OVERSTEERING PROBLEMS

You are probably giving too much angle like boxmod said try not to give it too much angle. also make sure you counter steer at the right time. if you counter steer late into the first cone when the rear decides to kick out you will always spin out .

Thx bro I'll try that next time

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

tie rods with spacers is about it... around 100-130 for decent set of tiens i think?

my wheels are 18x8.5 in front... but you dont want 245s anyways. 225s on a 7" wide will be fine. diameter being 16s is fine. there are reasons to change but dont worry about that. you can drift at 75mph on 15s (I was on 14s when doing 65mph drifts back in the day), its more about the width and rubber quality.

So then wat do you think I should invest in first some tires for the 16's or tie rods and eventually get my knuckles welded?

Just get the knuckles, if you spend 100 for tie rods, you might as well spend another $150 more and get knuckles.

get the tie rods before knuckles. no reason not to get tie rods, simple and cheap and much better to learn with. thats like not welding your diff just to make it hard on yourself. im not saying you have to do either, but its so cheap and beneficial, why not?

order id get is good front tires.
then tie rods and prolly ditch that vlsd for a welded.

Am I the only one that thinks .5 degrees toe is too much? (I hope your talking about total not just one side) that's almost 1/4 in. I run 0.2 degrees toe out in the front and it turns in really well in my opinion.

In fact having more static toe out will make the diffrence of steering of left and right wheels greater during large steering angle making the front end "drag".

Last edited:
I think the only reason people say to learn on some shit ass car, is becuase they'll be super jealous of some kid coming out and learning in a better car....and drifting better than them. I always tell people to get knuckles. Driving without knuckles is sooo lame and boring. Im trying to look sweet when I drift and not cruise the track with barely any angle.

I think the only reason people say to learn on some shit ass car, is becuase they'll be super jealous of some kid coming out and learning in a better car....and drifting better than them. I always tell people to get knuckles. Driving without knuckles is sooo lame and boring. Im trying to look sweet when I drift and not cruise the track with barely any angle.

you are not talking about a mustang .. 240s have good angle not "holy crap" angle but its enough to get you to where you need to . if he is having issues with his over steer more angle wont help the issue . he needs to solve what is happening to his car now and understand why it happens. not just avoid it

i used to have this problem when i was running stock sentra rims which are 16 x 7 (i think). once i threw on some 17x9.75 with some 225/45/17 Michelin tires ..i rarely over steer. try running bigger wheels up front. (i havnt read anyones response)

dreadbolt12, i can put the gopro on your car and we can vid how you drive!:driving: and you will learn alot, me and my brother have a white and black hatch with wing look for us next time!:bigthumbu

you could be so much more confident if you ran better size tire. ask bill fisher how i said about his car "working" on the tires he had, but his car looked slow (back like 2010?)... now he still kills it and is fast.

the quality of tire is also important. you'll see guys with 245s (like myself) on 240s and larger on different chassis... 265-285s etc on fronts!

When I was running your old tenzos I always had a minimum of a 225 on them up front. I was just saying in perspective, I wanted to try something a little silly and I put those 175s on a 16x8 to give the car a different look I guess, and with a good tire, proper alignment and correct pressure, I haven't had an issue. Never thought twice about doing the 2nd left and having almost the highest trap speed.

The issue it sounds like here is either being thrown too hard with incorrect countersteer ( too little, improper timing) or being a little throttle happy. Possibly even setup. Best thing to do is in-car cam and watch what you're doing. Really helps out. I wouldn't mind riding with you to see what's going on if you'd like also, or even trying the car out.

dreadbolt12, i can put the gopro on your car and we can vid how you drive!:driving: and you will learn alot, me and my brother have a white and black hatch with wing look for us next time!:bigthumbu

Yea bro! I'm down I'll bring my sd card if anything

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

When I was running your old tenzos I always had a minimum of a 225 on them up front. I was just saying in perspective, I wanted to try something a little silly and I put those 175s on a 16x8 to give the car a different look I guess, and with a good tire, proper alignment and correct pressure, I haven't had an issue. Never thought twice about doing the 2nd left and having almost the highest trap speed.

The issue it sounds like here is either being thrown too hard with incorrect countersteer ( too little, improper timing) or being a little throttle happy. Possibly even setup. Best thing to do is in-car cam and watch what you're doing. Really helps out. I wouldn't mind riding with you to see what's going on if you'd like also, or even trying the car out.

Yea bro I wouldn't mind at all, u can find me in the red hatch with a giant white spot on the back and no front bumper lol I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me thx :bigthumbu

Just find someone who knows what they're doing hop in your car and slide it once or twice. Watch their hands and see what they do differently. Driver mod>angle mod

Yeah, don't put bad ass knuckles on your car. I forgot that if your car works good, you'll be like super bad at drifting. You HAVE to learn in some huge piece of shit car to be good at drifting.

i really dont understand people who think you shouldnt learn on a decent car if you can. do the knuckles and tie rods there is no reason not to. i promise you will want them at some point so why relearn your car. and currently if they keep you from spinning a few times thats great you arent going to be any better learning on a shitty car if anything you will probably get better quicker on a well built car since you dont have to fight the car and can just work on technique and you will be able to be more aggressive since a well put together car is predictable.

Back
Top Bottom