rims

BY FAR, this is the wheel I would put on EVERY damn car I own.
The BBS LM's
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp
Next would be the Work VS-XX's or the rezax 2's.
http://www.worksuperwheels.com/wheels/vs_xx.html
Then the Speed Star Racing Professor SP1's
http://www.gruppe-s.com/SSR/SSRProfessor.htm
These wheels are starting to grow on me, Enkei RPF1, there not as expensive as the others and there super light weight.
RPF1Bchrome.jpg

Sportmax wheels bend easily... it's a fact I don't know what your problem with that statement was?.. if you hit a pothole even at a moderate speed the sportmax wheels will bend.. I know people who have had it happen.

Kenrik said:
Sportmax wheels bend easily... it's a fact I don't know what your problem with that statement was?.. if you hit a pothole even at a moderate speed the sportmax wheels will bend.. I know people who have had it happen.

So what? This is true for most aftermarket wheels running low profile tires. Deal or die man. I've replaced 3 FN01RC's alone on this car. I've had my fair share of aftermarket "racing wheels" on other cars too...they almost all bend easier than OEM. I think what made people laugh was your "Im a hard driver" statement...makes you sound like a fan boi. Everyone knows you go to events and actually drift, you don't need to proclaim it in your posts.

Why is Kenrik in this forum anyways?

the best wheels for the 240 is the SE wheels they dont bent and they are light.

Actually that statement was not refering to OSW.. but whatever.. I was talking about driving on the streets where there are big *** pot holes. etc.. and if you drive like I do then it's more likely you would bend a wheel.

WTH is that supposed to mean? Are you like some kind of complete jack *** who drives straight into potholes, curbs, and road imperfections at full speed on a daily basis or something? You like hopping railroad crossings? What do you do that requires you, above others, to have super strong wheels?

Well said my friend DORI DORIMAXIMUS, KENRIK is an idiotic fool who bends rims on a daily basis by drivin over train tracks and midgets.

mmm....Since we were on the subject of Sportmax wheels I just so happened to buy their AE86 wheel Sportmax 002 for my Z. Its 15x8 with 0 offset! YAAAAY finally wheels that actually fit my car...
002GM8H1580mini.jpg

oh and I have a noob tire question: IF you put really thin tires on back (say 205s?) cause your car is underpowered, is it better for the front tires to be even thinner, or is same size alright (205s all around)? Sorry for my noobness guys...

If you're fighting understeer by using narrow rear tires, what sense would it make to run even narrower tires in the front? The short answer is, no. If you're trying to drift (or learn to), run the crap, narrow tires in the rear. Keep your fronts grippy with a properly sized medium/high grip street tire. Don't go to extremes though and run RS2's or RT115's in the front with junk yard tires in the rear.

Staggering is for the big dawgs with ample power going to the rear wheels. You run larger rear tires to overcome the loss of grip when accelerating a high hp rwd car (especially on corner exits). If your car is underpowered, run crap in the back for drifting. Don't run larger rear tires though if there's no reason...in essence, that's rice (form over function).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom