T3/4 (~T25) 300zx turbos on an SR?

I've got 4 300zx (z32) turbos (one needs a new CHRA so probably isnt worth anything) and was wondering if you guys can put them on SR's or KA's or anything. In other words, anyone want to buy 300zx turbos?

Not in classifieds because I dont know if they can even be used for 240 motors or not.
D

You might want to post exactly what you have...and in the classifieds.

z31 300zx turbos are T3 60 trim comp w/ .63 a/r
z32 300zx turbos are tb-02/22 (basically a t25). a/r depends on whether they are from and auto or 5-speed.

There are no "T3/4 (~T25)" turbos

And yes they can be used on any motor but z32's would be a downgrade and z31's are like ancient haha.

z32 300zx turbos are tb-02/22 (basically a t25). a/r depends on whether they are from and auto or 5-speed.
There are no "T3/4 (~T25)" turbos

So you're aware, '~' means circa, about, almost, etc... So it's what I said. The 300ZX people I know referred to them as T3/4 hybrids. Regardless, they are basically t25s and I was just wondering if 240 guys can use them. Not sure what you mean by downgrade... are you saying that Z32 turbos would be a downgrade for SR's?

As for how much, I dont care, buck fifty?

Its not ~t25, it is a uniquely nissan t25 with tb-02/22 internals. Not even remotely t3/4, just letting you know.

An sr20det's t25 should produce more unless my memory is skewed...huge possibility.

I really dont know much about comparing turbos other than AR to AR but I do know there are also important factors like volume of air and so on... Basically, how would I compare the two turbos (sr20 to z32) other than AR's?

compressor maps but i don't think you'll find one for a z turbo since they are nissan spec.

Max hp on stock twins for z32's is about 400whp. On a 3ltr w/ 2 t25's, i think its fairly safe to assume they're relatively similar to an SR's T25 - probably a little smaller.

Last edited:
max whp on a z with stockers is more like 480 with supporting mods (injectors, meth, rotating mass mods, etc). BUT technically thats like 1 turbo per 1.5 liter motor, so since an sr is 1.8 (right?) it would probably be less power. I'm more wondering if they would be bolt on or not. SR turbos have oil and coolant ports? Bolt patterns match on the manifolds/dps? I'll try and talk to someone that probably has stock z32 compressor maps and I'll post them if I can find them.

max whp on a z with stockers is more like 480 with supporting mods (injectors, meth, rotating mass mods, etc).

Yeah?

No.

400 is even wishful thinking. With JWT Sport 500s at 19psi and EVERY supporting mod without cracking open the engine, you can make about 410whp. On stock twins high 300's will happen but those shit bag t25's WILL take a dump on you at those levels. 14psi is about safe and you'll see low/mid 300's at that depending on supporting mods.

Maybe you're talking about "estimated crank hp" or maybe you're just talking out of your ass. But stock twin will not make 480whp.

Actually, I know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to Z32s. 14 psi? That's pussy. Plenty of people run 18psi on stockers all day with no problems, any higher than that and you lose efficiency. In fact, I know of one Z running 16psi with only a few supporting mods pushing ~420whp. Sport 500s pushing 19psi with supporting mods at 410whp? They are called 500's for a reason. You can actually push them past 500 with enough support pretty easily (although not far). Besides, I did not say you would be pushing 480 reliably, because you wont. Does not change the fact that you can do it.

If you don't believe me or still think I'm talking out of my ass, why don't you look some of this shit up? It's not hard to find lists of horsepower numbers with mods/turbo's on 3zc.com or ttnet etc.

I don't need people to tell me shit about z32 turbos on z32's--trust me, I've got enough fact- and experience-based knowledge on them. I want to know about bolting them up to a CA, KA or SR.
D

LMAO. Why do insolent people ask questions? Anyway...

If you knew anything in the 1st place you wouldn't have asked such a simple question. You'd also know a t25 has NOTHING to do with a T3/T4 and that it will not last for any considerable length of time boosting beyond 14psi. Not only that, it drastically looses efficiency shortly after. Now you've already admitted to nob being able to read this, but I'll post it as proof:

variables:
* Engine Displacement 3ltr
* Volumetric Efficiency 90% (fair assumption)
* Pressure at the inlet valves 18psi

What this shows is that at 18psi, not only will the compressor be surging, but at 7k rpm, you'd be OFF the efficiency chart. I mapped the red line on there, otherwise its a standard t25 compressor map (which i still believe is a slightly larger turbo than the tb-02/22's you have.

