spring cut??

i<3my240

My car is a 95 240sx...base model. and i was wondering how shity of an idea it would be to cut the springs till i can save up money for some decent coilovers.

Im afraid i might end up really f*****g up the car.

i just kow a couple people who have it done on there cars one of whicj is an s13 and it looks nice. and suposidly there is a right way to do it where its not as bad... but i thnk ill just wait.

so i was thinking about the megan lowering springs but im not sure how good they are or if the 1.75 in. will be enough with a 15x8 wheel

Ill sell you some nice KYB AGXs and Eibach Sport Line Springs. They drop the car very nicely and give damping adjustabilty. Very nice ride on medium. uBer STIFF ON HARD. PM Me if you are interested.

Actually there's really nothing wrong with cutting your springs if you know what you're doing. You get an icrease in spring rate and a drop in ride height. Usually people that do this have blown shocks though which just makes the problem worse. Your car will look like and handle like crap.

sounds a bit ghetto but if you hit those springs up with a torch gun and do it right, it should be fine ... hehe :)

never done it myself but i've heard of people doing it

Angle grinder and water works pretty good. Try to keep as much heat away from the spring as you can if you do it. and cut the coils in increments of one coil.

I've done it for the rear springs of the S12 I have real lowering springs for the front but the rear I cut.
It rides on rails, now to get the powersteering fixed

Never EVER cut or use a torch gun to lower you car!!!!!! You are better off buying some $40 spring off of Ebay because you'll most likely brake something on the car that cost more then those Ebay springs.
(*!IT SOUNDS GHETTO FOR A GOOD REASON!*)

FindJDM_s14 said:
Never EVER cut or use a torch gun to lower you car!!!!!! You are better off buying some $40 spring off of Ebay because you'll most likely brake something on the car that cost more then those Ebay springs.

i do agree, but one of my buddy's g/f brother did that to his car and honestly the ride feels nice for knowing what was done to the car, honestly its very risky, when i was told that was done to the ride i told the kid you are literally FUCKING Crazy for letting that be done to the car ...

FindJDM_s14 said:
nevr cut or torch yur springs if dunt kno what yur doing.... ive heatd n cut many springs doing many combos...many people on this forum remember this car i had
Picture024.jpg
it had a cut n heat combo but slid sideways on open difff nutz :bigthumbu but on the other hand i run cusco's now cause i can afford them :D

Barney_240 said:
sounds a bit ghetto but if you hit those springs up with a torch gun and do it right, it should be fine ... hehe :)

never done it myself but i've heard of people doing it

noooo...i had a guy to that to my friends ride...car looked like it was on hydro's after 2 days...one side higher then the other...just wait and save up for good springs...worth it

Back
Top Bottom