The Homestead/FARA & The Drifitng Issue in South Florida

i thought san patricks started at 4pm lol.. you are an early bird. lol...

Way I figure, if i'ts 5 o'clock somewhere, then it's gotta be past 4 somewhere so yeah. Now have a pint and stop judging me.

Posers talk shit, brag, and then make excuses on why they cant do it. They try to make you look bad or stupid to make themselves look good not for the bennefit of the sport or because it's their true feelings, but to decieve or impress a bunch of newfags on a forum.

I probably like posers just as much as you do, but what I'm trying to get accross is that posers have two things we need. Interest, and money. Who cares what stupidity they are saying from the stands as long as they are there. There's only one outcome for posers and we know what that is. They will get called out and they will embarass themselves, like this kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
you asshole lol... i watched 10min of that to see them run.... and they didnt. sob!

Last edited:
This thread went pretty bonkers, didn't bother reading through most of it.

Just my thoughts,

Drifting is an industry, and just like nearly all other industries right now, business sucks.

It is emphasized because it is a young sport, it didn't have a huge foundation as other motorsports did going into this bad economy. It started to boom just as the recession was getting underway. Tokyo drift was 5 years too late.

For me personally, if I was making the same money I was several years ago, I would be attending a lot more events.

you asshole... i watched 10min of that to see them run.... and they didnt. sob!

I think if they had ran it wouldn't have been as awesome. It was so satisfying to see that crash and burn!

But back to the point. Are we all celebrating St. Patty's and making drifting flourish to honor our Irish ancestry?

So far the ProAm meet sounds like the best thing.

Last edited:
This thread went pretty bonkers, didn't bother reading through most of it.

Just my thoughts,

Drifting is an industry, and just like nearly all other industries right now, business sucks.

It is emphasized because it is a young sport, it didn't have a huge foundation as other motorsports did going into this bad economy. It started to boom just as the recession was getting underway. Tokyo drift was 5 years too late.

For me personally, if I was making the same money I was several years ago, I would be attending a lot more events.

The topic is the Florida drift scene in comparison to others.. Not just Cali

haha ill be back soon jason my car is just as done as yours right now

When are expecting to see you dirve again Gary?

I think if they had ran it wouldn't have been as awesome. It was so satisfying to see that crash and burn!

But back to the point. Are we all celebrating St. Patty's and making drifting flourish to honor our Irish ancestry?

So far the ProAm meet sounds like the best thing.

I think a pole might do the job.. But I'll make my call aorunds before I start the thread

Last edited:
l_7f38de31e68a40bb8fb089580481fb71.jpg

this is in florida, we dont eat or spend any money on anything, but we'll burn the shit out of some brand new 255s.

its all about priorities.

i dont want to get too involved with this thread yet- but florida doesnt have a season, we got soooo many events allllllll the time. so theres a lot going on...

Dan I would like to sit down with you and trow some ideas on the table. I spoke to Jen not to long ago and heard about what you would like to do.

Please get in contact me when you can.

Moe

...are you serious... the #1 legit car thief's of South Florida compared "Team Orange"... oh wait, you mean how they both like to drive sideways. :rolleyes:

sorry moe but im tired of this *****............ fuck you an your stupid ass shit aint no1 take your shit i even called u abot u thinking i that i stole urt motor but your bitch asss couldnt pick up your fone or anything u cant even come up to me the 2 time i saw u so stop being scared an cryin like alil bith that u are an still taking shit about wat happen cuz if u had something to say u would to me or any of use SIDE RUN members but u dont cuz your a BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u got something to say come to me dont say it over the internet like your a badass imma pm u my number so we can talk like real men n not b big an bad like u are. u aint shit to me.

p.s. every1 i havent had a job in more than a year an i still make it out to every fucking event cuz i want to. cuz i love this sport n want to become better at it an become more than what i can thats why i drop every dollar i can into my car so i can b able to go to every event. im at every fara event cuz i wanna support wat i wanna do an cuz that track is mad baller

thank u an thats all

Last edited:
Dan I would like to sit down with you and trow some ideas on the table. I spoke to Jen not to long ago and heard about what you would like to do.

Please get in contact me when you can.

Moe

there must be a misunderstanding. i dont think i have any good ideas for event. haha, i love having fun, like a bunch.
- my number is 941-320-6095

drifting in most ways ruined my life, ive sacraficed a lot.

i love my car and i love driving it.

i have a feeling that things are going to get better.

I am moving out to Miami so I can make it out to events again. I am selling the Mustang to get a Corolla so I can use the cheaper 14 inch tires. Mustang would have been nice, but I love Corollas more and the tires are cheaper for Corollas. I am doing what I gotta do to make it out there.

I don't even have ADD, and I still can't pay attention to this thread, but I'm just gonna go over a few things that I thought were important and/or really good ideas that I saw in this thread.

My opinion of grassroots level competitions: PAINFUL TO WATCH. Even with tons of love for the sport. Demos are WAY more fun. Short and sweet. Maybe a bunch of short demos spread out through the day, instead of one long one that gets boring.

Boxmod and I have done demos that have been awesome, and people loved it, and we had a ton of fun driving. Maybe limit the number of cars to like 5 cars?? (Really cool cars/drivers that is!) Too many cars makes for a mess. 5 cars doing a bunch of 15 min demos throughout the day would be awesome.

