New drift event area (continued from last forum)

The Redline 03

Fierro A Fondo=Never Lift
Driver
So any news of that big open lot on sunrise and 411? I believe the original person who posted this topic had pics. I went there the other day and walked around, it really is perfect for an event. I saw signs that said "Property of Lauderhill" so I'm guessing to hold an event there someone needs to talk to that city. I think someone talked to DGTrials about it and needed some info? Well, just wanted to bring the topic back and see what happens.

it would be nice and it looks like an awesome area! like i said in the ideas section, we should could talk to the city and host an event and have it be like a charity event! it would be a nice idea and probably make it a little easier to have the city let us do it!

Like stated on the previous topic, I think that area will be more of a hit and run area than anything else. It is way too much work to make it all legit to have an event happen there. Maybe if DGTrials or some big organization has the resources for it.... but that's a BIG maybe.

I say Hit and Run the bitch.

Lauderhill is not excatly a rich city, so this would be free money for them and the charity idea is great also. I can't remember who it was who talked to DGTrials but I think the two main things are getting the permit from the city and the cost of the K-rails. I think I can talk to my dad about getting a forklift for free or real cheap.

It was I that started the topic. I'm in touch with E30 who is talking to
Dgtrials. Well I talked to the administrative assistant of planning and zoning
of Lauderhill, and it turns out that It was an old KMart, and they still
technichally own it, and have plans for it. ( Well Its been sitting there for
how long now? ) We don't need to make changes to the place...just add a few barriers and get the paperwork and permits together...so I figure if I get in touch with them... We can make a deal, Why would they will say no?

The thing is I've been busy with College, freelance design, and starting my T-shirt designs...(look out for that) I'm juggling it all.

I'll see what happenens...its all for you guys.

Yeah I reposted this topic hoping the orginal person who posted it would read it. Like you said that place has be abandoned for awhile. I remember being in high school and driving by it and still being empty. I'll help any way I can. I really can't see why they would say no like you said. Just keep us infromed of anything would love to practice there.

its wayy too open to charge people for spectator entrance. You couldnt see much from outside the gates of hialeah, thus people paid the 5$ and extra revenue is made. This place is right off the 441 exit from sunrise, There is only a sidewalk seperating the "open area" from public streets. At Hialeah the crowd has someplace to go where they are contained, around the outside of the oval or in the blechers. Containing spectators in this area, isnt going to work. Plus there is nothing to protect the spectators from a car that could "loose control". The circle track boundries do that.

240SicknessX said:
its wayy too open to charge people for spectator entrance. You couldnt see much from outside the gates of hialeah, thus people paid the 5$ and extra revenue is made. This place is right off the 441 exit from sunrise, There is only a sidewalk seperating the "open area" from public streets. At Hialeah the crowd has someplace to go where they are contained, around the outside of the oval or in the blechers. Containing spectators in this area, isnt going to work. Plus there is nothing to protect the spectators from a car that could "loose control". The circle track boundries do that.

Yes, so we obviously cannot rely on spectators to pay for this event. What we could do is charge people for rides with the best drifters and whatnot. (Insurance permitting)

Also, if we could get some sort of sponsorship, we could just put up 100 banners alongside the sidewalk from the sponsors granted they provide us with the banner and some extra cash to make this work. Just a thought being thrown out... maybe its skeptical, but we can work on it.

That is true but there would have to be enough gap between where the k-rails would be and the sidewalk that people could walk around and see the action. I'm guessing all spectators would have to be wearing some type wristband to show that they paid to watch, it can't be a free show for people. People can get a glimpse of whats going on but if they want to see better they would have to pay up. I think $5 is not bad. I've seen a few autocrosses in mall parking lots and stadium lots. The people in those events can watch without problems and is safe.

The problem is not having a separate space for the spectators.... the problem is that this "separate" space would be 5ft from the sidewalk, and NOTHING would be covering the view of a pedestrian off the sidewalk.

