Palm Beach International Raceway Track Layout for Formula Drift Round 3

Wrecked Magazine

2011.FormulaDrift.PalmBeachInternationalRaceway.CourseLayout1-500x373.jpg

After all this talk and speculation from Joon Maeng’s hand made track layout someone was kind enough to send in the document that Formula Drift sent out to all the teams. It looks like quite an interesting track layout. The pink lines at the end of turn 1 represent the grand stands which I know is hard to read with the image shrunk to fit in the blog. Judges will have final approval of the track layout as always but this is a tentative look at what is in store for you next weekend if you attend the PBIR event.

More...

looks like they know a how to set up an track?!?!?!?!? I'm going to guess they will end up changing the layout.

Last edited:
WTF is this nAgger shit?

I know I ain't driving but all bro's can agree with me that this layout lookS retarded

Hahahaha that has to be a joke. Top of 1st gear all sick.

It's basically a mirrored Road Atlanta for the first few turns but with a faster entry and transition, it doesn't fail, actually looks pretty sweet.

5752819778_5645caebcd_b.jpg

Honestly, from what I've seen, the scene has completely turned around from what it was a year ago, we should be proud for that FD is coming to Florida, and is also coming to a pretty rad venue.

So rather than hating, why not be pumped up for what is going to be a pretty awesome weekend for Florida drifting.

steve i am pumped....i just dont want the event to suck balls to where FD or any other major organization decides not to come back! know what i mean?

steve i am pumped....i just dont want the event to suck balls to where FD or any other major organization decides not to come back! know what i mean?

I hear ya, and I'm the same way, I'm concerned too, Palm Beach is a drive for most of everyone, so I'm worried whether the spectator turnout will be good enough for them to come back, but the track layout is the least of my worries, the entry will be fast and the tandem battles will be awesome, so let's not worry and just have an kick ass time.

FIRST OFFFFF
Joon Maeng IS NOT a dickhead/jerk/whatever you wanna call him. He is the nicest dood I have ever met in drifting.

Second. Its absolutely nothing like Atlanta.

Third, FD needs spectators. There is really no where else on the track that could provide the amount of turns desired that the spectators could see the entire track.

Fourth. Get over it, Two big time series have some to Florida this year. Quit your crying. If you wanna do or see more drifting, travel. Thats what I've been doing. I hate hearing all of these people cry all the time.

cliff notes.
Joon is the nicest guy in drifting
not road atlanta
fd needs spectators
quit yer cryin.

The entry looks fast and seems to have a lot of braking, which means tandems are gonna be close and intense. Sure, it looks retarded on a map, but I'm sure this course will show the amazing skills these drivers have. Formula D wouldn't have thought of coming out here without checking out the course and having more than 1 possibility of layouts. They aren't that stupid. I looks pretty much like the new Las Vegas layout, which is one of my least favorites, but they still have sell out crowds. We just gotta come out and show some support for them to decide to come back.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

FIRST OFFFFF
Joon Maeng IS NOT a dickhead/jerk/whatever you wanna call him. He is the nicest dood I have ever met in drifting.

Second. Its absolutely nothing like Atlanta.

Third, FD needs spectators. There is really no where else on the track that could provide the amount of turns desired that the spectators could see the entire track.

Fourth. Get over it, Two big time series have some to Florida this year. Quit your crying. If you wanna do or see more drifting, travel. Thats what I've been doing. I hate hearing all of these people cry all the time.

cliff notes.
Joon is the nicest guy in drifting
not road atlanta
fd needs spectators
quit yer cryin.

Agreed.

its a closer layout to Vegas isnt it? they want to do this cuz it will lead to a closer tandem set. I don't think its "that" bad but its not as cool as having them come in at 100mph.

Back
Top Bottom