And again, a T25 WILL NOT LAST at anything past the 14psi range. We're talking old, used, journal bearing turbos here.

Now, I can waste more time on you but I think schooling you with irrefutable tech well beyond your knowledge level was enough for now. Research dyno's on your own (there's a registry on 300zxclub.com) and you'll see you wrong about your hp estimates too. If you have trouble, lmk and i'll post em here to show you.

Cause if you don't know, now you do...

LMAO. Why do insolent people ask questions? Anyway...

If you knew anything in the 1st place you wouldn't have asked such a simple question. You'd also know a t25 has NOTHING to do with a T3/T4 and that it will not last for any considerable length of time boosting beyond 14psi. Not only that, it drastically looses efficiency shortly after. Now you've already admitted to nob being able to read this, but I'll post it as proof:

[url]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3245/t25compressormap18psisb5.jpg[/URL]

variables:
* Engine Displacement 3ltr
* Volumetric Efficiency 90% (fair assumption)
* Pressure at the inlet valves 18psi

What this shows is that at 18psi, not only will the compressor be surging, but at 7k rpm, you'd be OFF the efficiency chart. I mapped the red line on there, otherwise its a standard t25 compressor map (which i still believe is a slightly larger turbo than the tb-02/22's you have.

And again, a T25 WILL NOT LAST at anything past the 14psi range. We're talking old, used, journal bearing turbos here.

Now, I can waste more time on you but I think schooling you with irrefutable tech well beyond your knowledge level was enough for now. Research dyno's on your own (there's a registry on 300zxclub.com) and you'll see you wrong about your hp estimates too. If you have trouble, lmk and i'll post em here to show you.

Cause if you don't know, now you do...
that just happened....

Last edited:
Ztuner said:
2+2 tt conversion automatic daily driver full weight
18 psi
459 whp
465 ftlbs tq
best time of 12.08 @ 118.9 mph

Power mods
Bone stock internalled Z
555 inj
stock IC's
single pop greddy intake
asp underdrive
ztuner 1 pc driveshaft
ported exhaust manifold
2.5 inch split dp
2.5 inch tp
greddy sp cat bact
ztuner ecu

Harry

That was just the first page of the first thread I opened to find one. I know for fact that there are PLENTY more. In fact, one of the 3zc mod's has been running 18psi for a couple years now without blowing them. Posting up something you know I don't know how to read and running your mouth about how much about it you do know is not an "i win," it's more like an, "I'm a douchebag." I know Z's with stock turbos running over 400hp. You can spout all the shit you want but reality is the best proof. THAT just happened... wow.

Again, back on topic, I wanted to know about the turbos bolting onto other nissan motors. And as for them being for sale, just pm me if you're interested with an offer. They do not smoke and they have no shaft play. Unfortunately, they were never boosted about 8psi because I hadn't even gotten a bc before totaling the car.

a RB20 turbo would work on a Z31 exh mani (84-86 work, not sure about the 87-89 models as they came with a T25 and could possibly be different) and vise versa. I know this 100% because i had my 88 Z at the time i was about to go boost on it. i bought a 85 exh mani, and a RB20DET turbo with roughly 30-40K on it, RB turbo (T28) bolted up perfectly to the 85 Z mani (came with T3 from factory).

"Some" nissan parts are interchangeable. it depends on what turbo and what car it came off of, i know a S130 (280ZX) turbo won't work on a Z31 and vise versa (someone in sfzcc tried it i believe.)

That was just the first page of the first thread I opened to find one. I know for fact that there are PLENTY more. In fact, one of the 3zc mod's has been running 18psi for a couple years now without blowing them. Posting up something you know I don't know how to read and running your mouth about how much about it you do know is not an "i win," it's more like an, "I'm a douchebag." I know Z's with stock turbos running over 400hp. You can spout all the shit you want but reality is the best proof. THAT just happened... wow.

