Temp Gauge

2slow4u

Ok guys I got a question iv had my car for about 3 months its always ran very col on half all the time and last night I was headed home and It was getting hot I stopped to check and everything was fine but I did notice the temp gauge sensor was broken so I replaced it today and its reading hot but when you un plug the sensor and reconnect it is goes back to have its a stock ka with electric fans anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Its the little one wire plug there's no air in the system I bled it for 30min the sensor came off my spare motor it worked in the other car it was in

are u running a thermostat, if so maybe u have it set to turn the fans on too late?? idk

So you bled it... It only happens on the high way? That would disprove a fan problem... What RPM you running when it happens(on the highway)? And where exactly does the gauge read when it's "hot"?

edit* oh yeah and how long in to your trip does it happen? try driving that same amount of time on the street and see what happens?

Last edited:
If I drive at 70 or 80 it starts but wen I get to were im going and turn the off and back on the gauge is at half

hmmmmm not sure I under stand. Where exactly does the gauge read when it's "hot"? and um reread what I posted and give more accurate information please.

Id say it gets the the last bar before it gets to the h not all the way up just most of the way the trip could last 20 min and its up there and its around 3 to 4k rpm

No leaks I pressure tested the system holds great pressure no issues and I bought the car with no thermostat and iv never changed the pump

I would really try driving it around for 20-30 mins and see if it over heats(stop and go conditions). Need more information: how do you drive, do you have an EGR, are you sure you bled it correctly, etc.? The heat has to be coming from some where and/or not being relived to the air, or theres a problem with the circuit for the temp senor (or sensor or gauge cluster) thats giving you a false reading...

im thinking its the cluster, I bled it with a coolant funel (i work at a shop), the car does not have an egr that i can see theres no line comming from the header to an egr valve. i bought the car that way. Also it doesnt over heat in city traffic (bumper to bumper) i dunt drive my car hard unless im sliding which isnt that offten on the streets

im thinkin its your water pump it happen to me also when im on the highway it would get hot then when im on the street it would be str8 so i changed the water pump n its been fine ever since

Back
Top Bottom