"Sliding into 2011" The Next CFRC Drifting Event

Had a blast. i felt like i got cut short at the end there. my last two runs were horrible. my front tires didnt even get a chance to warm up so i understeered all over the show. and i saw people that got like 4 or 5 last runs compared to my two :(

i must admit i bitched a little bit but all in all i had a great time. the day events will be much better. it just seems the night events are very hard pressed for time and the drifting gets cut short :(

:driving:

Had a blast. i felt like i got cut short at the end there. my last two runs were horrible. my front tires didnt even get a chance to warm up so i understeered all over the show. and i saw people that got like 4 or 5 last runs compared to my two :(

i must admit i bitched a little bit but all in all i had a great time. the day events will be much better. it just seems the night events are very hard pressed for time and the drifting gets cut short :(

:driving:

you were at the drivers meeting?

I left early cuz my girl

"A girl without interest in drifting is no girl I want to put my dick inside."

Great time last night, hope you guys had a fun, the next event will be the 22nd and details will come shortly so stay tuned!

Ooo she likes drifting lol but I didn't want to be locked out ;) drifting excites her if you no what I mean

^they said not to bitch about how many runs you get. They said to just get good enough to drive in the tandem group and then you will get more run time...

which in a sense is false logic because if the beginners had more runs they would improve more. By giving them less runs and telling them just to get better so they can get more runs, they don't get the practice to actually be able to move up. Just my 2 cents.

I still don't like the idea of these Friday night events. I'm glad there are still some day events cuz its hard to make the drive down from Gainesville and then drift till midnight. I think the night events are going to end up being mostly Orlando locals after the "awesome cfrc night event" novelty wears off. I still think that Day events in winter are the best idea.

Now another awesome idea would be to have Saturday night events when it starts heating up. That way those who work and have school dont have to drive there right after and be late and all that jazz.

i can understand the sound curfew and stuff, thats all well and good i just felt if im going to drive two hours to get there so i can be a part of it. i should get treated fairly thats all. i was the only "I" driver that got only 2 runs on the second heat. i also u8nderstand the line had gotten retarded long for "B"and "I" and the reason for that was when "B" went up to the plate...... "I" drivers went with them so they could have more seat time and visa versa Also some of the people that were on the drag strip (You know who im talking about. the retards that were blowing through the pits doing 40) decided they wanted to try their hands at drifting half way through the night. Thus making the "B" and "I" lines longer and giving people like me no seat time. Come tax returns im getting a cage. No doubt about it.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

i also noticed no one was taking any pictures or video. did they say something about that in the drivers meeting too?

i can understand the sound curfew and stuff, thats all well and good i just felt if im going to drive two hours to get there so i can be a part of it. i should get treated fairly thats all. i was the only "I" driver that got only 2 runs on the second heat. i also u8nderstand the line had gotten retarded long for "B"and "I" and the reason for that was when "B" went up to the plate...... "I" drivers went with them so they could have more seat time and visa versa Also some of the people that were on the drag strip (You know who im talking about. the retards that were blowing through the pits doing 40) decided they wanted to try their hands at drifting half way through the night. Thus making the "B" and "I" lines longer and giving people like me no seat time. Come tax returns im getting a cage. No doubt about it.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

i also noticed no one was taking any pictures or video. did they say something about that in the drivers meeting too?

Thanks for your input, it's what we thrive on and how we can make things better.

Beginners got some extra time on their first heat because we were working on getting a car off the track that went into the wall, and being that the B class was smaller I adjusted their time to make up for it to get back on schedule.

And this is the second time I've heard that there was some drifting around the end of the drag strip, if I hear that someone is drifting down there on the next Friday night event, there will be no warning, you'll just be removed from the event without a refund.

there were a few photographers taking pictures, but the lighting isn't that great. you can tell in my pictures from black friday. high iso's, grainy pictures.

I have a really nice lens on order so I'll be out more at night events, and I know we'll be covering the 22nd day event for sure.

^they said not to bitch about how many runs you get. They said to just get good enough to drive in the tandem group and then you will get more run time...

which in a sense is false logic because if the beginners had more runs they would improve more. By giving them less runs and telling them just to get better so they can get more runs, they don't get the practice to actually be able to move up. Just my 2 cents.

I still don't like the idea of these Friday night events. I'm glad there are still some day events cuz its hard to make the drive down from Gainesville and then drift till midnight. I think the night events are going to end up being mostly Orlando locals after the "awesome cfrc night event" novelty wears off. I still think that Day events in winter are the best idea.

Now another awesome idea would be to have Saturday night events when it starts heating up. That way those who work and have school dont have to drive there right after and be late and all that jazz.

no, its not. A group drivers only have 30 minutes of driving. everyone else has 30. We have out shit together and have a good head on out shoulders and know what to do. If you spin, your runs over, you've ruined the flow, so just get off. dont spin around and do donuts and keep doing dumb stuff, come off the track. There are too many drivers in A and B. There needs to be a cap of like 30 un caged drivers.
If there are like 40 caged drivers, we could make it work, cause we know what to do.

I was down on grid offering help to people, and they would just say they got it, and go out and spin out. I would also give advice on how to not spin or do something right, and most wouldnt listen, they would just keep doing their own thing.
Thats great, hope you're having fun, but you are also limiting your own time. A normal run at CFRC should take like 30 seconds max from the time you leave the line to the time you cross back across it.

You guys need to get your shit together in A and B. Im not talking about your driving, im talking about your common sense level.

Listen to Pat guys, both him and Jason were at grid offering help.

Some of you missed an opportunity to get advice from someone knows there stuff and has the ability to teach others.

The three people I rode with got their shot together and were linking the track pretty decently by the end of the night.

I also don't pay attention when I type. I meant a gets 30 minutes and everyone else gets 45.

I also meant b and c need to get their shit together.

No one is going to think you're a nerd because you're taking advice from anyone. If you're not doing that great and don't ask for advice or actualy listen to the advice given, you look like more of nerd than ever. If you want help, ask. If you feel like a nerd for asking, who the fuck cares. If someone comes and ask me for advice I'm not gonna make fun of you cause you can't do something. I like almost quit drifting cause I sucked so bad when I started. It makes me feel like a cool guy to give someone advice and then watch them go out and make it work.

The three people I rode with got their shot together and were linking the track pretty decently by the end of the night.

I also don't pay attention when I type. I meant a gets 30 minutes and everyone else gets 45.

I also meant b and c need to get their shit together.

No one is going to think you're a nerd because you're taking advice from anyone. If you're not doing that great and don't ask for advice or actualy listen to the advice given, you look like more of nerd than ever. If you want help, ask. If you feel like a nerd for asking, who the fuck cares. If someone comes and ask me for advice I'm not gonna make fun of you cause you can't do something. I like almost quit drifting cause I sucked so bad when I started. It makes me feel like a cool guy to give someone advice and then watch them go out and make it work.

Driver's should appreciate another driver (who could be your competitor at an event) taking his time to offer assistance. Mike Pollard from MN was giving me pointers during a MWC, and his advice allowed me to progress to a level where I competed with him later in the day.

Don't think your hot shit! if u fuck up, take the advice, it will help everyone... I have even witnessed some of the better drivers in FL taking advice from other good drivers.
Can't wait for the 22nd.

Just because you have a cage does not make you pro. any jackoff can go buy a caged car and line up for an event.

Yeah when I spin out or fly off track through a wall of plastic barricades, I usually will just cruise off track. Runs over, whatever. Then I watch the other groups and see dudes doing camaro donuts for 5min. You don't need to pay someone $40 to do camaro donuts. You can do those wherever you want. I'm pretty sure it's even legal if you have a v8.

You don't need to pay someone $40 to do camaro donuts. You can do those wherever you want. I'm pretty sure it's even legal if you have a v8.

definitely legal. but only if Def Leppard is playing.

Just because you have a cage does not make you pro. any jackoff can go buy a caged car and line up for an event.

We noted that at the drivers meeting, for example Mustang Mike's step son was driving the event, the car had a cage and did tandem at Black Friday, but he was put into the beginner class because of his skill.

Back
Top Bottom