Of course, something has to go wrong

240SicknessX said:
if your distributor is positioned the other direction you are advanced, too far advanced and you will loose power because of detonation. The power coming in and out sounds very familiar to a car i rode in when his timing was too advanced. try bumping it back a little bit and see how it feels. (i would much rather you try to time it correctly.... you can also examine the sparkplugs for advanced ignition, fyi.
kinda off topic but would advancing yur timng to much would make yur egts higher? :confused:

No. Retarding the timing will increase EGT's. With retarding your timing your afr is also changed. Retarded timing with richen the afr, advancing timing will shift more towards a lean condition. From my observations and watching total timing while datalogging afr on a pull, a degree of timing equals about .3 afr. (this number can be different car to car). A more retarded timing will allow more of the fuel to be burnt outside the combustion chamber in the exhuast path. A more advanced timing will burn the fuel more effeciently, increasing miles per gallon. You can loose power from being too lean (although not at the point of detonation yet), if too rich you will loose power also, this just one of the happy mediums tuners have to find when dialing in for optimum power and effeciency.

blah blah blah there is more information about the subject.

so one80, got any more **** to talk about? update....

Back
Top Bottom