So i got a ticket tonight!!!

yea i got pulled over in my bank parkin lot leaving the atm machine. first gear at a stop sign im pulled over for what????

aftermarket exhaust!

so i park and turn the car off, grab my license,registration and insurance and have it ready before the cop even gets to my window. she says theres some new "zero tolerance law" in the city of coral springs. now i dont live in this city and i never got a warning in the mail or email or anything tellin me that this is in effect. so the "backup" arrives and the guy starts askin me what modifications i have to the engine lol i tell him nothing its bone stock(which it is) they see the floor jack behind my seat and ask if im a mechanic. i tell them "no, i attend legal track races and i use it to change tires" duh so then he proceeds to ask me to pop the hood. i open the hood and then the first cop brings over a couple printed out pages of engine bays which i notice there all hondas lol and they start checkin the vin number on my engine lol the retard cop asked me if i have to change fenders often due to changing paint from runnin on an oval track ! i told him no man i dont race against other cars... he points at my intake filter and says" whoa! that thing suck in alot of air? i told him i dont know! so they give me the ticket and tell me to pay it or contest it within a month blah blah blah !

what do you guys think i should do.....pay the ticket and change the exhaust or take this shit to court due to the fact she didnt check the exhaust with a decible meter(sp) plus car manufactuars sell aftermarket exhaust from the dealerships...

what should i do?!

Last edited:
DownSouthS13 said:
yea i got pulled over in my bank parkin lot leaving the atm machine. first gear at a stop sign im pulled over for what????

aftermarket exhaust!

so i park and turn the car off, grab my license,registration and insurance and have it ready before the cop even gets to my window. she says theres some new "zero tolerance law" in the city of coral springs. now i dont live in this city and i never got a warning in the mail or email or anything tellin me that this is in effect. so the "backup" arrives and the guy starts askin me what modifications i have to the engine lol i tell him nothing its bone stock(which it is) they see the floor jack behind my seat and ask if im a mechanic. i tell them "no, i attend legal track races and i use it to change tires" duh so then he proceeds to ask me to pop the hood. i open the hood and then the first cop brings over a couple printed out pages of engine bays which i notice there all hondas lol and they start checkin the vin number on my engine lol the retard cop asked me if i have to change fenders often due to changing paint from runnin on an oval track ! i told him no man i dont race against other cars... he points at my intake filter and says" whoa! that thing suck in alot of air? i told him i dont know! so they give me the ticket and tell me to pay it or contest it within a month blah blah blah !

what do you guys think i should do.....pay the ticket and change the exhaust or take this shit to court due to the fact she didnt check the exhaust with a decible meter(sp) plus car manufactuars sell aftermarket exhaust from the dealerships...

what should i do?!

pay the ticket and consider it a permit.

lol at those cops, they checked to see if your Nissan had a stolen Honda engine swapped lmao, I don't know about the ticket though man, good luck.

Holy f**king retarded cops.

sad thing is cops can write tickets for flaws on cars even if ur not from there.. like a Ga. cop can give someone from Fl a tix for tints. its gieh.

they were just looking for a reason to fuck with someone. i would contest that in court. if you dont live in coral springs, and were unaware of the "law" against tht there, they shouldn't be ticketing you for it.

DownSouthS13 said:
tell me more about this permit please......

its sarcasm man. :)

its how you fuck with the cops while they're fucking with you.

Tickets are what 70 bucks for modified exhaust???

so if you get 3 of them a year thats $210.

$210 dollars for having a modified exhaust 365 days of the year = a permit in my mind!!! and the cops usually laugh and just leave me alone.

say it was an air filter to clean the air and reduce air pollution, once something political comes up you've got em numbered, haha. seriously though these pigs are becoming a menace 2 society. first california now this. did they pull you over because the exhaust was too loud? or what. if they did i dont think that gave them any warrant to check under your hood. whether you had a swap or not. but be careful because they might play the "reasonable doubt card." apparently these cops didn't know what they were doing, so find someone that has some legal history that can consult you for free and pick their brains about stuff like this. once you're inciteful about what the police can and cannot do they basically back down. it would be in your best interest to get a lot of information before you spend a dime on this matter. lmk how it goes

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10200&highlight=illegal+exhaust

and there is a thread on southfloridaracing.com like 10 pages long about this kinda stuff

supposedly cops in CS are pulling people over at random at night

decibel level doesnt matter there is a statute that states"any altering of the factory exhaust system is illegal" so you can have a 20 decibel exhaust but if its modified its illegal.

try and take it to one of those ticket places......It sucks cause i live here and have a hi-power havent gotten stopped yet.....but my dad did on the turnpike but he didnt give him a ticket....just a warning

modified exhaust is a fake ticket. fight it, you will win 100% of the time if they didnt use decibal reader.

the statute is noise abatement.

Choku_Dorian said:
modified exhaust is a fake ticket. fight it, you will win 100% of the time if they didnt use decibal reader.

the statute is noise abatement.

acutally there is a statute of modifing exhaust not only noise abatement....basically any exhaust system is illegal ..ill try and find it i know i saw it

I was on the turnpike one time heading n/b approaching sunrise bvld. Go by a fhp on the side of the road who was writing a ticket to someone. As I drive by I notice the cop look over at me and then "RUN" back to his car. I'm thinking whatthe hell was that all about, I'm not speeding? About 30 secs later thyis asshole comes swerving throgh traffic to about 2" off my bumper with his lights on. So I'm thinking what they hell could he be after me for as I pull over.
Cop gets out of his car (z28 fhp trooper) and the prick has on a pair of leather gloves and Dale Ernhardt signature sunglasses. Right there I knew I was *ucked. This dude pulled me over for my exh and proceeded to tell me about how he was going to write me a ticket for evrything modded on my car. Keep in mind this is in a white WRX "wagon" That is 100% stock externally except for rims and being lowered.
I sat there and listed to his shit for 20 minutes about him talking about ricers and how "since fast and the furious came out everyone is putting FART CANS on their imports". Keep in mind I had a Bitz Nur Spec which is loud but is by no means a "FART CAN". I just laughed inside as he wrote me up and I got a cop friend to sign off on teh ticket saying my car was now stock and I only had to pay like $5 iirc. Sucks man but when the man wants to mess with you they will do as they please.

screaming6 said:
acutally there is a statute of modifing exhaust not only noise abatement....basically any exhaust system is illegal ..ill try and find it i know i saw it

i have searched for hours and never found anything but this:

(5) NOISE ABATEMENT EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS.--

(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

my freind has gotten 2 tickets from DOT, fought them and won both times, the last time the judge said "i just looked through the books and there is no such law".

not saying i am right, but thats what i know thus far.

Back
Top Bottom