navy

500sx

I PAINT???
Driver
just wondering if it is a good choice to go to the navy.yah the pay is good but im going in for a non military ground mechanic if any one on here has been in the navy for this can someone give me advice of how it was for them

imagine a military life style if you think u can handle it do it if not don't because its not easy getting out by any means i joined the army and for reasons i wont explain due to length i almost drove myself crazy trying to get kicked out, witch happened and now i want to go back for what i originally picked and got screwed out of because it was chill living the army lifestyle and i liked it not as a full time career but something to pass the time with and get benefits and good life experiences from. If i don't get a good job with a year of graduating from MMI i am going back to the army because i loved it contrary to what people may think due to my crazy ass posts back when i was going partially insane trying to get kicked out....its actually pretty weird i made videos of myself during that time because i knew i was going nuts and i watched them after i got out and could stop acting crazy and i was like HOLY SHIT i should have gone in to acting because damn i was good i couldn't believe it was me but it was taking a toll on me mentally because the act had to go on 24/7 except for when i was alone witch if you join you'll find out is not that often

lol i dropped out of school because i knew what i would end up doing in life working on cars because of my dad and i worked on getting my ged and i thought i would try the military mainly for the pay and im being stationed in japan so it works both ways and also they said i can import one vehicle from there for free when i come back i leave in july and im 17 and i wanna get out at 25

lol i dropped out of school because i knew what i would end up doing in life working on cars because of my dad and i worked on getting my ged and i thought i would try the military mainly for the pay and im being stationed in japan so it works both ways and also they said i can import one vehicle from there for free when i come back i leave in july and im 17 and i wanna get out at 25

damn u had some good luck watch u end up liking it like my uncle who joined at 17 and retired at 45 to make a long story short he was the reason i ended up with the job i hab and the place i got stationed and pretty much the reason i "quit" witch is the main reason i want to go back:mad: to do things the way i planned them originally with the job i picked

goto the navy bro the seem to be more chill and you dont have to be military status you choose your job and you can recommend to be in the area of your choice

^ sounds like your recruiter is lieing to you, don't believe anything those guys say.

ya dude, if you want navy info call me. honestly, the navy isnt horrible, but its the military and dont let anyone tell you its anymore chill than any other branch. just because all of us arent playing on the front lines doesnt mean we arent disciplined. the pay isnt good, its simply nice for medical insurance, retirement, and if you have no bills you tend to make enough to live comfortably. however unless you are married i hope you have no ideas about having any freedom!! pm or text me 5613517717 and ill tell you everything you want to know

Last edited:
so im sure posting that you lied to get out of the military is a smart thing to do on the public internet. try it on the private internet, oh wait they dont make that.

and i dont know who is telling you about japan and car stuff, but you have no control over where they send you!!! they say its the needs of the navy, so your recruiter is a liar. also, they will pay to ship a car back here if you are there for so long and i believe you have to be E-5 or above, but somebody correct me if im wrong. but you still need to go through customs and do all the titling and everything on your own. getting the car shipped isnt peoples problem, its getting it through customs as japans safety laws are vastly different than ours

Last edited:
and i dont know who is telling you about japan and car stuff, but you have no control over where they send you!!! they say its the needs of the navy, so your recruiter is a liar. also, they will pay to ship a car back here if you are there for so long and i believe you have to be E-5 or above, but somebody correct me if im wrong. but you still need to go through customs and do all the titling and everything on your own. getting the car shipped isnt peoples problem, its getting it through customs as japans safety laws are vastly different than ours

It's the same in all military. They'll ship only ONE vehicle to your PCS. Permanent change of station. You can even be a non rate or an e-3. But like he ^ stated. Military only let's you place dream sheets. Meaning places you would LIKE to go. In the end it falls on the navy/army/coastguard/airforce/marines and all military needs. Pay for me is great. It really depends on your situation. I'm single,young, and don't got shit to worry about. So look into more.read online. And rarely ever trust your recruiter.

Yeah what job you have is also a big factor of where you get stationed, not all career fields are at all bases or even if they are it doesn't mean there are a lot of them.

