So how many of you actually use the e-brake when you slide?

my head hurts tryin to put this all in order...i need a ride along with someone at the next countyline
Trying to put all of what together? The e-braking or entries? The clutch kicking?

Best way to learn is actually doing it....I wish I had an e-brake to extend but my caliper was locking up and the rotor was on pretty much on fire so I had to disconnect my right e-brake cable.

keep in mind i have about 235hp but...

yes clutch kicking is harmful. but if you put a clutch in (my Exedy Hypersingle has done about 60 events+) that can handle it for your power its not gonna destroy it.

transmissions might break but they arent too bad to replace/find. broken one 3rd gear off, on 2nd tranny now.

driveshaft... meh, i have a 1piece aluminum from DriveShaftShop I believe (bought 2nd hand)

diff... welded is fine and really fun IMO, but KAAZ is what I have, still no issues and installed same time as my clutch

but if you are concerned of breaking you car, dont drift.... there is no 'nice' way to do a burnout around a track at crusing/racing speeds.

Come to desoto events and ASK ME for help. I help people when they ask, I sometimes approach people that seem to be having trouble too. I'm always at an event to hang/drive/instruct.

Last edited:
well i dont have a car yet but i was really hoping to get an rx7. but for now thx for the help and i will keep it in mind.:bigthumbu

Trying to put all of what together? The e-braking or entries? The clutch kicking?

Best way to learn is actually doing it....I wish I had an e-brake to extend but my caliper was locking up and the rotor was on pretty much on fire so I had to disconnect my right e-brake cable.

everything really. I've been watching videos from countyline and moroso etc. and I've been reading this. basically comparing me to everyone else and how to get the results I want. my technique seems a lil solid but still much MUCH room for improvement and also I think my car is not set up properly yet.

its pretty simple.... just cause you did some power over half slide doesnt make it a drift... get used to weight transfer, feel it, control it... master the 90* turn with the ebrake, then master the 180* turn with the ebrake. most of the people at countyline cant even make the u turn around the cone.... Drifting is like everything else in life, you must crawl before you walk... concentrate on the racing line and where you want to point the nose of the car.... transfer the weight before you clutch kick, Dont turn hard into the corner(you are not a D1 driver)... hence why many of you spin out on initiation, just a minimal flick of the steering wheel, and a well timed clutch kick will get you sideways. Remember to clutch in when you ebrake and remember to shift the weight when ebraking(on initiation) ... Letting off the gas will make the car straighten up, if you feel understeer ebrake or clutch kick (lol), watching videos will help, but not entirely, make it to an event.. let others who have been there and done that help you out.. drifting is not about who has the biggest EGO... if you ask polite many of those who know what they are doing will help you out..Dont listen to spectators, there is a big chance half of them dont even drive stick shift .. Also the laws of physics apply to everything in this world...

i can pick it up better if i were in the the passenger seat, so i will be at the next event. dont be a fruit, gimme a ride lol. i would as miami_drifter but..well you know since he doesn't drift, i wont learn much :laugh: j/k frank

Just get off the internet and drive. You'll know when you should have pulled the ebrake and you'll learn.

holy crap this threads still alive? i tryed the ebrake a couple times the day before my clutch went, and suprisingly it actually works good! Next countyline should be interesting since ill have spare wheels, a vlsd, and ill be trying the ebrake for once

october 5th will just put me more in debt if i try to make that one... anyone know when the next one usually is? im guesing there every other month?

Back
Top Bottom