NEED HELP!!! SR20DET SPUTTERING UNDER BOOST

dreadbolt12

Driver
Hey guys.. well i just finished my SR swap about a month ago and everything was running perfect. All i had done to the car is an eBay fmic kit with BOV and a Walbro 255 fuel pump... its as stock as they come running stock boost as well.....Well today i went to go install a boost gauge that I got from the shop an i did everything like i was supposed to.. i T'd off from the FPR and when i started the car everything was running normal, it wasnt untill i took the car for a drive around the block that i noticed it was sputtering under heavy throttle/ boost. At first i thought it was the rev limiter cuz i was driving hard but then i noticed it was doin it at around 4k RPMs (right when it hits boost) so i changed out the hose with the T to another hose i had laying around.. thinking it would fix the sputter i drov it again around the block and its still doin the same shit, even in a low gear flooring it it starts to sputter but I still hear the BOV and it sounds fine. ALSO when the car is parked and i rev the motor it revs just fine, its only when i drive it that it flips a shitt.. ALSO cars been parked for about a week idk if that could affect anything... thx

Boost leak!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Maf is fine as it revs fine while parked and bad gas isn't likely only sat for a week

EBay BOV do leak so check that out sounds like load and fuel put the fpr back how you had it t-off you boost gauge some where's else. Vac/boost form of the motor measuring load fpr adjust fuel for it since it the only thing you said you touched try that out.

Hey guys so after countless hours of researching and looking i finally fixed the problem, turned out to be the coil packs... I had replaced the spark plugs, checked and re-tightened all the hose clamps and still nothing till i realized one of the coils had a crack in it and seemed a bit melted. Well i just wanted to say that i fixed it in case someone else had a similar problem.

Back
Top Bottom