Permanent changes to PBIR for Formula D!

I'm excited to see how a professional motorsports venue takes drifting seriously. This not only helps the professional drift scene grow, but it's also helping the amateur and Pro/Am guys get more opportunities at higher quality tracks (if they allow us to run the FD course).

This is awesome they are going to be using the back section of the track!!!! Sweet the back section is really FAST. It will be more challenging for low power cars though. But stupid fun!!!

i kinda liked watching from there without the stands, but i guess if they did HUGE events the stands would make sense

This is awesome they are going to be using the back section of the track!!!! Sweet the back section is really FAST. It will be more challenging for low power cars though. But stupid fun!!!

I'm pretty sure they're just gonna be using the layout that they originally tried to run last year.

I'm pretty sure they're just gonna be using the layout that they originally tried to run last year.

yea i was just looking at the track map of pbir and it seems like they will be using the same layout. all they are doing is permanently moving the barriers to fit grandstands.
PBIR said:
permanent improvements to the Turn 2 and Turn 5 track barriers of the road course.
Track Map
http://drivenasafl.com/speed/sites/default/files/downloads/pbir_1.jpg

This is going to be good
I went to this last year and thought the track lay out was weak and runs were short
I like the changes to atlanta. only thing that sucked about road atlanta was the fire ants

Yea who knows what they are gonna run this year. I keep looking at the pictures and what they are doing versus last years layout and it's a little odd. On top of that formula d hasn't made a track map of PBIR and yet they have for every other track. Also by this time last year we already knew what the layout was. It's definitely gonna be interesting this year with all the secrets, and just hoping it really doesn't end up being the same layout as last year.

Yea who knows what they are gonna run this year. I keep looking at the pictures and what they are doing versus last years layout and it's a little odd. On top of that formula d hasn't made a track map of PBIR and yet they have for every other track. Also by this time last year we already knew what the layout was. It's definitely gonna be interesting this year with all the secrets, and just hoping it really doesn't end up being the same layout as last year.

we knew what the layout was but then they changed it so knowing ahead of time did us no good

Im sure they are expecting even more spectators this year. Frankly PBIR last year was a tiny event by FD standards and it was packed for what it was. I bet the crowd will be twice the size this year since more SFL ppl will know about it.

Im sure they are expecting even more spectators this year. Frankly PBIR last year was a tiny event by FD standards and it was packed for what it was. I bet the crowd will be twice the size this year since more SFL ppl will know about it.

Yea and not to mention they are running a time attack during fd as well

but the spectators definitely prefer a different layout than last years...at least something longer than what it was last year and more turns would be sick. in comparison to every other course that FD runs, pbir is probably the shortest, even with that ridiculously long starting line. idk if its possible or not but it'd be really nice if they managed a track setup that would bring them right back to the start line in action so after every run theyre not creepin back to the start line

Back
Top Bottom