this day and it will be this much. Otherwise.. this is kindof bogus.

Is there a North Florida drifters or something??? Becuase I live right close to gainesville and I never hear of any events north of Tampa..

And what is grassroots drift events???

If Nick was so interested in South Florida Drifting.....Why didn't he show up to Ter-Tech's Moroso Drift Event...If he is such a badass driver and wanted to get all the SFL kids to be on his side...he could of made an appearance, but oops wait! there was no VH-1 there, or No National Media Coverage or No Sexy naked girls...so he didn't show up...Tim, u have my full attention........Money TALKS! so Nicky....Money is in ur Favor and so is Media.....AeroK180 does not support Hogan Bullshit Racing! :arr:

Why all the hate? If the kid wants to help, let him help. Any event is better than no event.

Not like our life depends on him hosting the events, so keep expectations low and whatever you get out of it is a bonus.

^ word i mean to all of us down south think its a crappy idea becuase we really wouldn't want to spend the time and money to go all the way up there for a new event. but you got to look at it in a different way "is it good for the sport" instead of "is it good for me" because think about it what about all the people in north fl that aren't as lucky as us too have events every few months. this could be a chance for them to get some seat time on a track and who knows maybe we could have some one organize a NorthFL vs SouthFL event!

Final thoughts: Nick if you host it in homestead this would be the place to tell people about it, if its up in Gainsville then you might want to find some forums with more north fl locals to invite to the event. Either way i see it as good because it will only help the sport grow and it will only give ppl another chance at seat time whether it be SFL or NFL Drifters.

hes just a kid like us with more money
who gives a fuck man

let him do whatever the fuck he wants
and if he tries to get us involved then that makes him a badass

i know if i had tons of money id contribute 90% it to drifting progression
in florida

funk said:
hes just a kid like us with more money
who gives a fuck man

let him do whatever the fuck he wants
and if he tries to get us involved then that makes him a badass

i know if i had tons of money id contribute 90% it to drifting progression
in florida

And I'd build a track and keep it to myself.... because im just that much of a douchebag :)

I wouldn't worry Tim. Like you said, flakes will come and go but there's nothing any of us can do about it. Ter-Tech has been holding it down for South Florida and DGT has been good to us in the past (although they've been MIA for bit now). I think i speak for everybody when I say that we'll always support Ter-Tech and DGT, regardless of the flakes that "get in the way." They have earned our respect for sure. That being said, we can't know who's a flake and who's not without giving them a fair chance. Yes, he's a rich boy. Yes, he probably has his own agenda. And no, he'll never have the street credit many of Florida's finest have - whether he's taking the podium in his $100k Viper or he gets a grassroots style car and wins grassroots style events - he'll always be "that guy" b/c he got lessons from pro's on tracks he rented with dad's coin. Remember when everybody talked shit about Ter-Tech when they first stepped into the scene? But look now - Ter-Tech has single-handily brought THE BEST events to Florida for a while now and everybody in south Florida knows it.

Tonymac said:
I wouldn't worry Tim. Like you said, flakes will come and go but there's nothing any of us can do about it. Ter-Tech has been holding it down for South Florida and DGT has been good to us in the past (although they've been MIA for bit now). I think i speak for everybody when I say that we'll always support Ter-Tech and DGT, regardless of the flakes that "get in the way." They have earned our respect for sure. That being said, we can't know who's a flake and who's not without giving them a fair chance. Yes, he's a rich boy. Yes, he probably has his own agenda. And no, he'll never have the street credit many of Florida's finest have - whether he's taking the podium in his $100k Viper or he gets a grassroots style car and wins grassroots style events - he'll always be "that guy" b/c he got lessons from pro's on tracks he rented with dad's coin. Remember when everybody talked shit about Ter-Tech when they first stepped into the scene? But look now - Ter-Tech has single-handily brought THE BEST events to Florida for a while now and everybody in south Florida knows it.

So true. I agree 100%.

i agree with what Tim said... but i want to go drifty. so if Nick has an event i try my best to be there with my car. and if he tries to rip ppl off...no one will go to an overpriced Nick event if Ter-Tech is having one around the same date for half the price...

so really, competing vendors should keep the price of events to a minimum for the drivers. yay for drivers.

someone needs to get an event togehter between right NOW and said sept Moroso event...after that i will worry about after that.

/ranting.

Ter tech always had a place in my heart. they are by drifters for drifters. Never once has sfld had negativity towards ter tech. Trust me when i say i the oldskool sfld guys love tertech :)

I just dont want the sport exploited and ass raped by the mainstreme.Thats all personaly I have nothing against Nick Hogan but he just needs to understand that drifting is an addiction to some of us like a drug.We dont do it cause its cool we do it because its the coolest shit since sliced bread.

Back
Top Bottom