Of course, something has to go wrong

Phil @ Aero K

AK's V.P.
Driver
Well since my car was running good for the past couple days i just new something had to go wrong, cuz that is just how it is with my car, and it happend about 15 mins ago. Im coming home on the highway and when i get off i noticed my car doesnt idle and its runnin mad rich and black smoke is coming out and i have to rev it to idle and its going from about 1500 to about 200 RPM. So im like wtf! i thought one of my intake hoses just came off from the right side intake install i just did, so i managed to get home and theres a sh1t load of black smoke pooring out my exhaust and i open my hood and my distrubutor is smoking bad and i hear like a clicking noise coming from it. I checked all the plug wires and they look ok. The intake pipes are fine but the distrubutor is smoking and clicking. My guess, i fried my distributor......any help? and to why this would happen? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i duno mang ,but if yur dizzy is smokin i'd putta new cap and rotor and i gotta dizzy ill let u try if that dont work

yea i think im just ganna replace the whole distrubutor and see what happens cuz it has to be it, lemme hol dat dizzy rih duh! (can i borrow your distrubitor) lol

Ahh not again lol. Well, just about any car thats driven hard will have its share of problems. If your still havin this problem by the weekend, you can probably come over again. We'll hopefully be installing my new clutch over the weekend, so I'll be home.

The Redline 03 said:
Ahh not again lol. Well, just about any car thats driven hard will have its share of problems. If your still havin this problem by the weekend, you can probably come over again. We'll hopefully be installing my new clutch over the weekend, so I'll be home.

haha your the man! ill hit u up soon

u sure u had good grounds on everything after the battery install? i dont know how that would affect it but it is possible

o yea, cuz i mean everything was running perfect for about 4 or 5 days, and then one day on the highway.......BAM!

lmao you guys crack me up, yea i would probably blow a SR up at orlando thats why im staying with my trusty KA...yea i fixed everything...apparently water got in my 1st spark plug whole when i washed my engine bay and made it run like shiz, but i dont know why teh dizzy was smoking, anywho, i dried it all the spark plug cylinders out and changed my spark plugs and it runs fine but i think i messed something up with my timing or my dizzy cuz my motors acting wierd, it like goes in and out of power, it almost feels like my clutch is going and its not gettin the power down but its not, cuz it holds in 5th at low RPMs but idk, and it feels like im always like 500 RPM above normal when im driving except at idle....so yea idk any ideas?

:eek:
ONE80ESSEX said:
lmao you guys crack me up, yea i would probably blow a SR up at orlando thats why im staying with my trusty KA...yea i fixed everything...apparently water got in my 1st spark plug whole when i washed my engine bay and made it run like shiz, but i dont know why teh dizzy was smoking, anywho, i dried it all the spark plug cylinders out and changed my spark plugs and it runs fine but i think i messed something up with my timing or my dizzy cuz my motors acting wierd, it like goes in and out of power, it almost feels like my clutch is going and its not gettin the power down but its not, cuz it holds in 5th at low RPMs but idk, and it feels like im always like 500 RPM above normal when im driving except at idle....so yea idk any ideas?
its cursed
j/k

your timing looks like its in the correct place ? and your distributor bolts are tighened down correct? did you mess with the distributor taking it apart or anything like that ?

actually the bolt that holds it is all the way to the right but i think thats how me n my friend did it when we retimed it for my cams, and i noticed the other day that i only have the top bolt, the bottom ones missing and i dont know how long thats been that way, but the dist isnt loose, so idk. But im ganna time it again 2mrw night and see if it fixes anything and im ganna change MAFs cuz im idling a little weird and i think theres coolant on the maf plug :eek: my cars a mess i know lol

smokey, make sure you have your timing light on 4 cylinder and you are at 700 rpms........ if you happen to have it on 2 cylinder and you looked at your timing at 20degrees BTDC it will actually show you twice the amount of ignition cycles on the light then what are being registered........... blah blah blah if your top distributor bolt is at the right of its adjustment range then you have your timing very very retarded, like for 12 psi of boost currently.... (me)

distributor.jpg

the red is the range of adjustment, if you have it where the bolt is at the right side of the range of adjustment then you have your timing quite retarded. recheck your timing, it should be somewhere in the middle. :)

240SicknessX said:
smokey, make sure you have your timing light on 4 cylinder and you are at 700 rpms........ if you happen to have it on 2 cylinder and you looked at your timing at 20degrees BTDC it will actually show you twice the amount of ignition cycles on the light then what are being registered........... blah blah blah if your top distributor bolt is at the right of its adjustment range then you have your timing very very retarded, like for 12 psi of boost currently.... (me)

distributor.jpg

the red is the range of adjustment, if you have it where the bolt is at the right side of the range of adjustment then you have your timing quite retarded. recheck your timing, it should be somewhere in the middle. :)

lmao! i love the illustration, its the other way though, but it does feel like its retarded

if your distributor is positioned the other direction you are advanced, too far advanced and you will loose power because of detonation. The power coming in and out sounds very familiar to a car i rode in when his timing was too advanced. try bumping it back a little bit and see how it feels. (i would much rather you try to time it correctly.... you can also examine the sparkplugs for advanced ignition, fyi.

Back
Top Bottom