Like my job is at every airforce base in the world BUUUUUTT the Base I want to go to the most (yokota -japan) only has 6 people there that do my job. Annnd everyone wants that base so i have pretty much no chance of getting stationed there.

I mean like I took a remote tour (south korea) to get out of the stateside base i was at and go overseas, they let you pick a follow-on or the next base you go after your remote but you have to put a bunch of choices, you probly wont get your number one unless its a shit hole that people are trying to get out of. They are gonna put you where they need people. I am so thankful that I got Ramstein as my next base. They could have ignored my follow-on and sent me back to shaw and I would have been really pissed.

Also Rank has a alot to do with shipping cars, certain countries or area's you need to be over a certain rank to ship a car. In south korea to ship a car here or from here you need to be an E7 or above. To be able to own a car you need to be a E5 and you have to go through a bunch of bullshit for them to allow you to have it. Idk how bases in japan do it but there are different rules where ever you go.

Last edited:
exactly like they said^ you fill out a dream sheet, and its exactly as it sounds. you say i wanna go to one of these 3 places or whatever, and they say, well those are all highly requested places, so no.....or if you wanna go to somewhere shitty that no one else wants, you will probably get it. but dont get your mind set on going anywhere man, because your just gonna be dissapointed. there was an entire class of ppl that just left here, requesting places all over the world, and every single one of them went to guam....... simply cuz they needed ppl there

Last edited:
I joined the "muppet navy" once. This commercial did it for me.

[yt]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6EOtuhOZWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6EOtuhOZWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]

Last edited:
Basically, ask anyone who is or has been in. I leave for AF BMT at the end of August with the total mindset to get screwed over and my ass kicked. Then, if you go in with shitty ideas, then it cant get much worse... dont quote me on that because it probably can. But hey, you never know... and like they said, any base that is really wanted, you probably wont get, I do have a friend that got lucky and got stationed in Japan as his first base... but like i said... he was LUCKY.

exactly like they said^ you fill out a dream sheet, and its exactly as it sounds. you say i wanna go to one of these 3 places or whatever, and they say, well those are all highly requested places, so no.....or if you wanna go to somewhere shitty that no one else wants, you will probably get it. but dont get your mind set on going anywhere man, because your just gonna be dissapointed. there was an entire class of ppl that just left here, requesting places all over the world, and every single one of them went to guam....... simply cuz they needed ppl there

Hey from what I hear Guam is pretty awesome. But yeah, on my dream sheet I put 8 bases that were all overseas and I ended up getting stuck in south carolina. The only reason I was able to get out of there is because I volunteered to go to South Korea since they always need people here since its only a 1 year tour.

ya im not able to be stationed overseas after goin to OIC Mast, but its whatever im pretty confident im goin to San Diego considering thats where most ET "C" schools are. but im gonna try for DDG 53, the USS John Paul Jones. a small boy is the only way to go!

Basically, ask anyone who is or has been in. I leave for AF BMT at the end of August with the total mindset to get screwed over and my ass kicked. Then, if you go in with shitty ideas, then it cant get much worse... dont quote me on that because it probably can. But hey, you never know... and like they said, any base that is really wanted, you probably wont get, I do have a friend that got lucky and got stationed in Japan as his first base... but like i said... he was LUCKY.

Hey did you get a guaranteed job or are you going in as an open? If you want to go to yokota or really any awesome base and have a low deployment rate go for a job that involves heavy lift aircraft. C-130's, C-17's, or C-5's. Air lift bases are the shit and I cant go to most of them because most of them do not have bomb dumps or they only have like 4 ammo troops working there. I got lucky with my next assignment is an airlift base but its also a Ammo Depot. Hell if you do that you might end up at ramstein with me that would be awesometown.

Last edited:
LOL Your recruiter must have read you for a dumbass and just said "Yea yea we'll get you to Japan! Oh yes! You can bring a car too! Please sign here here and here and now I can have another mark on my quota this month!".

LOL Your recruiter must have read you for a dumbass and just said "Yea yea we'll get you to Japan! Oh yes! You can bring a car too! Please sign here here and here and now I can have another mark on my quota this month!".

lol

Back
Top Bottom