some help sliding with ebrake

Honestly, yeah.

As dumb as it sounds, I watch the drift bible, then went out and practiced. I just got the basic understanding and went out and tried it. People have like given me tips along the way, and I try em. I don't car who tells me or how crazy it is, if I feel like it might work, I'll try it.

Yeah just watch in car video. Preferably of something that is similar track-wise to whatever you're going to drive next, so you can try and relate. Then go try it. Also, watch the people at events that are killing it, see what they're doing to get around the track.

Then when you can do it every time, add some style.

practice 180*s.(crawl before walking theory)

idk, those gave me the best feeling for ebraking, as far as how long to hold it and how much the car would spin and how quickly depending on speed and whatnot. then i did what box said about keeping rpm's up and dump clutch for using it as entry.

Timing has a lot to do with it. with drifting you always have to be concerned with what the car is about to do, not what it is doing. Hard to explain.

Now I don't have to worry about revs while ebraking, but I still rev it up cause it just sounds funny to not be makin any sweet revvin sounds.

Well like everyone else says its a hard subject to explain. but if u watch forseburg movies he does exactly what i discribe maybe us central florida boys drift different then u down south guys.. alot of it also goes into the turn and speed u can carry.. but i forgot here everyones a pro so your right

who are you....???

as in rebuttal i have to say anyone with a silver name, or spectator status cannot be taken seriously in this thread.... bearcat is leading the xdc, boxmod has driven d1, who else that we should shutup and listen to... you mouth off a lot for being a nobody, just let it ride man... later on boxmod clarified your post, and what you were saying now makes sense but please stop getting sandy when nobody can understand your fail ass attempt at english around here... please type with intelligence or be ready to take the heat...

*Bearcat is 2nd in the SWD series... Streetwise drift. XDc is different. He is doing some work and puttin on a clinic. but the point that he knows what he is doing in a car is what is true!

lots of good advice here. thanks guys

ive been sliding for a bit but i always like to try new things, ive been meanign to try e braking on entry. but mine is loose or something so its not grabbing.

lots of good advice here. thanks guys

ive been sliding for a bit but i always like to try new things, ive been meanign to try e braking on entry. but mine is loose or something so its not grabbing.

tighten it.

*Bearcat is 2nd in the SWD series... Streetwise drift. XDc is different. He is doing some work and puttin on a clinic. but the point that he knows what he is doing in a car is what is true!

I fucking wish I was ist in XDC points.....straight rakin in the cash

Last edited:
also, ride with people who know what they are doing and watch them drive. its also very helpful.

...or, even if they suck, watch what they do so you know what NOT to do.. .hahah :)

yeah my bad, lol, got a little heated....

i hate id10ts if you know what i mean, and im still waiting on a reply from this guy!

also, ride with people who know what they are doing and watch them drive. its also very helpful.

...or, even if they suck, watch what they do so you know what NOT to do.. .hahah :)

wow nice sig!!!!!

Last edited:
yeah thanks box mod and others i just need to drive out more but this helped me with a little more understanding of what should be going on. Im in a ka so revving it up and then releasing probably could of helped with any bogging or understeering going on.

Is it better to initiate a high-speed entry with a clutch-kick or e-brake? Or is it just a matter of preference? Well let me clarify what I would consider a high-speed entry, perhaps around 70-80mph.

Is it better to initiate a high-speed entry with a clutch-kick or e-brake? Or is it just a matter of preference? Well let me clarify what I would consider a high-speed entry, perhaps around 70-80mph.

i think it pretty much depends on the turn, when its a sharper turn say about a 90 degree turn i like using the e-brake more, like at countyline. but ive seen ppl that feel more comfortable clutch kicking

So for a longer sweeping turn it would be simpler to initiate with a clutch kick whereas a sharp turn you can adjust your angle of entry by holding on to the e-brake for a bit longer... At least that's what I am trying to imagine in my head.

You can clutchkick and immediately start grabbing ebrake too. I like doing that unless it's a fast enough of an entry where clutchkicks don't work very good, like 4th gear.

You can clutchkick and immediately start grabbing ebrake too. I like doing that unless it's a fast enough of an entry where clutchkicks don't work very good, like 4th gear.

Would this be useful if you clutchkick and don't get enough angle or is there another reason? So for something like a 4th gear entry its better to initiate with e-brake?

Its like Pat, Jason and everyone else said just practice, and remember to keep the rmps up there and wait for the weight shift.
Just watch in cockpit videos and see how everyone reacts to the different situations, and use one of them at the track.

I remember the first time i got the hand of it at OSW, i needed to extend around the center section of the X and keep up on the RPMs and was able to get the single cam around with no problems after that.
Then when they open CFRC and they had the first layout i remember there practicing the ebrake entry, just went in really fast got it where wanted and full throttle from there.
just practice Nelson you will get it

Back
Top Bottom