Planning to do VQ swap on S14.......

S13 Slide said:
well sicne aparently im wrong, sorry guys....can i see pictures of your car mikespeed? im going to the junk yard 2-maro to go rip me out a 302 305 or a 350 out of some pos car, or how about a vortech 4.3 liter from a S-10 YEA!!!

Well an LS1 shares the architecture of the older chevy small block 305-350's and such but it shares no parts. It is an all aluminum 5.7L 330-350hp V8. Very easily upgraded and extreamely reliable. It revs well enough and has torque up the ying yang the bottom end is very strong 6 bolt mains with an integrated crank girdle.

http://books.google.com/books?id=57...MmAE&sig=IGAr7kKNbhbC-d0actfd0hsg2xo#PPA40,M1
This is what the LS1 block looks like on the bottom end

yeah and I looked for like 45mins and couldnt find any pics of the bottom end of the VK

I thought this was a baddass picture.
exploded.bmp

S13 Slide said:
well sicne aparently im wrong, sorry guys....can i see pictures of your car mikespeed? im going to the junk yard 2-maro to go rip me out a 302 305 or a 350 out of some pos car, or how about a vortech 4.3 liter from a S-10 YEA!!!

you will see many positive things i say about lsx engines, but anything else chevrolet built is a peice of shit, minus corvettes.

the new gto is kinda cool though, and some their trucks are okay

S13 Slide said:
first of all the LS1 is NOT lighter then a KA, 2nd even IF its lighter then a VQ which i still dont think it is, the weight is farther forward then the VQ, ever since everybody started putting the V8s into RX-7s that when the bastardising of it begain, screw american V8s!!! having an LS1 in my S13 "just cause it makes more power" still dosnt justify it going into my car even a n/a VG with minor bolts on would suit the S13 ALOT better then a LS1.

When you're talking about weight, take into consideration that the center of gravity on a pushrod v8 is much lower than a dohc v6.

I would take an LS1 any day of the week and to tell you the truth have long since been contemplating doing so. Find me the motor and tranny for a good price and ill jump on it..

www.hinsonsupercars.com

Little expensive..actually really expensive, but they have everything you need.

actually they DONT.

i speak from experience.

if you live in florida and want a ls1 in your car come to xat. the hinson shit is....shit. ls1tech.com others will vouch as well.

Back
Top Bottom