Boxmod makes a lot of sweet points, and I really like the idea of an announcer. A good announcer. An announcer that either knows, or is given information about the drivers. Also, ride alongs, donuts, windmills, rodeos, all of that is awesome for spectators.

FOR TANDEM: This isn't competition, you wanna be close no matter what. Lead drivers need to start using their MIRRORS. If you're in drift and see the person following is a few car lengths back, get your left foot on that brake pedal ASAP. Slow down, and let the other driver catch up and get on your door. Also make sure you stay close on the run up to the first turn. Don't try to drag race, and leave the following car in the dust. Put on a show.

Also, CARS LOOKING GOOD is a major priority. It sucks, and it's expensive, and probably rules out a lot of good drivers, but your shit needs to look good. This works when you limit the number of cars driving though.

You would get way more quality in the demos if you could help with travel expenses and tires. It's easily a $500 day to go to one of these. It would be sweet if some of that could be covered, but I know that's probably not happening. BUT... limiting the number of cars driving also limits the amount you'd have to help.

There are probably a million other things that I'm forgetting, but this stuff seemed important. Holla if you need help with anything.

I don't even have ADD, and I still can't pay attention to this thread, but I'm just gonna go over a few things that I thought were important and/or really good ideas that I saw in this thread.

My opinion of grassroots level competitions: PAINFUL TO WATCH. Even with tons of love for the sport. Demos are WAY more fun. Short and sweet. Maybe a bunch of short demos spread out through the day, instead of one long one that gets boring.

Boxmod and I have done demos that have been awesome, and people loved it, and we had a ton of fun driving. Maybe limit the number of cars to like 5 cars?? (Really cool cars/drivers that is!) Too many cars makes for a mess. 5 cars doing a bunch of 15 min demos throughout the day would be awesome.

Boxmod makes a lot of sweet points, and I really like the idea of an announcer. A good announcer. An announcer that either knows, or is given information about the drivers. Also, ride alongs, donuts, windmills, rodeos, all of that is awesome for spectators.

FOR TANDEM: This isn't competition, you wanna be close no matter what. Lead drivers need to start using their MIRRORS. If you're in drift and see the person following is a few car lengths back, get your left foot on that brake pedal ASAP. Slow down, and let the other driver catch up and get on your door. Also make sure you stay close on the run up to the first turn. Don't try to drag race, and leave the following car in the dust. Put on a show.

Also, CARS LOOKING GOOD is a major priority. It sucks, and it's expensive, and probably rules out a lot of good drivers, but your shit needs to look good. This works when you limit the number of cars driving though.

You would get way more quality in the demos if you could help with travel expenses and tires. It's easily a $500 day to go to one of these. It would be sweet if some of that could be covered, but I know that's probably not happening. BUT... limiting the number of cars driving also limits the amount you'd have to help.

There are probably a million other things that I'm forgetting, but this stuff seemed important. Holla if you need help with anything.

Worth quoting. J.Lo summarizes most important points from Jason Jiovani and adds in a few important ones of his own.

In very simple terms: Make crowd happy = Success. What makes anything popular (sports, celebrities, etc) is the amount of people that watch it.

This thread is quite a clusterfuck of random arguments, but this should be noted (and put into practice)

- Erick

In very simple terms: Make crowd happy = Success. What makes anything popular (sports, celebrities, etc) is the amount of people that watch it.

- Erick

That's pretty much it. When you go to a spectator related event, try to look at it from a non-driver, non-biased point of view. Fact is, it's usually boring. People have short attention spans, and you gotta keep 'em pumped up. Short and fast. If you know what I mean. haha

i am reading this thread just havent had the time to put my 2 lincolns in yet. Between jlo and box most the important points are covered. But heres my brief list of improving points especially for demos and some points for comps.

1 We need to make the demo fucking WOW not just o thats cool those guys just burnt 200 in tires idiots. (OLDER CROWD BUT THEY HAVE THE MONEY AND POWER TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!!) In demo we need a proper introdution to get people excited-then some 2-3 car windmills, rodeos, ganster introduction. Then on to tandem action at homestead specically we need to try to get way closer ( which is difficult due to every driver have way different power levels and skill levels but try).

2 Drivers cars realy need to look good or decent! We all know its hard and expensive to keep them looking ok all bumpers and ext. Drivers need to attempt to put on a show as a group not there own show.

3 Competition is fucked here in fl due to the low amount of people with proper safety equipment. We need spectators to make comps happen and without sweet close action tandem its not worth it to come watch! I wouldnt go watch a event without tandem in a spectator view.

some quick points of view from me like it or dont like it i dont care!!

too get better demos/comps we really need more venues to allow tandem/people with cages.

tandem practice will REALLY raise your skill level faster than anything else because you can follow a better/more seasoned driver. you focus more on duplicating them, than what you are really doing- your instincts take over. once you FEEL that entry the right way/speed.... you can replicate it more easily than 'just trying to figure it out' each run.

It is not hard to put on a good show and yea being close is nice, but you dont have to be d1/rubbing fenders, just withing a car length or 2 will wow most spectators. When you have driven WITH the driver more and more, you will then have the confidence to put it on his door/let him get on yours.

There are people in the FL scene I have no issue with letting them chase me, others, I won't let you (brake/slowdown) get close to me yet lol. I usually dont have an issue with following anyone, but that doesn't help you. I'll let anyone follow, but just not 'help you' ride my door.

Last edited:
i agree im comfortable with a few people here juan is 1 u and a few other people being real close other than that i get a lil sketchy

Back
Top Bottom