Suggestions for Hydrolic e-brake on a s14.

Ok right now i hav the stock cable with hawk brake pads. I've been told to get "seahorses" an that would help out a lot, but I'm sick an tired of the quaility my initiations being compramised due to mechanical failure. like the only one wheel locking up. It keeps me from being as aggressive as i want to be.

So I was looking at the Ksport but I wanted to ask what people hav used an what Hydro product gives them the best consistancy an least amount of problems.

Anything helps.

Try getting some crappy stock pads. Drifting doesn't get brakes hot, so you want something with good cold bite. Project Mu pads are supposed to be awesome, but I've never tried em.

Hydraulic hand brakes really only work good with 2 piston calipers. So if you have z32 rears you should be good. Also, if you get one, make sure you get the smallest mastercylinder bore size.

i have cnc hand brake and i love it. but like j lowe said it works best with two calipers but i have z32 brakes on my car and it works awesome for me even without two calipers. having double calipers is just the right way of doing it.

Maybe fix whats broken, and then you wont have mechanical failure?

I have a stock ebrake, with cheapo pads and my ebrake locks every time...

Project Mu pads + stock e-brake with good, non-stretched cables ftw. Also, I've been told by Vas that he runs Hawk Pads and he loves them. He runs Z32 rear calipers also.

i have cnc hand brake and i love it. but like j lowe said it works best with two calipers but i have z32 brakes on my car and it works awesome for me even without two calipers. having double calipers is just the right way of doing it.

I said 2 piston calipers, like what you have on your car. haha

I said 2 piston calipers, like what you have on your car. haha

lol i was gonna jump on that haha.

Ksport is ok, took me some time to get it set how i like it. I am running STOCK calipers (I'm still 4 lug even) witih ProjectMu pads. However, I got the larger bore size because some fool told me wrong when I ordered it. So with a smaller cylinder bore, I think it would work pretty well, but i'd prefer having the 2 piston calipers for sure. i REALLY have to rip on the handle to get a good lock, and its still not as instant as i'd like.

Do not get the ksport one mine and a few others I have seen have fallen apart the first few pulls.

I recommend either fixing your stock setup or get the Pbm hydro or The new Isis (change to wilwood cylinder) and z32 calipers

this may sound stupid, but how can you tell if your cable is stretched? will it be obvious when you pull it that its stretched?

My ebrake doest lock for shit, even when its crazy wet, and i tug the crap out of it. Ive tightened that 10mm bolt at the bottom of the handle pretty damn tight, and im afraid of going any tighter cause my friend did the same on his coupe, and then broke it lol

on a side note, even though it "feels" tight at the handle when i pull on it, unless i really pull it up, it will still roll back a little on a driveway

the pads i have are the medium quality ones from advanced, theyre about a year old

If you have single piston calipers, make sure the sliders on the calipers are lubed up good and slide freely. Make sure the cables aren't rubbing on anything, and everything is working properly.

I have stock calipers all around with the stock rubber lines. Ill check that they slide and lube them with im guessing some grease next time i bleed my brakes. thanks for the advice

So when going HYDRAULIC hand brake what would be the best caliper set up or, a budget set up??

I'm considering going hydraulic myself, just askign if it work on the stock single piston calipers that are on the s14 or should we go with a beefier setup....

Also what do you consider a Good hand brake?
ISIS
K SPORT
ECT..
ECT....

PBM hydro if you want quality, but CNC works for most. You can keep your stock hand brake just get z32 rear calipers, and or get the CNC hydro and run lines directly to the calipers.

I have stock S13 calipers with a PBM hydro and it works OK. I haven't installed my z32 rears yet. I have drifted quite a few cars with the Ksport an LS3 S14 with z32's a C6 vette and 2 2010 Camaro's. all work perfect. The S14 has been using that hydro for over 2 years now. bbbbbuuuuutttt PBM cost the same if you are gonna buy SS lines for the Ksport, so its not cheaper.

dude iv been telling you for years just buy project mu rear pads and be done have you ever seen my ebrake fail??? Over what 4 years???? 125$ that all done.

ksport wont fall apart lmao.

if cable is stretched then the handle will have way too much travel when pulled. 3-4" from bottom to where you cant go anymore is where i had my stock one. if thats similar to how yours is, and its not locking well might need new rear calipers or fixed... jeremy was talking about them working well.

fishers ebrake was sick when i drove his car, ive never had one that worked like that!

Back
Top Bottom