sr20det problems

im haveing some trouble with my sr20. its starts to break up at about 1/2 throttle and i cant figure it out. it with also do the same thing if the car is just sitting not in gear idleing and to take it to WOT it starts to hesitate and breakup and slowly rev out. i noticed also that if you give it a quick couple revs it will rev out fine but other then that the bitch starts to break up while driving just after it gets into boost. if anyone has any ideas or knows what the problem that be great.thanks

is maf working good? fuel system ok???no major vacum leaks anywere???is spark strong????make sure ur CAS wasnt damaged when the cover was broken????lmk

the motor runs perfect until you try to rev it or put it under a load spark is good fuel system good everything is good. as far as the maf goes idk i dont have another to try out

hmm im kinda stumped i mean it could be the maf im not sure ima look around the sho to see if i find another single cam maf I'll let u know...What about the CAS did u make sure its ok and not messed up at all????

is it open downpipe still srprisingly in my sr when i ran it open downpipe it ran hard at higher rpm but was choppy to acelerate it was like this untill i installed my exhaust dont ask me y but thats what happen to me when i did my swap?????

BOOST LEAK ! make a tester at homedepot that fits onto your intake silicone fitting. pressurize the system with some air, you will hear it leak out. if you have your iacv and your TB blocked off, dont exceed 10-12 psi of pressure.

I dont know if its necessary, but I would probably run the spark plug gap around .030"

Last edited:
yuhtinkyuhslick said:
yeah it sounds like a boost leak. It could also be your timing.
Timing as how? Not engine timing. If the ignition timing were so advanced that if he started to make more then atmospheric pressure it would detonate or break up his throttle responce and stuff revving it would be weirded out too.

make a boost leak tester, i searched high and low for a boost leak, i didn’t find it until i put some pressurized air in the system.

you didnt happen to wash the engine or get water down in the spark plug holes did you? make sure its dry down there.

240SicknessX said:
BOOST LEAK ! make a tester at homedepot that fits onto your intake silicone fitting. pressurize the system with some air, you will hear it leak out. if you have your iacv and your TB blocked off, dont exceed 10-12 psi of pressure.

I dont know if its necessary, but I would probably run the spark plug gap around .030"

No! Put it on the hotpipe. I just don't think its a good idea to spin the turbo with no oil flow. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Oh, and it could be coilpacks - they do get weak (even though this sounds like a leak).

m4nfred said:
fuel pump?

hence y i asked is the fuel system ok but he already said he replaced every thing :bigthumbu

what kind of fuel pump are u rinning r u sure the freddy intake manifold was installed right ??check the spark to see if its strong make sure your not leaking boost any were the idea of a boost leack tester is good u should make 1 to be sure its not leakin anywere.....m4fred got a point if your fuel pump ist workin corectly it will result in choppyness so double and tripple check everything makes sure your nismo FPR is set to the right psi because it could be too low and not letting enough fuel into the engine....make sure everything is A ok this might help check everything and let us know the results like what psi your FPR is set to etc.to give us an idea of what might be wrong :bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

as far as i can tell everything is fine and if there is a boost leak i cant find one. all the clamps are tight no cuplings are torn or ripped idk what the problem is for example today i noticed that while the motor is idleing and warmed up if you go from idle to wot the turbo spools and makes boost no problem but the motor just is laggy and begins to break up and then rev out fine now if you put the motor under a load such as driveing in first gear and floor it it does the same and the car just bucks arounds wont spin the tires or anything makes alot of noise and doesnt go anywhere.
also the car has a walbro fuel pump in it.

Back
Top Bottom