rims

ROIDMONKEY said:
Here we go again, I didn't know that having a a fat tire on the rear is "RICE" LOL i don't know where u get that from?,,, guess u have to go out and tell that to all the S14 and S13 and supras and g35's and 350Z etc etc owners out there with fat tires in the back ,,, u probably need a few days cause there is tons with it, can't believe u sayd that REMENBER THIS IS SFLDRIFTERS not SFL RICERS? LOL
Rice for me is for example painting a grill of ur car in pink LOL THATS IS VERY RICE :)

btw yes i've seen lambo's and porsche's drifting and im sure u seen the mopar viper (formula d) drifting and that thing have 315 i believe, now that a lot of US don't have the power to push that is another story ,

guess for u donnuts looks better in the back of ur car LOL and painting in pink :)
no offense

OK Roid. Scroll to the TOP of the page and click search. Now TYPE HOMOPHOBES WHO ARE AFRIAD TO LIKE PINK aka I HATE Z4K FANBOY CLUB!

I never said having a "fat" tire in the back of your car is RICE. Do you have the power to back it up? Lets see some dyno graphs? I bet most of the cars you listed are making plenty more power then you...

Now...All the S13, S14s, Supras, G35s, 350z etc etc good for them. How many of them drift? I mean REALLY DRIFT? Ok Next..

Yes I said this is SFLDRIFTERS not SFLRicers. Cause it seems there are more people on here that TALK about Drifting then actually do it. I never seen you do it. I would personally like to. Go get your 17x10.0 and 265 tires and drift. When your ready PM me we can go hit a few spots.

Ok lets the all the Lambos and Porsches? Ill be standing by waiting. I never once said Vipers dont drift. Then again Vipers dont cost $90K +. IIRC He didnt do to well either.

Personally I have 245s on the back of my car. Which will soon be replaced with a 215 or 225 maybe.

BTW why does everything have to be directed to my pink grill. Some of the best things in the world are pink. I can think of one P_SSY ;) But hey if your scared to like pink. I can only guess brown is your favorite :eek:

Kenrik said:
I'm not one to talk about flushness because I went with something cheap ($300 for the whole set) 17x7 +40 is only a slightly better offset then stock (which we all know is awful) I only got new wheels because I needed new tires and it just did not make sence to replace tires on the stock stellies... These may not be the best but they will get me by while I spend my money on more importaint things like... Getting the car running great (done) suspension and more power.. Only ricers do wheels first..

Now Kenrik. You spend more money then you have to because you could have spent half the $300 and bought tires for your steelies. Then you would have had tires and money for something important. So are you calling yourself a ricers?
Only ricers do wheels first

z4k said:
OK Roid. Scroll to the TOP of the page and click search. Now TYPE HOMOPHOBES WHO ARE AFRIAD TO LIKE PINK aka I HATE Z4K FANBOY CLUB!

I never said having a "fat" tire in the back of your car is RICE. Do you have the power to back it up? Lets see some dyno graphs? I bet most of the cars you listed are making plenty more power then you...

Now...All the S13, S14s, Supras, G35s, 350z etc etc good for them. How many of them drift? I mean REALLY DRIFT? Ok Next..

Yes I said this is SFLDRIFTERS not SFLRicers. Cause it seems there are more people on here that TALK about Drifting then actually do it. I never seen you do it. I would personally like to. Go get your 17x10.0 and 265 tires and drift. When your ready PM me we can go hit a few spots.

Ok lets the all the Lambos and Porsches? Ill be standing by waiting. I never once said Vipers dont drift. Then again Vipers dont cost $90K +. IIRC He didnt do to well either.

Personally I have 245s on the back of my car. Which will soon be replaced with a 215 or 225 maybe.

BTW why does everything have to be directed to my pink grill. Some of the best things in the world are pink. I can think of one P_SSY ;) But hey if your scared to like pink. I can only guess brown is your favorite :eek:

Now Kenrik. You spend more money then you have to because you could have spent half the $300 and bought tires for your steelies. Then you would have had tires and money for something important. So are you calling yourself a ricers?

I love pink too, ur grill also :p Let's stop the drama and the yada yada yada bro , if we continue never is going ro end it. let's keep it real , I'm cool

stretched tires actually handle better than non-stretched tires. i ran 205 on 8'' rim and it was the best handling ever with some crappy *** continental tires up front with 700 treadwear.... and they drift better stretched on the rear too

Last edited:
alright ladies stop complaining and get back on topic...

oh and stetched tires stiffen the sidewalls making a slide more predicatable, form what i have heard...dont quote me. i run a 185/60/13 on a 5.5 inch rims :)

I Knew I was going with Dunlop SP sport FM901s before I bought my wheels... the wheels actually matched the tire choice I had already made in the sizes I could get from my local SamsClub.. (where I always get my tires because of the good warrenty) The tires cost more then the wheels so.. yeah I don't classify myself as a ricer because the Tires were what I really wanted for the improvement in grip and handling...

Wheels can be seen on the front of my car...

osw3_011.jpg

ehh.. Maybe I am a ricer... I mean those leather seats I installed in my car don't really add HP.. it is my daily after all... :p

Last edited:
im amazed by this thread.

This dose not pertain to drift too much but while road racing if you run too wide of a tire, like a 275 (all around) on a s14 your probably not going to heat these tires up enough to use the tires to their full potential(example: ra-1's). Depending on the weight of the car and type of course you probably will be more effective with a 245 all around providing your corner exit speed isnt limited by wheel spin.

but for most of our tires that we run on our cars, there is a balence between treadwear and tire width that we play around with to find the best combo. the advantages of a 225 with a 300 treadwear might outweight a 205 with a 200 treadwear depending on driver preferences.

im off topic, dont worry about me.

205 is the best size ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the front of an N/A car under 2700lbs.

Kenrik said:
I Knew I was going with Dunlop SP sport FM901s before I bought my wheels... the wheels actually matched the tire choice I had already made in the sizes I could get from my local SamsClub.. (where I always get my tires because of the good warrenty) The tires cost more then the wheels so.. yeah I don't classify myself as a ricer because the Tires were what I really wanted for the improvement in grip and handling...

Wheels can be seen on the front of my car...

osw3_011.jpg

ehh.. Maybe I am a ricer... I mean those leather seats I installed in my car don't really add HP.. it is my daily after all... :p

how much do those rims weigh each? they look heavy as ****

Alchemist XL said:
stretched tires actually handle better than non-stretched tires. i ran 205 on 8'' rim and it was the best handling ever with some crappy *** continental tires up front with 700 treadwear.... and they drift better stretched on the rear too

They don't handle better. By stretching a tire, the area of the contact patch is being reduced. Stretched tires hace no at the limit handling which makes them perfect for drifting (in other words, the breakaway from grip to no grip is lower). Stretched tires can give better turn in (which makes the car feel like it handles better. I'm talking from having multiple wheels and tire setups.

S13 Slide said:
ddue for an S13 the perfect wheels are 17x9 +15 in teh front and 17x10+25 in the rear 215/45/17 F and 235/40/17R thast stretched to fit on the stock fender unrolled, rolled you can ither run a wider tire at the same offset or you can go 17x9.5F and 17x10.5 R, I know what im talking about. Its all about what tire size your going to run and how much camber. And also the LOWER the offset the more it sticks out you have it wrong, until you are in the negatives, then its higher the negative the farther it sticks out. The reason why your tires probly are close to rubbing is the tire size of 245. if you run a 215, you will be able to see how much more room you have towards the fender, hell you can run a 10 wide tire with that tire size its all about offset, if you get it right the wheel will be in teh same place but the full inch will go inwards towards the suspension.

coupestretched2.jpg

coupestretched.jpg

17x9 with 215/45/17 in the front 17x10+25 with a 235/40/17 tire int he rear, this is UNROLLED, rolled you can ither go wider to 225s up front and 245s in the rear, or rolled you can go with 225s up front and 245s in the rear with a 1/2 inch wider wheels frotn and rear with 6mm lower offset front and rear. dude its not hard i odnt know why no one understands offset of wheels......its so easy.

0 is the perfect center of a set wheel, negative from that is going towards the fender posative it going towards the suspension. .5 of an inch is 13mm's 1inch is 25 mm's.

That car is jacked up and must have some stiff *** springs b/c I had 17x9 +35 (which sits more "in" the fender) on 235/40/17 and it rubbed. There is no way that car is not rubbing...or maybe the guy only drives on glass. Even s14's need to be rolled w/ that wheel in the back.

Alchemist... I did not say 205 I said 215... The wheels weigh about the same as the stock steelies.(22lbs) I was just going to get SE wheels but back when I needed them the cheapest set I could find was $200 local or $175 + shipping for used wheels. so a new set of wheels for $300 that are wider then stock and don't look that bad seemed good to me.

Last edited:
That car is jacked up and must have some stiff *** springs b/c I had 17x9 +35 (which sits more "in" the fender) on 235/40/17 and it rubbed. There is no way that car is not rubbing...or maybe the guy only drives on glass. Even s14's need to be rolled w/ that wheel in the back.

^Yea his car isnt slamned also hes running a bit of camber.
Ask KWKouki if he had any rubbing, his wheel tire set up is 15x7+0 offset with 195/60/15 tires same overall diameter as the 235/40/17, his wheels acctually sit 10mm's FARTHER OUT then 17x9+35. Also what alot of people look over is sway-bars, that will help with rubbing also. besides better handling to begin with.

Really my personal set-up if i ever go with 17s is 17x8.5+20 225/45/17F and 17x9.5+30 245/40/17R, thats if i ever get power to push that lol.

Last edited:
Mine would be 17x9 +10ish 225/45/17 F and 17x9.5 +15ish R.

Actually Uras NS01's would be close to perfect except that I'd need a spacer in in the front.
wbs15.jpg

One day I will own those or some Work S1's.

Kenrik said:
Sorry S13 slide I personally think that looks like crap.. Stretched tires defeat the purpose of the wider wheel... Plus those are not "flush" they stick out past the fender.. so it looks bad IMO.. Sportmax are good looking wheels but they bend really easily... so they are not so good for hard drivers like myself..

ur a godd damn idiot. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom