RB20 swap??

Not at this point...I'm trying to clear my financial aid for school...It's looking good so far. If I decide to sell it I'll PM you before anyone else. Thanks bud.

Didnt read the whole thread, it's always a big difference of opinion, but here is my most logical conclusion:

RB was never sold in ANY car in North America.

KA24 is larger and way more torquey.

KA24 weighs less

RB20 is same pain in the ass to install as RB25, with not nearly the potential.

If you're going to deal with all the inconveniences of having a big heavy, hard-to-find-parts-for-engine in your car, just throw the extra few bones and get an RB25.

Screw the RB, keep building your KA, or swap a V8 :)

If I had to do it all over again. I'd build a dohc ka with a to4e 50. Call it done, 10 times faster than the rb. The rb has it's fair share of problems...but I can't talk, I still haven't driven my rb.... :laugh:

haha no thats ok i want to have a motor that can rev out, thats what im looking for. yeah and let me know after you drive the rb how you like it then

True, the rb and ca rev pretty high. I was shifting at 7200 with the ka-t. Can't wait for my intercooler and ecu so I could hear that sweet rb sound... :bigthumbu

I used to run a holset turbo...Laggy as shit. Spool would hit around 3800 rpm, shred my tires till redline. It still wanted more but I wouldn't rev a ka any higher...When I sold it I bought a t3 super 60, that I took to 6k it would die after 6....

ah i want a 6 cylinder motor to take the beating more. and the sound will be great. also the rb should make more power easier than the ca, and those ca are hard to come by for some reason.

I wouldn't buy a ca. They are getting old and the prices are still higher than the rb20...Stick with the rb20. Parts arent hard to find for the rb either. They are just expensive.

Devil Man said:
haha no thats ok i want to have a motor that can rev out, thats what im looking for. yeah and let me know after you drive the rb how you like it then

If you want to rev out get a rotory, rb20 is not a rev machine, 7600 to 8000rpm is max on stock block, also you start to lose power that high in the rpm range, it makes its max power at 6400 rpm and max torque at 3200 rpm. here are some specs.

Engine
Type (see below) RB20DET Twin cam, in-line 6, Turbocharged
Displacement 1998 cc
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Max. Power; kW/bhp 160/214 @ 6400 rpm
Max. Torque; Nm/ft-lbs 263/194 @ 3200 rpm
Bore x Stroke; mm 78 x 69.7
Redline 7600 rpm
Fuel Injection Nissan EGI (ECCS)

gearbox
Transmission 5 speed manual
Gear Ratios