RB20 swap??

Theres a plug on the compressor with like 4 to 6 wires, they chopped that. Have you had custom a/c lines made? I wanted to know how expensive they would be...

weee i got some answers here,

ok i have a duel cam so i guess i have to see about that. i want to keep the a/c too cause it is hot as balls out. madcow so your telling me that im going to have to go from the duel cam to single cam power steering lines? are you talking the hard lines? i didnt even know that they were different.

You are lucky devil man. Your power steering lines are a direct fit. Mine are not as the single cams have the reservoir on the other side....

ah i see.. ok so then the wiring is the only thing that i need to figure out. who is this skillzillas and how do i get a hold of him? and i need to get a hold of the wiring digram to do this, and to make sure that it makes my stupid dash work too.

This link is golden...Skillzillas write up is for sohc cars, and then carl h's write up is for dohc cars... :bigthumbu
http://www.racebread.com/old/files.html

Here is what I've spent so far. As of today just to give you a heads up.
rb20det 1380
x-member 50
trans member 10
hoses 40
water pump/ timing belt/tensioner 300
intercooler/piping 175
radiator 165
fans 170 with wiring kit.
plus anything I forgot...100
2390 so far I think...

Devil Man said:
weee i got some answers here,

ok i have a duel cam so i guess i have to see about that. i want to keep the a/c too cause it is hot as balls out. madcow so your telling me that im going to have to go from the duel cam to single cam power steering lines? are you talking the hard lines? i didnt even know that they were different.

rb's use dohc lines. if you have sohc lines you need to change them ..

seriously...i still....HATE this motor...but this is a damn good thread...good job peeps

good info

well i have a duel cam so im ok on the power steering. and as for the wiring link that you gave me thats not that big of a deal, it looks pretty easy. and that money that you spent isnt bad, you have to tell me where you got your motor at, so i can get one too. i read in the other thread somewhere, someone said to use anothers cars cross member cause it sits the motor in better? any you have heard of this?

and see manny this isnt bad.

It uses an r32/rb20det skyline crossmember. If not you need to buy a mounting kit from tophat, low life customs or mckinney...
If I were to buy a swap again, I'd buy from jhot imports, or jarco. I bought my engine from japanmotorimports. They are quite helpful other than the fact that they sent me an rb26dett ecu... :mad: Atleast the motor has great compression and no leaks...

Last edited:
m4nfred said:
seriously...i still....HATE this motor...but this is a damn good thread...good job peeps

good info

LMAO :laugh: :bigthumbu

you use the r32 subframe because it's almost the same a a S chassis.

so if me wants a/c then no pwer brace huh... what a peice of shit. oh well than i guess it goes than. and the r32 subframe is just fine i dont have to worry about anything else?

-r32 crossmember
-automatic 240sx trans-member( stock transmember didnt work for me )
-modified downpipe
-modify throttle bracket
...That should be it... :bigthumbu

if you have a sohc and your putting a greddy intake manifold your going to have to get a dohc throtle cable the sohc is just a littel to short.

rb_reds13 said:
-r32 crossmember
-automatic 240sx trans-member( stock transmember didnt work for me )
-modified downpipe
-modify throttle bracket
...That should be it... :bigthumbu

so this is what i need to get the ac working huh. ok

Back
Top Bottom