New drift event area (continued from last forum)

I didn't know Ter-Tech might have an event in West Palm. Do you know what city? About the pics of the area I remember the original poster of this subject had pics maybe he could repost them up here for everyone to see again. There isn't much foot traffic if any around there just cars on sunrise and 411. I see what your saying about how we might cause an accident because cars on the road would watch us but that really wouldn't be our fault but I'm sure they would find a way to blame us. Something can be done I seen that same problem in some mall parking lot events(Autocross mostly) and they still had events there.

Ter-Tech will be having events in West Palm Beach in some huge parking lot.

There may not be a lot of foot traffic around Sunrise and 441, however remember drifting = noise = attention = people gathering.

But so far everyone seems optimistic of working their way around problems so maybe this could work out at some point.

yea...i was also thinking what about perry airport or another one of those small airports...im sure they have a huge lot they wouldnt mind letting us have a competition on!

Im just gonna through this out there cause I hear they do it in Cali for alot of events in mall parking lots and it tends to smooth out the whole process. Hold up, gotta put on my flame suit... We could get the cops involved. They've been doing it on the west coast for years. The cops will sponsor events in mall parking lots, usually drag racing. They even bring out crazy supped up camaros and crown vics and race against any one who wants to go up against them. Just something to consider, and it might solve some insurance problems.

Damn seeing or doing a tandem with a cop (crown vic., etc) car next to you would be great in a weird way lol. It actually shows them and just people overall we aren't immature punks. I think it would be hard though to have their support. I do remember seeing a cop ride shotgun with Imamura in the Apexi FD and his face when he got out was priceless.

I was looking into the place awhile back, Ive got a good sponsor for the event as I stated a few months back. BUT! the asphalt at that place is not very good at all. Youll eat up tires dirty style. (why i didnt look further into the event) Im looking into moroso's skid pad, its small but my friends tom (owner of speed indoor) and Chip (owner of mustangs and miatas) have some pull with moroso and we may be able to do it at a decent price. It would be a technical track unlike hialeah.

damn we got to gert some of you peeps at the meets and brainstorm cus you all got some good idea....as a driver you all got my support any evetn you guys put down ima drive in it!. and plus like guilio stated before hand the cop thing might not be a bad idea. cus the cops can provide the security we need. and if the cops say we can do it then we can do it! :D

Yeah I don't really care where the events are I just want more of them so I can get more seat time. It would be great to have one in Moroso, the next Ter-Tech event they I believe are looking into, Drift Day at Ocala and maybe that place at Sunrise and 411. The more the better I say.

I see allot of good ideas.. If you guys need help putting together a package for potential sponsors let me know.. I do motion graphics, as well as dvd authoring and all the other computer graphics stuff.. A nicely presented DVD presentation could blow them away further than some print outs .. COUNT ME IN!!

Hey guys take look of the parking lot at hollywood and 441 behind the Millenium mall that is closed. plenty of space, away from the public road and nothing is going on there now

yeah millenium mall might be a good place cause if u look into to it they need all the money they can get and they usually have car shows and **** there so it would be an ok place to have an event

How could I forget? Yes, there was some Harley Davidson event recently and my friend Will (phase_s13) discovered that all you need is their (whoever seems to own the lot) permission! It's huge, and hell, if you wanted to organize it, we can make the whole lot one long technical track (though its not a practical concept if we're just gonna drift).

Last edited:
**** it i say each person on the forum buys one bag of cement, we'll go out on pines right before us 27 in the wooded areas , we'll use our 240's (with ka motors cuz u need the tourqe) to knock down the trees n then we'll lay down the cement n let it sit for a couple of days and there u go problem solved

I Agree....having Some Kind Of Staff Wearing Visible Markings ...so People Feel Safe In Some Way Is A Good Thing And I Think All Of U Would Agree If We Made This Some Kind Of Large Event In Order To Draw Attencion In The Media And Other Cities We Have A Better Chance Of Mabe Getting Our Sport Some Recognition And Legitimacy...and Mabe Some Official Sponsorships....................anything At All That U Guys Need Let Me Know Im There.....i Might Be Able To Get A Nextel Sponsorship...

alibaba said:
**** it i say each person on the forum buys one bag of cement, we'll go out on pines right before us 27 in the wooded areas , we'll use our 240's (with ka motors cuz u need the tourqe) to knock down the trees n then we'll lay down the cement n let it sit for a couple of days and there u go problem solved
hmmmm......

This is aqward.

millenium mall is the ****, that would be an excellent place for an event. very technical...Just who is going to do the research on the insurance and what not???

Yeah millenium mall sounds like a good idea, and more now with no more Ter-Tech Hialeah Speedway events, we need something quick, I don't wanna make those trips to Ocala or Olando with my own car to.....drift. Not a good idea if you're thinking of driving the same car that you just raped back home.

Yea true, at least it's affordable to tow your vehicle home from the Millenium or Hialeah Speedway--- but from Ocala? Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom