turbo

Let me blow this retarded statement out of the water and frankly say, no.

how long has your ka-t ran bleak?? and how many "events" have you drifted?? When you get alot of stuff under your belt to back up the KA-T then, you can say that. Otherwise your fighting an argument with no proof.

how long has your ka-t ran bleak?? and how many "events" have you drifted?? When you get alot of stuff under your belt to back up the KA-T then, you can say that. Otherwise your fighting an argument with no proof.

Two months, one event. I daily the car as well.
No problems.

When you feel like hopping off this dick, LMK.

I don't need to go to a dick ton of events to know whether a ka-t kit is good/reliable or not.

Last edited:
Two months, one event.
No problems.

I don't need to go to a dick ton of events to know whether a ka-t kit is good/reliable or not.

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55013

Well looking at his build, he has a great amount of knowledge on KA's and has been running them before you. Unless u beat on an engine you really dont know anything about it. Even still just because you were lucky with your build doesn't mean everybody else is. Look at juank he has 2 blown motors and he rarely slides that car. Its all based on luck and the previous condition of the motor. Which is why I agree with that other guy, you have to cover your ass when doing a build and make sure its proper so that you don't spend unnecessary money in the end.

Two months, one event. I daily the car as well.
No problems.

i disagree cause when your banging rev limiter sliding with ka-t shit tends to go bad so it might be fine driving it on the road on low boost but i bet if you did alot of events on it shit would die quick. i know i blew up a kat already. hell ive been through 10 KA's now

I still havent compression tested it, Im doing that next week. They engine runs strong and from my knowledge on it its great except for a little oil leak that i will be fixing ASAP.

If the compression on this one isnt good i going to just buy another ka to boost.

SR are too expensive in my personal opinion.

I still havent compression tested it, Im doing that next week. They engine runs strong and from my knowledge on it its great except for a little oil leak that i will be fixing ASAP.

If the compression on this one isnt good i going to just buy another ka to boost.

SR are too expensive in my personal opinion.

sr is about the same price as a legit ka-t setup and will last way longer

ok
i have been building ka-t's since 2000, before sr's where so available here in florida, the only difference with my motors....... forged internels.... rods,pistons,and everything rebuilt, yes it is more expensive, yes it is time consumming, BUT, when you do all the work you learn about it , and can see how everything works together...
on KA-T.ORG you will see dailly driven cars that are pushing 15 psi and some monster 750 rwhp motors that are dailly as well, tuning is the reason why they last and why they can be reliable
sr's have the same problems as ka's, i constantly see threads on here that has some yahoo asking whats wrong with his idle and why his car is knocking
you can get an sr drop it in wire it up and start go everywhere and no worries, and then you have the nightmares that you start it and knocking starts , now you need to rebuild an sr, 2500 bucks later your good again,
its a mater of PERSONAL choice , not one motor is BETTER than the other
both have differences and can co-excist in the s-chassis world
if you are gonna drop on a stock ka 7psi and 370cc injectors, dont expect reliability, the stock motor with 100+ thousand miles wont hold much stress, and with an AFC tuning is just a bandaid on severed limb
you have 2g's
piece it together
try and find a small T3, a blown one , have it rebuilt, get the flanges and the exhaust manifold, the godspeed front mount kit has great piping location on the s14 (the one for ka motors), i saw 9:1 cp pistons for 234.00 + shipping somewhere (i think zilvia)take the motor apart or a buy a short block for 150 bucks have it decked and pistons installed on stock rods , get felpro head gasket, ARP hardware(the saturn ones they are better 85 bucks)
and dont forget about nistune
i still dont have it im in the middle of buying properties so i can retire, but from what i read and speaking to people that have it , its the best thing for the self broke tuner
you can call me if you need advise on where to send the block to get done , here in orlando i have my guy do it he's cheap, and assembling a motor has no science at all, you dont need to work at nasa

yea but for an sr i have to pay about 4 to 5 gs for a swap, thats aloottt more than to low boost a ka

4-5g's for the swap? This isn't an RB we're talking about pal. lol
PM abe for really good prices, it will be under 2k.

edit:
Agreed with Mendoza.

Last edited:
2g's for the engine + how ever much the person want to charge for install then all the other parts...idk i feel like the ka is a better way to go

2g's for the engine + how ever much the person want to charge for install then all the other parts...idk i feel like the ka is a better way to go

with a front mount and all the other bs to go with a sr you should be around 3g or less installed

wiring harness would be the only thing you can have done by someone else, if your thinking of ka-t you can install an sr
thats much easier than making shit fit and having welded

Back
Top Bottom