"Sliding into 2011" The Next CFRC Drifting Event

the whole beginner get better idea is legit the way it is. you have more time per session, but still less runs due to more spins/single runs. if we ran it 'same # of runs' the adv guys would be out for 10 min and beginners for 60. thats not fair either. there is not a single person in advanced/tandem that hasnt put in their fair time learning. some people that were given a shot friday have also been pulled back down. there are plenty of practice events and has been since 2005 that allowed for people to learn. those of us that have already put in a few years and $20,000 ++ into the sport are ready for some tandem class finally.

there is ALWAYS the possbility for you to privately rent the facility with a few others and have a bajillion runs. would be cost effective too with 5-10 people. why not do that ?

Because im a poor drifter kid that spent 3 years drifitng in empty parking lots before finaly gettign a job and being able to drift events. lol.

I would Never ever doubt that the people in the advanced class put in there time and money. 50 bucks an event is pretty dear when your also spending around that in gas to get down there in the first place. 100 bucks every event plus repairs and upgrades.

I think me showing up late and missing the drivers meeting didnt help anything. There was a fella there telling me "I will have to see you drift first to decide what class i will put you in" and he told me that a good 4 or 5 times 3 of those times i was next in line to run.. i would get back and he didnt see a thing so he would just line me up in the B class. witch is fine. i dont really care what class im in as long as i get my seat time.

I just didnt like being sent back to the pits like i was doing donuts for 10 minutes if he never saw me once. watching people at half my skill level getting 4 or 5 runs after me. BUT! before people shove into this and tell me i got plenty of runs and blah blah, i was angry while i was still all amped and ready to rumble. when i got back to the pits and chilled out for a little bit i was more than happy with the amount of runs i got. I just hate ending on a bad run. lol. getting 7-8 runs, 3 of them being pretty good runs, is never god enough for me. I like hopping back in my car and going home knowing i went out on a bang. :D

the three people i rode with got their shot together and were linking the track pretty decently by the end of the night.

I also don't pay attention when i type. I meant a gets 30 minutes and everyone else gets 45.

I also meant b and c need to get their shit together.

No one is going to think you're a nerd because you're taking advice from anyone. If you're not doing that great and don't ask for advice or actualy listen to the advice given, you look like more of nerd than ever. If you want help, ask. If you feel like a nerd for asking, who the fuck cares. If someone comes and ask me for advice i'm not gonna make fun of you cause you can't do something. I like almost quit drifting cause i sucked so bad when i started. It makes me feel like a cool guy to give someone advice and then watch them go out and make it work.

this is how it should be. gentleman top hat to you sir

Because im a poor drifter kid that spent 3 years drifitng in empty parking lots before finaly gettign a job and being able to drift events. lol.

I would Never ever doubt that the people in the advanced class put in there time and money. 50 bucks an event is pretty dear when your also spending around that in gas to get down there in the first place. 100 bucks every event plus repairs and upgrades.

I think me showing up late and missing the drivers meeting didnt help anything. There was a fella there telling me "I will have to see you drift first to decide what class i will put you in" and he told me that a good 4 or 5 times 3 of those times i was next in line to run.. i would get back and he didnt see a thing so he would just line me up in the B class. witch is fine. i dont really care what class im in as long as i get my seat time.

I just didnt like being sent back to the pits like i was doing donuts for 10 minutes if he never saw me once. watching people at half my skill level getting 4 or 5 runs after me. BUT! before people shove into this and tell me i got plenty of runs and blah blah, i was angry while i was still all amped and ready to rumble. when i got back to the pits and chilled out for a little bit i was more than happy with the amount of runs i got. I just hate ending on a bad run. lol. getting 7-8 runs, 3 of them being pretty good runs, is never god enough for me. I like hopping back in my car and going home knowing i went out on a bang. :D

well lol, dont be late, but i feel ya on the rest.

we (rob, me, steve-o, and some of the other event veterans) are trying to improve the quality of event everytime. We are getting more people in place so its not 2-3 people doing everything. CFRC hasn't had to deal with this many drivers at once and its partially them getting better at runnin the event and the overall flow.

Hopefully this saturday is better. We are trying to balance the groups better and hope to break it down into more than just 3. so there is more like 10-12 in a group and you get 25 min or so, rather than 20 in a group for 45 min. Last time the crash early on should've made the first group miss nearly the whole session but we extended the time. This will NOT usually happen, but considering the major time it took to clean up- we felt it was only fair.

If you have an issue find me, steve-o, or Rob- we have the best chance at trying to get the right thing or person's attention to correct something right away if possible.

This has probably been addressed already, but shouldnt tandems be with the guys staying right on each other instead of miles apart? i think a lot of drivers are more cautious trying to stay right on someone since if they spin out theres 4 or 5 cars behind them?

as "cool" as 8+ cars sliding a hundred feet apart is, its more exciting and better practice for groups of two or three drivers to stay on each others doors pushing as hard as they can IMO. guys like fello, sean, dan, jeremy, etc are getting great at single runs, but cant get great practice staying right with one person if the runs were handled better ya know?

this isnt fd or one of the pro leagues. there isnt a race weekend with practice sessions, qualifiers, and main event. so you dont get a ton of runs, its hella cheaper than anywhere else trackwise and the format cfrc has is great, but if the drivers wanna get better at tandems, the crazy trains should wait till the end ya know?

just my opinion as a photographer and trying to speak for a few buds i know...

Well regardless i think Steve-O, jason and all the others i forgot to mention are doing a great job and i look forward to every event, sitting in my room checking off days like christmas is coming and i love seeing people like sean and dan, people i can get advice from and learn from watching. All in all its a great time and i dont think its ever going to get old for me personally.

I think the drifting community is the best, most close knit culture in america. correct me if im wrong. What other motor sport can you go see where people go out there, suck up a storm and people still clap and cheer for them, acknowledging the fact that they came out there, paid their money and gave it their heart.

Viva la Drift!

yeah, steveo, can I like help run the starting line next even for tandem. The whole 8 cars going at once and the people in front having no idea people are behind them really fucking sucks. It needs to be two or three cars max and the bros need to like practice on getting close or something. Thats what I try to do every run. I know I can do the course pretty well 9 times outta ten, so I dont need practice with that. I need practice trying to get hood following someone.

yeah, steveo, can I like help run the starting line next even for tandem. The whole 8 cars going at once and the people in front having no idea people are behind them really fucking sucks. It needs to be two or three cars max and the bros need to like practice on getting close or something. Thats what I try to do every run. I know I can do the course pretty well 9 times outta ten, so I dont need practice with that. I need practice trying to get hood following someone.

why are u online and not in the garage?

why are u online and not in the garage?

car is still sitting at the kids house getting the cage and wont be done till like thursday. Then I would have to paint the bay, run a completely new custom chassis harness, paint the interior, put the motor in, get a new exhaust made, get windshield and rear window in, and take every stock piece from under the car and replace it with my aftermarket shit.

yeah, not enough time.

replacing shit under the car is easy. motorswap is easy. paint is for other states, this is FL. and fuck glass...u dont need a winshield, thats what the glass on ur helmet is for.
=)
Plenty of time lol

We have someone else for the start line for Saturday, a possible new employee, so things will get better and stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

replacing shit under the car is easy. motorswap is easy. paint is for other states, this is FL. and fuck glass...u dont need a winshield, thats what the glass on ur helmet is for.
=)
Plenty of time lol

Was it your car with that cracked windshield that BG asked me about?

We have someone else for the start line for Saturday, a possible new employee, so things will get better and stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Was it your car with that cracked windshield that BG asked me about?

Well excuse me sir

:applause:

Yeah the starting line guys don't know anything about drifting and just have a boner for a million cars on the track at once. I got kinda pissed last time when I spun following Dan and found out 2 other cars were behind me. I had no idea they were there until I was backwards. That shit happened a bunch at the first one, so I've been making it a point to tell them not to let other people follow. The one time I forget, or figured they'd gotten the hint by now, they send multiple cars behind us.

/rant.

Yeah the starting line guys don't know anything about drifting and just have a boner for a million cars on the track at once. I got kinda pissed last time when I spun following Dan and found out 2 other cars were behind me. I had no idea they were there until I was backwards. That shit happened a bunch at the first one, so I've been making it a point to tell them not to let other people follow. The one time I forget, or figured they'd gotten the hint by now, they send multiple cars behind us.

/rant.

Yea, me and pat will try to help with that. We were asking and ordering people before sending a buttload.

Straight up need some people to clean up their driving or you will be out of tandem.

Back
Top Bottom