Who would pay $5, for as low as that could be, to just be able to stand 5ft closer to the action?

If this were to be a true event, the drivers will have to pay for it all. Hopefully we can get some sponsors to help out in the cost... otherwise the costs will rests solely on the drivers. Just like Ter-Tech's private sessions..... 5-6 drivers... no spectators. It isnt cheap, but the seat time you must get must be absurd.

Well thats a good point but there would have to be a sign or many signs around the area saying "Enter at your own risk" very visible for the spectors for insurance reasons. In the Ter-Tech events people have to sign a waiver. You cant get people randomly walking around without something like that. Yeah, I dont mind it being a drivers only event basically making it a free viewing for the people, a lot of legal seat time would be very nice. Give the people a free sample and have them hooked.

Well you wouldnt have people walking in and out. At least not where we would make the paddock where only drivers and maybe the close friends (aka pit crew) and the track is at. That could not be allowed period and we would have to enforce that somehow.

The "enter at your own risk" idea seems like it wouldnt work.... anyone that wants to bring this to a court case will say that we're giving them the chance to enter... which we really arent. They want to watch? Fine. Stay behind the "GET THE **** OUT" sign.

We just need some people working as the event staff to kinda be the guard of the entrance and in desinated areas around the K-rails keeping an eye on things. We need something like a only wristband can enter type thing (only drivers and "pit crew" and staff would have them).Then there has to be something saying its a "Private Event. No Tresspassing!" sign. If they want to watch they can watch from the side walk.

Exatcly. Give out a red flag a person in every corner and in case some idiot tries to be funny and jump on the track we'd have to give out the red flag. Then we get 5-10 guys to take down that idiot and make an example out of him (hang the mothe****er!)

But really.... we just have to find a good way to keep everyone out and not tempt the idiots to jump in. It would suck to have to stop every 5 seconds because idiots keep jumping in.

This sounds good, but because of the risk associated with an event like this it might be a little hard to do if we cant get a bigger organization involved. But if things start to fall together I can get 2 sponsors right off the bat and I can think off a few more who might be interested. I also know some guys who can work legitamite security. A proffesional outfit might ease some of the safety concerns the city and owners might have and the insurer may require it. I havent seen the site, but some sort of safety walls are a must. No one is gonna okay it with out them. Also some bleachers could act as a barrier for anybody trying to get a free show, but again I haven't seen the site so I cant be sure and cost could start to become an issue at this point. Maybe, if the lot is big enough, we could combine this with a car show and hydraulic contest. It would attract more people and more vendors and that means more money.

That sounds awsome! BTW What's you name?

Anyhow, I think the first step is for someone to drive through the area with a digital camera and take some good pictures of the place so we have something to show people such as sponsors, security, insurance companies and even the city of lauderhill. You really dont want to be like "yeah that area over there" and have them picture in their minds what it looks like.

Organized is the key here.

The names Giulio. I agree we need to organize to get this thing rolling and pictures are a must. Some ones got to take care of that first thing before any of this can really come together. Also, wouldn't the guys over a TerTech know some of the details on putting together something like this? Maybe one of them could chime in on this and give us some type of idea off what we r getting into.

I think the forum discussed this already back in March when Chelsea (ienjoydrifting) was trying to organize an event himself.

The borderline for an event is the insurance. That is what kills that cost. Ter-Tech is a shop so therefore they can use their own insurance at the track.... but we dont have a shop. Maybe if Ter-Tech want to lend a hand that'd work, but they seem to have a huge open parking lot already in West Palm Beach that they are planning to use for the next couple of events.

I think the fact that this is right alongside the road makes it a lot harder because of the chances of other things that a closed place like Hialeah Speedway or Flagler Park dont have. I would hate to be blamed for a 10 car accident because drivers would stop to look at us drifting while they should be driving.

Nice to meet you Giulio, I'm Erick.

Back
Top Bottom