Ter-Tech/Drift 411 event at Moroso Sept.2nd Pro Am qualifier

To be eligible to qualify for the Formula D licensing event you need a roll cage since you have to tandem at our event during the qualifying. But to practice you still dont need one I would like to see everyone have it, it is for your safety not mine, so spending couple hundred to save your hips or even your life is small price to pay.

Last edited:
chrome moly six point from chassis eng. bout $400, 10 point bout $600 but you have to weld it in. not bad life insurance. you can come to my shop when ever you want but I wont fabricate it you'll have to do it yourself.

It's $400 in materials alone tho... then you need to measure that crap and weld it in. It adds up quickly for doing either one.

I'm saving up for a 6pt bolt on. But if I NEED to have a cage to qualify, and it takes 4 weeks to place the cage order and have it shipped, I might as well sit this one out. Or just roast some tires on the skidpad for the shits and giggles of it.

wait, there will only be practice on the skid pad? if you dont have a cage you wont be able to go on the track sept 2nd due to tandem?

Hairetsu said:
wait, there will only be practice on the skid pad? if you dont have a cage you wont be able to go on the track sept 2nd due to tandem?

id imagine anyone could run on the track before and after qualifying, ya know if you are allowed on the road course.

You can go on to the roads course without the cage you just wont be taking part in the tandem battle. you still get to practice on it as much as you want.

Will a cage like this work FOR MOROSO?? Or do you need extra bracing on the doors and the halo hoop above your head??
rollcage.jpg

Or this...
893.jpg

Last edited:
thats a six point to me thats enough but it wont be enough for formula D I'll let you drive at this event with it but it doesnt make sense for you to do it twice since if you qualify you'll have to add the halo roof hoop

Well I could always add that later. I just wanted to know what was good for this event. Thank you.

um

Im putting in a 8 point cage its D.O.M. its SCCA NHRA AND IHRA approved. $431.00 shipped from this place outta P.A. and lucky for me my neighbor is a welder and has everything you could think of that has to do with welding in his garage. So hes going to weld it in for me. :bigthumbu but dont think im ready for tandem, still getting used to the 240, it takes more to get rear out than the RX8. So im looking forward to killin that skid pad.

No tandem for me. Not enough experience, and my car is too dam sexy to get hit.

I know wrecks are a part of drifting, but I am not ready to let someone run into me. If I wreck it will be my own fault.

Of coarse. Man I can't wait till I have the experience to drift tandem.

TER-TECH how many drivers will be allowed at this one?

Ter-Tech said:
You can go on to the roads course without the cage you just wont be taking part in the tandem battle. you still get to practice on it as much as you want.
sick ish, harri you are the man.

Back
Top Bottom