turbo

TurtleS14

Spectator
which ones better buying a turbo kit or piecing it together?
i seen some turbo kits for about 1600 with everything?

well i would probably just peice it together.. if you want to buy a quality kit.. about $3000. but i've also heard that you can buy the ebay kit for about $800 and then have the turbo rebuilt just to be on the safe side.

with pieceing it together you basckly customize the kit to your own needs, or your wallet, i beleive your going ka-t
the main issue you have on the ka is turbo clearance with the brake lines or if you do bottom mount the steering colunm
i pieced mine together for the reason that no matter what KITS i saw they all lacked fuel management and proper exhaust alighnment, and none had intercooler piping that ran through oem body holes
i am from south america and down there we have been boosting the s14 since 94 when it arrived and fitting the charge pipe nicely wa always an inconvinience
you can find a decent turbo , injectors and manifold for under 500 bucks, add to that 300 for a front mount and piping, 150 bov, and 100 custom downpipe, another 150 wastegate and last but not least 400 bucks nistune ecu chip......... ta da.... grand total of 1600 bucks, now these are aproximate prices i dont give a fuck if one of you smart asses found a gt35 for 75 bucks....... good for you but reality is that you will not find a perfectly fine gt series turbo for less than 100....
its basicly up to your wallet
if you have 1600-2000 on hand get a kit , it will save time on searching and storing what you buy and waiting and all the ant work
if you dont , get manifold and turbo first and build around that

yea i have about 2300 and i was thinking about getting a kit but im going to look around some more and see if i can find some good parts cheap

i wanna stay ka i like it better than sr

and i thought about buying an ebay turbo kit and change the turbo but idk...

Last edited:
you should get the ebay kit.. rock that turbo till it blows.. then upgrade.. and spend your money on good tuning.

im look for reliability though, i know that turbo it comes with is shit, but what about the other parts??

im look for reliability though, i know that turbo it comes with is shit, but what about the other parts??

well just glancing at it i wouldnt use that bov, boost controller, or fuel pressure regulator these parts you want legit.the turbo would work for a while but i doubt longer then 6 months on LOW boost. so you can buy the kit then spend another 500-600 for the legit parts and another turbo. adn then you should be good to go

buy the ebay kit, and sell the turbo on OrlandoForums, or a honda forum, lol

newbs will bite

well just glancing at it i wouldnt use that bov, boost controller, or fuel pressure regulator these parts you want legit.the turbo would work for a while but i doubt longer then 6 months on LOW boost. so you can buy the kit then spend another 500-600 for the legit parts and another turbo. adn then you should be good to go

bov 100% but boost controller and fuel pressure ragulator will be ok

bov 100% but boost controller and fuel pressure ragulator will be ok

well i ran both my my supra and neither worked right i had serious boost spike and crazy fuel pressure all over the place. so from my experience i wouldnt use them again but like most ebay parts its hit or miss.

in that case i should just be patient and piece a kit together...

im not very expierenced with boost, so im doing ALOT of research on the web before i jump into anything.

the wastegate are junk along with bov they leak manifolds thin metal junk welds
u also need a good quality tune
first what are the compression number are on your ka now
head-gasket and arp studs are also needed to run a reliable ka-t
if not the pressure will stretch the stock head bolts and cause your head gasket to blow

if you looking for reliable for a good price dont waste your money on ka-t just do a sr swap and
cause your looking at 3000+ for a good kit on a ka

and i would suggest jgs there manifold is really good and there down-pipes

well i ran both my my supra and neither worked right i had serious boost spike and crazy fuel pressure all over the place. so from my experience i wouldnt use them again but like most ebay parts its hit or miss.

yea some things work and others dont

if you looking for reliable for a good price dont waste your money on ka-t just do a sr swap and
cause your looking at 3000+ for a good kit on a ka

Let me blow this retarded statement out of the water and frankly say, no.
You're not the only one that wants to go boost on a budget with a KA.
Go to www.ka-t.org you will find dozens of different builds that you can copy of all kinds.
Also, go to the for sale section and you will find tons of good deals to hop on.

The 1,000 ebay kit you should expect to add another 1,000 to get the shit you need to run the car.

Back
Top Bottom