Nothing happened other than you getting owned and you're about to get owned again. Your post was BULLSHIT. I know Harry at Ztuned's car and those numbers are using gt 28r bb turbos. PM him yourself if you don't believe me and if you already knew, just quit trying to be slick. I came here trying to help clear things up for you, not start a war. You're know-it-all attitude is truly sad considering how little you know and much people could actually help if you put your ego away and listened.

Here's some other tuned z's with aftermarket turbos and actual dyno charts to back them up...

DynoSheet.jpg

445 RWHP@18psi/93octane

gt675rs kit
555's
aftermarket i/c's fmic
dual pop
electric cutouts
Apexi Power FC standalone

DynoMay08Q16.jpg

442 whp and 423 wtq @22 psi, Q16

JWT 530's
MS Manifolds
2.5 SZ full exhaust (super splits, TP, X-pipes, quad exhaust)

TTdyno.jpg

JWT Sport 500s
Custom Dual Pop
FMIC
JWT ECU
Megan Dp's and test pipes
Greddy cat-back
Nismo 740cc injectors
Greddy boost controller

Pump gas 91 octane at 19psi spike with an unsteady 18psi.

258833228.jpg

- Fully Built Bottom End
- Wiseco 88mm Forged Pistons with Polydyne Coated
- Eagle H-beam Forged Connecting Rods
- ARP Rod Bolts
- ARP Head Studs
- NA Oil Squirters
- Z31 Aluminium Bearings
- Heads Redecked
- Heads Surfaced, Pressure Tested
- Heads Oil Passages Cleaned
- JWT #400 Racing Cams 262 dur/.368 lift
- JWT Heavy Duty Valve Springs Set (24)
- JWT VTC Springs
- Radius Valve Job
- Ported and Polished Race Heads
- Ported and Polished Exhaust Manifolds
- Ported Water Passage
- Polished Intake (inside & out)

- JWT 530 Ball Bearing Turbos (balanced and preload at 12psi)
- Doolz Xstream Dual Intake
- Dual Apexi Power Intakes
- 94+ Adjustable Intake Cam Gears
- Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley
- Specialty Z Split Downpipes
- Specialty Z Hi Flow Cat
- Specialty Z Stainless Steel Ball Bearing Turbo Lines
- HKS Hard Pipes with SS T Bolt Clamps
- HKS Hiper Carbon Titanium Exhaust
- HKS Super Sequential BOV
- HKS Intercoolers
- Nismo 555cc Injectors
- Nismo Oil Cooler
- Nismo Thermostat
- Nismo Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- NGK Iridium Plugs
- Specialty Z Custom Tune ECU (Race Fuel & Street Programs)
- Koyo Radiator with Coz Polished Bracket
- Stillen Aluminium 1 piece Lower Radiator Pipe
- 1 piece Aluminium Driveshaft
- RPS Max Street Clutch
- RPS Segmented Flywheel

stock15psi.jpg

intake
exhaust
UR underdrive pulley
Z1 downpipes & testpipes
Z1 ECU
Blitz SBC-iD EBC

stock injectors, ICs, and turbos @15psi

Last edited:
dam son! TONYMAC just chopped u up son!! better just click the log out button and dont come back!!! fuckn noob!

Actually, like I said in the first place, he hasn't answered any questions I have, only spouted shit.

From Harry:
That was with gt28r turbos on pump gas . Best on stock turbos we have got is 420 whp but the blew quickly thereafter

Harry

Yes that one I posted was with gt28r's but they weren't listed so I assumed it was with stockers (why they weren't listed I have no idea, oversight maybe). Regardless, that's just Harry that's gotten over 400 on stockers, the mod running 18psi got over 400 iirc as well using meth and his turbos are still boosting fine. Obviously, he doesn't push that much every day, but the fact remains.

I'm a 'noob' about 240's (mainly because I don't like them) and since tony would rather go on and on cutting and pasting dyno's of Z's with aftermarket turbos (for what reason again?) I keep having to reiterate the same question... Are there turbo mani's available to bolt z32 snails to CA's, KA's, or SR's (stock manis workable with custom DP's perhaps?) and are there spots to run the coolant to and from. Not tough right?

Back
Top Bottom