New drift event area (continued from last forum)

*****es I have it worse than ALL of you. If my car dies or is disfigured severely..... I have a 4 hr trip home to Key West. Orlando makes 6.......... OCALA MAKES 12ish!!!!

Lets do it fast and furious style...block the streets get some police radios and Ill be the guy that says, we got a 187 cops are everywhere, we are good to go. Ill even badge the Camry as a Skyline and put a Playskool driving wheel on the left side. Im down guys, for serious. :D

kwkouki said:
*****es I have it worse than ALL of you. If my car dies or is disfigured severely..... I have a 4 hr trip home to Key West. Orlando makes 6.......... OCALA MAKES 12ish!!!!
12 hours is too long to hold the Supra in 5th gear. Just going to the collage is a pain.

i think it be a good idea if we had people to watch...cuz it problay be exspensive dont u think...and we should have a different color wrist band for the pits and another for watchers...

someone make a list of all the ideas and then just add on to it.

My Bad Guys I Slipped With My Reply........i Was Like Half Asleep And Forgot Wat I Was Replying To..........................well Anyways Good Ideas Ans I Can Problably Still Get That Nextel Sponsorship Let Me No Wat U Guys Think

And Theres A Used Tire Shop About 20 Seconds Away From The Mall Not To Mention All The Ghetto Auto Shops On 441....ooohhh And The Xxx Store Wat More Could U Ask For....its The Perfect Event Spot......lets Duit

kwkouki said:

I dunno what kind of detour you're taking, but Ocala is an hour and 1/2 from Orlando.

see he drifts the whole way up you know like a car taking 1:00 to run Tsukuba taking 1:50 ;)

This is Suaknee, too lazy to switch usernames...steves got the remember me checked...
well anyway sorry we haven't been workin on gettin this spot...Too Busy with Shirts...
As much as I love to have an event there...I gotta pay the bills ya know...The Shirts
is keepin barely keepin food in my mouth, right now. I still haven't loss the will though.
For those who want to see pics of the spot... Here ya go:

http://usera.imagecave.com/suaknee/441sunrise/

Those are the photos I remember. I love looking at them and day dreaming how it would be to drift there (legally). Pay those bills man, go to DDay and sell shirts there. I'm guessing that would be a good market, if the shirts are car related. Like everything work hard man, who knows you can be the next Pacific-Rim shirt company. You know you got support down here.

How about somebody get in contact with the city of lauderhill via email or phone. Contact the commisoner and tell them you want to host a charity event for some cause (breast cancer, african relief, families for soldiers/veterans). I mean when it comes down to a good cause alot of times the city will back you up and even throw a little help your way! Just throw them back a litte proffesionalism and fun for the family!

I have an idea where we can go. I was at my moms house droping her off at work and I passed by office depot center. I looked in the parkin lot to see if there is space for events and I saw porches, wrxs, corvettes ext... autocrossing. Maybe they will let us hold events there. I have another idea, the parking lot of the dolphin stadium. The outer ones of the stadium are all surrounded with tall bushes so nobody can look for free but the only thing wrong with the parking lot of the dolpin stadium is that the road is really rough. The last place I saw when I was driving was the hollywood dog track. BIG open space, smooth pavement. It has a gate so people can pay to enter. What do you think?

You guys are funny. You actually WANT to attract attention. Attention = bad b/c with any attention comes people and with people comes idiots/trouble. Forget about spectators. They suck. It's a practice event. The less spectators, the better...unless I'm confused and you guys are prioritizing on making money instead of drifting.

no we just want to make it so we dont have to go through hell with the county, owners trying to get them to let us use a lot or track or whatever. We want to make ourselfves look more professional than a bunch of punk kids trying to get them to let us slide and do donuts on their land

That is simple and doesn't require car shows and hydraulic contests...be professional and don't act like children.

All I have to say about this, personally, is that all I want to do is just drive my car and have fun without the fear of police intervening -- whether its in a public area or a track. In the end, for me, any publicity is a bonus; I'm there to practice my driving skills and have a good time.

shoot i just figured a charity event would help to change the image of us just being a bunch of punk kids with the community...

Back
Top Bottom