Street racing is bad mmmmm'kay

Tonymac

P I Z Z A
Driver
Witnessed a street racing accident last night between two retards in a Honda Civic (ek) and a Toyota Corolla (mid-90's). The Civic was in the left and the Corolla was in the middle lane. Somehow the civic (which was boosted) lost control and hit the median. I thought he was gonna go over the median and hit oncoming traffic (really bad), but instead the car did a switch-back and wound up back on the westbound side of the street. He barely missed the corolla (which never slowed down or stopped accelerating) and hit a light/electrical pole with the driver side door. I immediately called 911 (I was the only witness) and rushed over to the car. The kid (who said he was only 16 while he was still talking) was in the back seat while his legs/lower torso were crushed between the car and the pole. I could still hear his voice begging for help while I waited for the ambulance and fire rescue teams to show up. I think I could actually smell the blood. He ended up getting air-lifted to a hospital after they cut him out of the car...I saw the dude on the stretcher; he was all white and nasty looking with one of his legs still attached by what looked like strings and the other one didn't even look like a leg anymore. Unless he had some internal bleeding from the pole or an impact to his head, I think he'll live. If he does, I'll bet he wishes he didn't when the bills start coming in (I heard the trauma-copter rides were $15k each way; true or not?) since he also cracked the street pole and blew out a transformer. The helicopter was pretty rad though. I got camera phone vids of it but b/c of all the police/ambulance/fire rescue lights, all you could really see is a blur.

Drive safe guys.

Right across the street from the autozone on Hypoluxo (w of I95). They took off from highridge heading west (I was slowing down for the light when it went green). The corolla was actually racing first but the civic revved at me to show me his mad tyyyyte BOV and then took off and caught up with the corolla, stayed next to him to show off probably, and then lost control.

If you drive past it, they "bandaged" up the light pole and have police tape connecting it to the billboard and another pole.

...damn, and as much as i like to floor it when sum wun likes to run....it sucks to hear of such accidents. that poor kid is done for. man, imagine the scared idiot who didnt stop an kept going.... how many of us would have kept going?.... i was in a similar situation when i was 19 down in south beach coming off 395 to go onto i95...sumwun spent out when racing me, and hit another car....the idiot who hit the car hopped the median and headed back to south beach i gues to go up 195 instead....i went back an helped out the guy he hit... its the right thing to do!

J

that gives me the chills.. i hate hearing about stuff like that... I just dont even want imagine that... man.

dori dori said:
I heard the trauma-copter rides were $15k each way; true or not?

that accident sucks. I was only dreaming of boost at 16. -One day at work, I went into diabetic shock (no joke) and that little ambulance ride to the hospital for them to just give me food (of which either way I'm grateful) alone costed me $500. So I don't doubt that the heli ride could be a couple thousand, if not 15.

Last edited:
Three5oZee said:
...damn, and as much as i like to floor it when sum wun likes to run....it sucks to hear of such accidents. that poor kid is done for. man, imagine the scared idiot who didnt stop an kept going.... how many of us would have kept going?.... i was in a similar situation when i was 19 down in south beach coming off 395 to go onto i95...sumwun spent out when racing me, and hit another car....the idiot who hit the car hopped the median and headed back to south beach i gues to go up 195 instead....i went back an helped out the guy he hit... its the right thing to do!

J

Do you have an easy way to find out what happened to him? I'm sure I'll be contacted again since I was the only witness, but the papers didn't say anything about a race/wreck or anything today.

illphantasm said:
that accident sucks. I was only dreaming of boost at 16. -One day at work, I went into diabetic shock (no joke) and that little ride to the hospital for them to just give me food (of which either way I'm grateful) costed me $500. So I don't doubt that the heli ride could be a couple thousand, if not 15.

I just did some research, they definitely cost thousands to get airlifted although I can't find any wpb specific ones...don't know how you avoided it though. I know one time I had to go to a hospital in Orlando and I only got one x-ray bill from them when I should have had at least 10 different bills (er fees, iv, blood drawn, ect). I have a feeling this kid won't be so lucky.

dori dori said:
...don't know how you avoided it though.
My mistake -- I meant to say that my ambulance ride costed $500, so I had the feeling that it would be probable that an airlift would cost several thousands more.

Last edited:
GoldZenkiS14 said:
dont hate what do u know .. i boosted my car since i was 16 and my parents didnt pay 1 peny of it ..

Who's hating? I'm boosting and I'm loving every minute of it.

My point isn't that the parents are idiots for paying for the turbo! My point is that if you love your ****ing kid you wouldn't allow them to drive a guranteed ticket to trouble. That kid at 16 barely had hair on his nuts, much less the maturity to handle a boosted car. And before you come back with some ****ty reply, read the story again. The kid ****ed himself because he didn't know how to handle himself!

Last edited:
JH282 said:
Who's hating? I'm boosting and I'm loving every minute of it.

My point isn't that the parents are idiots for paying for the turbo! My point is that if you love your ****ing kid you wouldn't allow them to drive a guranteed ticket to trouble. That kid at 16 barely had hair on his nuts, much less the maturity to handle a boosted car. And before you come back with some ****ty reply, read the story again. The kid ****ed himself because he didn't know how to handle himself!

Yes, this is so true to an extent. If the kid did pay for everything on his own (but working @ publix I doubt it - he had a publix uniform on), there's nothing the parents could do. BUT I doubt that was the case. Modern day society doesn't seem to know how to say no to their children. They get what the want, when they want it. I'm just glad the kid didn't hop the median and possibly kill other people. Every bit of damage that was done was done to himself (and unfortunately his loved ones will suffer as well) and he has to live with that. Personally, I don't think that most kids @ 16 have enough maturity to drive AT ALL let alone a "fast" car.

ALEXIS said:
I think it cool U stop and helped, hopefully I can do the same sometime.

Thanks. The funny thing is, I didn't even hesitate with anything (at first). I started getting nervous afterword though since my car was modified, there was a race, no other witnesses were there, and I had an expired license. When all this started sinking in, I thought about leaving for a split second, but then heard the kid moaning in misery.

damn thats really unfortunate, was the road semi-wet? open diff spinning indivdual tires and then catching in dry spots, plus fwd. thats alot of feedback in the wheel.

i really dont know what to say, its just unfortunate about what happened. its terrible that he "learnt" his lesson with this degree of punishment. rip the fmic off, spin out in a strait line, crash into a pole backwards at a slower speed almost anything else would have been a better option for this kid. :(

its a good thing you stopped anthony. if it wernt for your imediate emergency call he probably would have been in more critical condition or worse.

Last edited:
People really need to demonstrate self control sometimes. I know a few friends personally who would down shift if they heard someone rev their motor. :rolleyes: I had my days of street racing. Never in and out of traffic. But still. IT was mad cool of you to stop and help. It takes a big person to do those kind of things. Obviously the kid in the Corolla is just another kid and he is probally bragging to all his friends how he beat a boosted civic. :rolleyes:

Wow, thats so devastating. Your such a great person for stopping. I really commend you for that. Alot of people wouldnt have stopped under your circumstances (modified car, expired liscense, etc). It takes a mature and truly humane person to stop and help out in such a bad scenario.
I see such young kids driving these powerful cars that most likely belong to their parents (some maybe not) and ending up in the hospital. Theres 16 year olds that bring their daddy's vipers and porches to school and all Im thinking is "omg, his parents are insane". Idk if youve heard this story, but I have a friend who was racing on 27 in his Supra about 3 years ago when he was 17 and he lost control (I dont remember how) and went into a canal. He only suffered a broken arm, I believe, but he could have died if he had gone unconcious from the impact of the car hitting the water. Luckily he swam out. After he got better I told him he was an idiot and if he couldnt handle that car then why push it?
I didnt get my car until 3 months before I turned 18. I wanted a fast car so bad when I was 16, and I hated that my parents wouldnt let me. But now Im thankful because I know I wouldve gotten into some serious trouble.

Last edited:
i thnk it soundz lik sum1 broke a front axle in their FF?shyttty to hear thugh,my dads a firefighter and he's told me sum really chillld stories befor about wreked cars

I agree with Altezza girl(*btw your sig is nice), I wanted a 93^ trans am soo bad when I turned 16 but my dad wouldnt let me....he said I have to get a 4 banger, which brings me to my first S13, and the funny thing is im still driving a 4 banger....

and wasn't it wet out last night too?!? that kid's also put his family in some major trouble, being a minor and what not, i doubt insurance will cover anything becuase he had a turbo and i'm sure they can prove he was going very fast...sad...

also, getting airlifted costs a few thausand...and the bills DO NOT STOP THERE!!!
my little brother (8 at the time) fell down a precipice in a park in california and in the fall trunks literally broke and were completely dug into his leg/knee req surgery and...i'll skip the details to the point...the bill was $6500 for the helicopter, another $3000 or so for the emergency hospital SERVICE, another number greater than these two together for the emergency surgery and you dont want to know what it costs to be in intensive care for a week or so. (covered by insurance after the big deductable) I dont really know what other things had to be paid, so this kid is in some dip shiat

(lil bro is okay though, was on his feet 2wk after and back to his 2hr/day tennis practice 5mo after and no probs w/ walking running or anything, just a big sexy scar)

damm dori, i'm sorry you had to witness a shreded person.
now i know something i'm NOT giving to my kids...when i have some that is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom