Scion FR-S /Subaru BRZ

Subaru BRZ concept headed for Los Angeles as new details leak out:

10-subaru-boxer-architecture-geneva-2011.jpg

Spy shots and see-through body treatments are all we have to go on when it comes to the upcoming Subaru BRZ. We've had enough of that, however, and it seems Subaru is finally ready to show us a bit more of what's in store for the future sports coupe. The automaker will unveil a concept version of the BRZ at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, and it will be wearing real sheetmetal this time.

The BRZ will make its official debut later on at the Tokyo Motor Show, where it will join its FT-86/FRS siblings. All three versions of the car will wear similar body panels with the exception of the face. Subaru will apply its own mug, while the Toyota and Scion versions will be identical minus the badging.

Subaru will be responsible for production of all three versions, and the sporty coupe will be built at the Japanese automaker's Gunma, Japan facility. There the cars will be fitted with 2.0-liter boxer motors, and paired with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual gearbox.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/21/subaru-brz-concept-headed-for-los-angeles-as-new-details-leak-ou/

Subaru will be responsible for production of all three versions, and the sporty coupe will be built at the Japanese automaker's Gunma, Japan facility. There the cars will be fitted with 2.0-liter boxer motors, and paired with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual gearbox.
tumblr_loz77tJ5d91qegndy

ohshit.jpg

i have mixed feelings about but it looks good for the most part. only thing thats sucks is knowing that there's a 4 cylinder boxer motor under that. its so knarly looking that it looks like a minimum of a 6 cylinder should belong

I always HATE HATE HATE concept cars. They look so dumb and goofy. Hopefully this will get toned down a bit more and then it will be rad.

After the reading the specs, I'm actually very excited for this car. It's gonna be good looking and fun to drive. Sure, it's down on power, but so is the Corolla GT-S, and that is loads of fun to drive.

Back
Top Bottom