Ok, Drifter's lets be serious with our cars....

Three5oZee

Driver
...I'll be the first to say that i dont get the opportunity to slide as often as i would like...basically said, ''im an illegal sliden a$$ dude...( i dont always get the opportunity to get to an event like most....

..Here's the topic... after reading some older posts about how many drivers have Formula D ready cars based on spec's i guess i felt a little upset. I take this s*** seriously. I spend damn near every drop of money i can into my Z... its coming off the road next month just so i can get 500 hp by mid march (i dont need that much, its just my desired limit)...im dropping a crap load of money to make it happen...

..lets be serious here.....for those of us who have this desire to get into D1..or any of the drift events held here in the US or Japan if at all possible then we need to step it up! It's tru...a lot of cars on here dont have cages....it only costs like 400 for a good cage set up...to say the least up to as much as 800 if im not mistaken. spend the money! people talk about my car sayin yea its pretty, but does he really drive it?...is he really serious..or a freakin show car wanna-be drifter...sad to break their hearts but im in this s*** for real!... i dressed my car up with the graphics..bought the rims, built the suspension, and now building the engine just to make it happen...maybe my approach is slow, but it is destined!

i guess this is why i hung around Ter Tech so much...they may not have all the money, but they sure are serious! I have seen a lot of drivers that drift here in S florida...think to yourselves.... if you took your car right now to an event where the judges are biased with their taste in the appearance of the vehicle...style..drift angle ....speed into drift and exit...and so on...does your car have a look of the next level?....yes a good driver is important...but look at it like this...i seen a lot of guys here on this site drift and i know that if they were in better cars they would be out there competing with the best..... there are a lot of drivers in D1 that have hot lookin cars with all the power but are below average drifters....we have all seen them on the tapes and so on... i just hope to see more cars start to dress up their cars....f*** wut anyone thinks abot how your car looks when u drive it to work....if its all suited up for a meet with all the graphics....mine is daily driven and i tell them... im just tryn to make it happen... south florida needs to step it up.... so wut if your driven around town and your car looks like it should be in a motorx video or something... your serious about yours... dress it up...gain attention...you never know who u will run into..or who will become interested and sponsor you.....

maybe im asking or sayin too much... i have been building my 240...and that one will be nasty looking too when im done...and daily driven... its just the way it is...lets build our own claim to fame here in south florida... and they will come to us...

j

If your really that good at drifting and your skill is up there with the best then you get sponsorship and they usually give you a car to drift at events. Alot of sponsors go out to drift events to see skill which is harder to find than bling cars. I've met a few people on the board and seen them at hiahleah practicing and the skill is def. stepping up thats where sponsorship comes from. skill is tougher to come by than money. Im not sure how everyone else on the boards feels but if I had a big money car it would def slow down my progress for fear of beatin it into a wall or curb rather than having a car with a great suspension set up and not so great looking to push it.

....good point, though i guess im alone in feeling that the car i build is the car i want to make it with...yea, its cool if you want to drive another companies car or sponsoring vehicle. thats cool if you have that insite... im talking abnout those of us who are building our cars because we want our cars to go up with the best... thereason i spend the money on the parts is beacuse i want to put them to work..compete with em..and so on. if a sponsor wants me to drive their car, thats cool... but my car will be up there as well. and when i m finsihed with the Z...my 240 is next in line... my ultimate goal is to build a company here in S Florida... a compnay that not only gets drivers out there, but builds cars and teams...i want to build a team... drivers welcomed with their cars... take the next level to buying property and investing in a building to house the team cars and build up...and so on....
..no dreaming here... i invest...i own property..its all about refinancing/ selling and renting... the market is great....

but you see wut i mean hopefully...

j

sup dude!!!!

...japtrix is gonna do it up....fuel return..turbonetics single turbo..with piggie back programmed on top of reflash set up.....should be just over 500 @ 10psi

...bak on topic... we need to take s florida... make magazines see how many cars an drivers we have out here....why do u think cali is on the map so well....for one, they are closest to japan....and two...the majority of the enthusists are out there... i dunno why i want florida on the map so badly...but i want these companies to be all over florida like how they are in cali....it can happen...but only by the serious.......

j

j

+1 for skill..

Graphics don't get you respect, I agree with some of what you're saying but I don't think you're 100% on the ball. Yes you do need to have a car that can go up against the best but that does not mean it needs to have graphics and crap.. only if they are from your actual sponcers..

I think a good example of a nice setup drift car was that young kid in the white hatch, he had a built car with cage and seats etc... but it is clean and attractive. if at some point he gets sponcers etc.. I bet it would not be very hard to make it look "Formula D"

dsc07899.jpg

Skill comes first, who cares if you're in Formula D if you're finishing in last place..

Last edited:
While graphics dont get you respect, a car whose body is in great condition does. To be sponsored you must look your best and skill only will not cover up for this fact. It's like going to a job interview. Yeah you might have a PhD in rocket science, but if you look like the bum I just ran over when I drove under the bridge, you're not getting hired. I'm not saying skill doesnt matter.... but face it: Falken gave an FD to Tony DeAngelo.... and over a handful of people in their private cars that slide in OSW would embarass him. Falken dropped his *** in public at the last SEMA.

Also, you talk about sponsorships and Formula D as if politics isnt involved. Professional Drifting is composed of two things: Skill and Politics, and they are both equally important. Your car's appearance is just one of the categories under politics. No one will sponsor a car that looks like **** because they dont want people to assume their product quality resembles the look of your car.

And yes some companies give drivers their own personal cars.... but that's a FULL sponsorship.... it costs over $50,000 to provide a driver with such car. I'm sorry but if I had to trust my 50 grand in someone, it better be Tsuchiya, and if he's not, then he better be a hell of a lot better than him.

Also, you say "who cares if you're in Formula D if you're in last place?". You know what? If I was in that position I wouldnt care about what you think.... because I made it and you didnt. Shows I'm still a step ahead of you..... call it skill, call it street smart, but I sure as hell got there somehow, and I dont see a lot of people doing so either.

As for Three5oZee's point, I agree with the investment in cages. However it's quite the investment. Someone who wants to make it big should stop for a while and think if they have the balls to go through with all of this, and never settle for second best. Because if you drop all your life and soul into your car for a reason, you better make sure you accomplish it.

If you know any good places to install roll cages let me know because I would be interested in the next couple of months.

- Erick

Last edited:
rwdrift said it best.....and my point is not on graphics....my graphics hav to do with my cars theme... my car has partial sponsors so i have to post my sponsors..my car is shopped out with a look to hunt down sponsors...thats why my car is all dressed up... i gotta tell you..its all marketing.... and very political...

...my point ofr this thread is to get people to step it up...doesnt mean with just graphics..means with your car...paint it...clean it up...get a cage...teams....get a similar look..ie, top secret..all their cars look the part...you see a car..you know its top secrets...i like full opps look...but for example...you guys should all paint your cars the same... and get similar parts...all get roll cages with a look that no one else has...bring your team out at every event and represent HARD!!!! im just tryn to encourage thats all... i get excied when i see all the drifters together....

anyone else see wut i mean?

u got the look man, definetly a fd lookin ride, and sponsors eat that ish up.

i cant wait for my 240 so i can do it up all nasty.

Three5oZee said:
rwdrift said it best.....and my point is not on graphics....my graphics hav to do with my cars theme... my car has partial sponsors so i have to post my sponsors..my car is shopped out with a look to hunt down sponsors...thats why my car is all dressed up... i gotta tell you..its all marketing.... and very political...

...my point ofr this thread is to get people to step it up...doesnt mean with just graphics..means with your car...paint it...clean it up...get a cage...teams....get a similar look..ie, top secret..all their cars look the part...you see a car..you know its top secrets...i like full opps look...but for example...you guys should all paint your cars the same... and get similar parts...all get roll cages with a look that no one else has...bring your team out at every event and represent HARD!!!! im just tryn to encourage thats all... i get excied when i see all the drifters together....

anyone else see wut i mean?

Wow man... that's mad money. So far most of the cars in the team represent 2 team colors (White/black, red/black, red/black). We would never agree on what color all cars should be because we all have different tastes, and like you mentioned, it's still our cars as well so we want to keep it to our touch.

However I am all for putting a huge FullOpp decal on the side of my car.

Before color matching all cars, I would do other investments... namely the cage.

- Erick

yea thats it...you see wut i mean...i mean you can all have a look that eveyone knows....do package deals for the roll cages...you get a guy who will doo all your cars for a rate and everyone get them one after another....... this is what im hoping to see...tryn to build... another level of street drifters/..those who hope to go big time....

j

I totally agree the car needs to look good...You can't have a car with primer/mismatched body parts/huge dent stuff that most drift cars have, (which is all very understandable) But Sponcers will not be inclined to put their name on/back a car that looks like it's on the verge of heading to a junkyard since it reflects poorly on them.

Also just as importaint is the way you conduct yourself dress/speak/act...

If you are respectable and carry yourself in a very professional manner then +1 for you because when you're not in your car you have to be just as slick as it is.
So yes that is the political portion of it.

And on a more direct note, Three5oZee I do understand why you need to dress up your Z because well, it's still in production.. there are tons of them on the road and you need to look different.. Make it look the way you feel best suits your personality. In the end the car should match the driver and be a reflection of him/her.

I agree three5zero, if you look at cali people do dress up their cars. Now onething is for sure not everyone here is ready for sponsership, but we do have a couple of skilled drivers here that are for example Chris Forsberg was discovered at a drift showoff that that signalauto was attending and they weren't even looking for a driver. Oh you say not everyone can offord 2 build suspension, power, and dressup bullsh!t it's called dedication. I'm not saying everyone here is not dedicated but some could do a better job at it. Example Tarzan Yamada use 2 go hungry for days at a time because he needed 2 buy part's for his car 2 get ready for an event before he went pro in Japan. No one here is in need of going hungry 2 buy part's but some could spare a couple of dollers 2 do so. I for example work construction for a living I hate it with a passion but I know that I can buy part's for my 240 feed my family and save for a house and a buissness in the future. Alot of you guy's live with your parents and don't pay sh!t so why not take your ultimate goal more seriously. Some people think drifting is about skill and thats it, my friends that stopped being true in Japan like 5 years ago if you look at the people that have been going pro as of late they have had nice dressed up cars the only way you can hope 2 go pro with a sh!tty looking ride is if you have a drift car that no one else has like bubba drift and his Elcamino, let's be honest anyone can drift a 240 so for u 2 shine over the rest your car most be presentable. Some people think that sponsers just step in and give you a $100,000 driftcar and say go crazy with it, reallity check Nadine Toyoda can out drift anyone in this forum and she only has parctial sponserships and she is a girl and has 5yrs drift experiance. We have 2 stop living in the clouds if we want the scene 2 come here we have 2 give the sponsers eyecandy. If not no one is ganna wanna pay $9,000 dollers 2 rent homestead speedway. Now if your goal is 2 just drift for fun disregared this whole thread.

RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
I agree three5zero, if you look at cali people do dress up their cars. Now onething is for sure not everyone here is ready for sponsership, but we do have a couple of skilled drivers here that are for example Chris Forsberg was discovered at a drift showoff that that signalauto was attending and they weren't even looking for a driver. Oh you say not everyone can offord 2 build suspension, power, and dressup bullsh!t it's called dedication. I'm not saying everyone here is not dedicated but some could do a better job at it. Example Tarzan Yamada use 2 go hungry for days at a time because he needed 2 buy part's for his car 2 get ready for an event before he went pro in Japan. No one here is in need of going hungry 2 buy part's but some could spare a couple of dollers 2 do so. I for example work construction for a living I hate it with a passion but I know that I can buy part's for my 240 feed my family and save for a house and a buissness in the future. Alot of you guy's live with your parents and don't pay sh!t so why not take your ultimate goal more seriously. Some people think drifting is about skill and thats it, my friends that stopped being true in Japan like 5 years ago if you look at the people that have been going pro as of late they have had nice dressed up cars the only way you can hope 2 go pro with a sh!tty looking ride is if you have a drift car that no one else has like bubba drift and his Elcamino, let's be honest anyone can drift a 240 so for u 2 shine over the rest your car most be presentable. Some people think that sponsers just step in and give you a $100,000 driftcar and say go crazy with it, reallity check Nadine Toyoda can out drift anyone in this forum and she only has parctial sponserships and she is a girl and has 5yrs drift experiance. We have 2 stop living in the clouds if we want the scene 2 come here we have 2 give the sponsers eyecandy. If not no one is ganna wanna pay $9,000 dollers 2 rent homestead speedway. Now if your goal is 2 just drift for fun disregared this whole thread.

gk_structure_pkg.jpg

That being said..... after 10 minutes decifering that single paragraph bible, I agree with a lot of what you have to say.

- Erick
PS: Nadine sucks and she has 3 years of experience. Check out Yoshie, first woman to make it in Formula D's Top 16.

rwdrift said:
gk_structure_pkg.jpg

That being said..... after 10 minutes decifering that single paragraph bible, I agree with a lot of what you have to say.

- Erick
PS: Nadine sucks and she has 3 years of experience. Check out Yoshie, first woman to make it in Formula D's Top 16.

+1

lol I said the same thing to him his first day on the forum.

I kind of agree everyone up here in ct. has there cars all decked out...I guess I gotta take that one step up...

Id be more than happy to "step up" as you say. Would you be willing to pay my rent, utilities, food, supplies, and anything else real life takes up. Who here can really put their full paycheck into their car. If I lived at home with my parents, my car would look just as good as yours does.....even better. Some or most people just cant do it. They would rather slide what they have, and dream about being in FD

That sounded pretty harsh didnt it... Im just saying that you are asking alot I think. Skill level plays alot in to how well the car is built. I 100% outdrove my car yesterday at a high speed autocross event. I flat out performed better than my car could keep up with. Now is the time I need to upgrade to better suspension, and a few other things. However 3-4 months ago, this car would have been more than worthy for me.

I really could care what my car looks like when im at an event. Im out there to have a great time, and push myself. If I get noticed by a company, then I will take into consideration that I am promoting something else than myself. Until then, I will do what I can.

I saw your Z at a Hialeah event. I got excited when I saw it. I thought you had a pretty decent looking car. However I quickly lost interest when I figured out that car wouldnt step foot onto the track. You dont get an opportunity to get to many events, yet you have all the time and money to dress it up. In my honest opinion, I think you have the process backwards. I have never seen or heard of you sliding ANYWHERE. I really hope your skills can keep up with your graphics. If they cant, then you have lost even more respect from me. Take that as you want.

I really didnt want this reply to become a flame, but the more I thought about it, the more what I said came out. We have quite a few people in SFL who CAN make it into FD. They didnt get this way with a pretty car. They poured everything they could into getting the car to work for them. I dont think they thought "hey if I slide well today, I will become sponsored" I think they did it for personal reasons.

I myself dont think I could handle a professional drifting career. I hate politics! The day someone tells me what to do with my car, is the day I lose all personal interest in this sport. Im in this for me, and to help out my fellow drifters.

Dude EXACTLY, what I wanted to say^^^^......All I Need is MONEY, another thing you did'nt add in, is ****ing POWER...3rd gear drifts, thats what gets you noticed, everybody can drift in 2nd gear, and I think its B/S that everyone on this ****ing site is "trying" to make something happen, **** this ****, DO IT, You honestly think that some of us arnt putting forth the effort? I'm NOT ready for Formula D, My car ISNT ready for Formula D, I'm firm believer that you learn your car, great, when you add another part(if its doing whats its sopose to do and installed right) it changes the car and you have to learn alittle bit even more. MONEY thats the biggest reason, I dont live with my damn parents, so the little money I have dose go into my car, but to make a drift car how I want it dosnt take 500 bucks to make, ROLLCAGE ok yea Im going to stick a rollcage into a 80% stock car? I'd rather use it on something useful, rollcage will be close to last on my list, you know when I think I'm ready for Formula D.........

Last edited:
hell i cant even afford to have a drift car right now, ive been hiching drives in other peoples cars

Back
Top Bottom