Planning to do VQ swap on S14.......

I hope your not going to put this engine in to gain extra functionality. All I have to do for 320wtq by 3800 is turn up the boost.

How much dose that 6spd transmission weigh again?

Good luck, i hope that you will be driving your car more then you are working on it.

mikespeed95 said:
because the VQ is totally plug and play :rolleyes:

How right you are.

I dunno if the beginner of this thread has done any research but the guy who out the VQ in that car is stuck. That is all he did put it in. He is having wiring nightmares last I heard. Good luck. :rolleyes:

S13 Slide said:
STFU why dose everyone want to put that POS LS1 motor in everything? id rather have a VH45DE then that shit. unlike heavy ass V8 "sports cars" we like our cars to handle and stop. using a V6 dosnt effect the weight distribution as bad as people think.

Uhhhhh tony the LS1 is lighter than the KA and makes alot more power, with easy upgrades that increase power substantially, I mean it 350 stock then with LS6 heads intake and ecu your at 405hp then headers up to like 415-20, thats without boost.

LS1 FTW

Pic Related

:cool: HERES PICS OF THE S13 WITH A VG30 IN IT. I MISELF 'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS SWAP -I HAVE THE ENGINE (N/A) SITTING IN MY HOUSE ALREADY W/ ONLY 143k- AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT A WEB SITE ACTUALLY SELLS AN INSTALLATION KIT FOR IT, TRANNY CUSTOM CROSS BAR WIT ITS MOUNTS INCLUDE. IT'S A HELL OF A PROJECT, BUT I THINK THAT PEOPLE MAKE IT LOOK HARDER JUST CUZ THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. WITH THE ENGINE ALREADY IN MY POSSESSION I'M JUST GON TAKE MY TIME DO RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH ...AND THEN MORE RESEARCH AND BE WORKING ON IT LITTLE BY LITTLE TILL I FINALLY BUILD ME MY OWN TORQUE MACHINE.
CIMG0062.jpg

CIMG0059.jpg

CIMG0058.jpg

RIDE_SS37nOS said:
:cool: HERES PICS OF THE S13 WITH A VG30 IN IT. I MISELF 'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS SWAP -I HAVE THE ENGINE (N/A) SITTING IN MY HOUSE ALREADY W/ ONLY 143k- AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT A WEB SITE ACTUALLY SELLS AN INSTALLATION KIT FOR IT, TRANNY CUSTOM CROSS BAR WIT ITS MOUNTS INCLUDE. IT'S A HELL OF A PROJECT, BUT I THINK THAT PEOPLE MAKE IT LOOK HARDER JUST CUZ THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. WITH THE ENGINE ALREADY IN MY POSSESSION I'M JUST GON TAKE MY TIME DO RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH ...AND THEN MORE RESEARCH AND BE WORKING ON IT LITTLE BY LITTLE TILL I FINALLY BUILD ME MY OWN TORQUE MACHINE.
CIMG0062.jpg

CIMG0059.jpg

CIMG0058.jpg

Nice!!! Nice.... :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Blah Blahh!!!! V8 V8's.....................i ono but !!! the motor !!! is Monster!!! But Ls1 Ls6 Ls7....w/e........not for Me!!!! is just that for me it doesnt look good an American Muscle Engine ina Japanese car!!! i rather put a VK56 in a S14...........a JDM V8 from a armada or Titan...........RIGHT??? i rather do that than a LS1 but......my budget is not going there b cuz that alot of fabrication and alot of patience......ilma post a VK56 that sum guy is doing on a s14 ...........fuck hard shiet.....

S13 Slide said:
STFU why dose everyone want to put that POS LS1 motor in everything? id rather have a VH45DE then that shit. unlike heavy ass V8 "sports cars" we like our cars to handle and stop. using a V6 dosnt effect the weight distribution as bad as people think.

are you aware the ls1 is lighter than the VK?

how much is a fully dressed VQ motorset?

bring some actual tech.

VQ(S14) said:
Nice!!! Nice.... :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Blah Blahh!!!! V8 V8's.....................i ono but !!!
obviuosly you dont know anything other than waht ou read on google.com

the motor !!! is Monster!!!

yah a stock vg30dett is truly something of monsterous proportions. wahts the wieght of that motor with the turbos and everything? how much power is it making?

But Ls1 Ls6 Ls7....w/e........not for Me!!!!

definately. it actually requires skills past searching images.google.com and typing on a keyboard.

is just that for me it doesnt look good an American Muscle Engine ina Japanese car!!! i rather put a VK56 in a S14...........a JDM V8 from a armada or Titan...........RIGHT???

yah toatally, i mean its jdm yo

i rather do that than a LS1 but......

quit being a fucking follower you fucking faggot. you wouldnt rather do a ls1, you've stated that several times, youd rather do some ricer ass shit so you can say its jdm

my budget is not going there b cuz that alot of fabrication and alot of patience......ilma post a VK56 that sum guy is doing on a s14 ...........fuck hard shiet.....

do you even own a car?

VQ(S14) said:
LMAO!!!!!! :D :laugh: true ....the handling changes when u put a ls1 motor in it ......the vq weights a pound less.....LMAO look i have sum pics of the weight of the VQ35 comparing the KA24......im getting oriented on this swap......this is serious guyz!!!

100_0791.jpg

326x425.jpg

The Weight diff is not that mutch..............1 pound damn!!!!!!!!!! LOL

hmm.....fully stripped longblocks....hmmm...theres not even a crank pulley on the vq. IIRC a ls1 engine with accessories is 396 lbs.

also i dont think ls1 is lighter than ka.

Always some have to come and talk shit.....this is a Japaness car why you want to put an american engines on an import...thats STUPID!!!!

Always some have to come and talk shit.....this is a Japaness car why you want to put an american engines on an import...thats STUPID!!!!
Myabe for hp/tq? :ugh: You have obviously never seen mikspeeds s13 or you would not have to ask that.

mikes car is good, and has gone through many changes and many different shops have backed him up

but he needs to leave the internets

first of all the LS1 is NOT lighter then a KA, 2nd even IF its lighter then a VQ which i still dont think it is, the weight is farther forward then the VQ, ever since everybody started putting the V8s into RX-7s that when the bastardising of it begain, screw american V8s!!! having an LS1 in my S13 "just cause it makes more power" still dosnt justify it going into my car even a n/a VG with minor bolts on would suit the S13 ALOT better then a LS1.

dude vg is boat anchor. if you said vq id agree, but the dohc design, more moving parts, and the sheer lack of lightweight engineering woudl offset the extra 2 pistons/rods/block of the lsjuan.

some people like myself look at it like this.

this motor wieghs this much, has a badass 6 speed tranny, costs this much, and parts are in stock everywhere for it.

this chassis wieghs this much, has a suspension design that isnt bad, aftermarket out the wazoo.

why dont i put these together and have a badass car.

and those of you that have seen my car keep in mind, when you saw it it had blown headgaskets.

were building a new car at xat soon, it will be 100x better.

and this "keeping it nissan" crap i dont understand. you've got a 10 year technology/time gap here, unless its plug and play which it isnt even close then why does it matter, its the same amount of work either way.

and for ls1 versus vg, which you seem to be arguing, thats not even a comparison.

ls1 has better:
wieght, aftermarket, parts availability, powerband, power, torque, tranny, i could go on

vg advantages:
catches fire more easily.

mikespeed95 said:
dude vg is boat anchor. if you said vq id agree, but the dohc design, more moving parts, and the sheer lack of lightweight engineering woudl offset the extra 2 pistons/rods/block of the lsjuan.

some people like myself look at it like this.

this motor wieghs this much, has a badass 6 speed tranny, costs this much, and parts are in stock everywhere for it.

this chassis wieghs this much, has a suspension design that isnt bad, aftermarket out the wazoo.

why dont i put these together and have a badass car.

and those of you that have seen my car keep in mind, when you saw it it had blown headgaskets.

were building a new car at xat soon, it will be 100x better.

and this "keeping it nissan" crap i dont understand. you've got a 10 year technology/time gap here, unless its plug and play which it isnt even close then why does it matter, its the same amount of work either way.

and for ls1 versus vg, which you seem to be arguing, thats not even a comparison.

ls1 has better:
wieght, aftermarket, parts availability, powerband, power, torque, tranny, i could go on

vg advantages:
catches fire more easily.

Yeah I agree with this statement

well sicne aparently im wrong, sorry guys....can i see pictures of your car mikespeed? im going to the junk yard 2-maro to go rip me out a 302 305 or a 350 out of some pos car, or how about a vortech 4.3 liter from a S-10 YEA!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom