Towing

something about this math doesnt make sense. Say you have 3 cars weight 3000 lbs each (which we know 240s dont weigh) thats 9000lbs leaving 10000 for the trailer. My fathers 36 foot scarab barely weighs 9000lbs. You sure you didnt mis read something?

7000 trailer 1 240/350z/skyline/whatever with gear and tools is roughly 3000 x 4 =12,000 12,000 + 7000= 19,000 + 7500 truck even add 150 x 4 people =600 27100 O

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I srsly hope you guys get pulled by DOT.

Say I'm an asshole or whatever, but that's just fuckin reckless.

yea it is pretty wreckless i do i agree but thats like hoping some1 dies cmon man

^ +100% If the trailer starts to sway you have to accelerate and pull the trailer straight out of it. Slowing down only makes the tongue of the trailer sway more and more because its trying to go past the vehicle. Besides that vehicle was no where near right for towing a setup that tall as well as that setup was too top heave to begin with. The weight of the car was leaning and steering the trailer... Ive been close to that once with a small trailer in a short forward wheel base bronco years ago. That was scary and I couldn't imagine how that was... sucks.

Wait, lemme get thris straight. (Drunk logic at the moment) So if my trailer.... Towing the love of my life, starts to buck like a mule..... Floor that shit and i will save my car? Sounds like my kind of situation.

Cop pulls me over "License and registration please" "Do you know why i pulled you over?" "Hell yea. Because if you pulled me over about a mile ago there would have been casualties!"

when a trailer fishtails you speed up, not slow down... pretty much floor it...

(seriously)

thats not what i did i had my fathers boat on the truck going 80mph on i95 and it started fishtailing
after a couple bumps my first reaction was to floor it and it just keep on fishtailing but faster so i easd on the brake and at around 65mph and a soiled dickies it stopped.

thats not what i did i had my fathers boat on the truck going 80mph on i95 and it started fishtailing
after a couple bumps my first reaction was to floor it and it just keep on fishtailing but faster so i easd on the brake and at around 65mph and a soiled dickies it stopped.

Then you were lucky.

sent using tapatalk

proper tounge weight is the name of the game.......I've driven trailers across the U.S. quite a few times.....some with the wrong kind of vehicle.

110mph cruising without even noticing a trailer is behind me.

DSC00040.jpg

3 times across with that
1 time with Conrads trailer
about 3 times with Lukes Trailer.

Back
Top Bottom