SR20 Rx-7?

20b swaps are indeed expensive you cant find any shop that will do it for less. but they are hard to come nowadays so i can see why. but if you ever seen a 20b done right...its money well spent

^ well the reason the swap costs so much isnt because the engine is wayy expensive you can find them for around 4K ish ( yeah its is pricey) but also to run the 20B without its original automatic transmission (whose control unit was wired to work together with the ECU) you have to run a standalone EMS, so now you have to make a Whole new harness to run that plus dyno tuning to get it to run right plus all the little junk.

all of that is $$$

that car=waste of money
20B=waste of money (for the average person)
SR20 in FC=money well spent......aslong as you don't go to the same shop that did that car

The piping on that car is horrendous, the car looks cheap, just nasty.

For all the 20B fanboys:
If you put the money you would spend on a straight stock 20B swap into a 13B swap you would have so much more power or extra goodies on a FC than the 20B, for example: stock 20B swap or TII motor, suspension maybe some bigger injectors, turbo, etc. or just knowing that you don't need to save up and spend so much god damn money that you don't need to......I guess weight could be a factor to add to but its not that much heavier than the 2 rotor to really matter

I would LOVE to see a magazine or site do a side by side comparison of what you can do with 2 FC shells with 20B and TII with price differences, power that can be made with the extra money, etc etc

^ well the reason the swap costs so much isnt because the engine is wayy expensive you can find them for around 4K ish ( yeah its is pricey) but also to run the 20B without its original automatic transmission (whose control unit was wired to work together with the ECU) you have to run a standalone EMS, so now you have to make a Whole new harness to run that plus dyno tuning to get it to run right plus all the little junk.

all of that is $$$

I've seen the motors for $2,500-3,500 so yeah thats really not the big chunk of change, there's also mounts (which if you go from N/A to TII you don't need), front mount set up (TII motor come with top mount and if not the top mount is like $50+- and you can get a TII hood for about $150-200+ which is still cheaper than a new front mount set up), and labor for wiring, swap, dyno tuning, etc....

sorry to rant I just don't see the purpose of a 20B unless you have gobs of money to make it worth it.

Last edited:
that car=waste of money
20B=waste of money (for the average person)
SR20 in FC=money well spent......aslong as you don't go to the same shop that did that car

The piping on that car is horrendous, the car looks cheap, just nasty.

For all the 20B fanboys:
If you put the money you would spend on a straight stock 20B swap into a 13B swap you would have so much more power or extra goodies on a FC than the 20B, for example: stock 20B swap or TII motor, suspension maybe some bigger injectors, turbo, etc. or just knowing that you don't need to save up and spend so much god damn money that you don't need to......I guess weight could be a factor to add to but its not that much heavier than the 2 rotor to really matter

I would LOVE to see a magazine or site do a side by side comparison of what you can do with 2 FC shells with 20B and TII with price differences, power that can be made with the extra money, etc etc

I've seen the motors for $2,500-3,500 so yeah thats really not the big chunk of change, there's also mounts (which if you go from N/A to TII you don't need), front mount set up (TII motor come with top mount and if not the top mount is like $50+- and you can get a TII hood for about $150-200+ which is still cheaper than a new front mount set up), and labor for wiring, swap, dyno tuning, etc....

sorry to rant I just don't see the purpose of a 20B unless you have gobs of money to make it worth it.

^^the truth!!! well either way if you got cash and your bored...20b ftw lol. not alot of ppl can say they have that but if you wanna up ur status in the rotary game go R26B :laugh::laugh::laugh: that will break some necks

Too big, to heavy, too expensive, too pointless. 20b is for rotary purists who don't care about $$$ invested.

Back
Top Bottom