my question thread =)

wats up guys i decided to post up my owm personal question thread to ask u guys a few questions about drifting:bigthumbu

here are a few.....

is it better to drift with or without power steering?

i hear that it is easier to get into the sport by getting into autocross.....what events in south florida are down here for autocross i cant find any?? lol.....

whats a good first car to start with that wont be a high budget?....gettin payed shit due to the fact im in high school and 17 lol...

ima start with these first few questions....

this is an opinion answer for u guys not a fact ok :D....

is it better to drift with or without power steering?
Powersteering is your friend in Drifting...

i hear that it is easier to get into the sport by getting into autocross.....what events in south florida are down here for autocross i cant find any?? lol.....
I'd suspect so.. AutoX is great for car control which I could see being beneficial to drifting

whats a good first car to start with that wont be a high budget?....gettin payed shit due to the fact im in high school and 17 lol...
Get on the bandwagon.. 240SX's are great cars to slide with and are fairly inexpensive with great aftermarket support

Hope that Helps

put your flame suit on...
flame_suit.jpg

listen to this guy.
p/s = yes
autox is a good start. but you can just come out and we have instructors who help you.
and a 240 is the cheapest you can go.

its all in driver preference really

i slide without power steering but have slid with it. in a 240 i liked power steering but in my supra i like the lack of it.

i started in AutoX it teachs you alot of car control and how to find the race line. They have autoX at PBIR (moroso) down in the keys and at almost any track down here you just have to find whos hosting the events.

Get a 240 its the easiest car to drift hands down. A pretty much stock 240 with coilovers and a welded diff with a few bolt ons to the motor to get more power and your car will slide great.

can u guys explain what lsd does? and how much better it helps u?

what got u into drifting?

any places that are good to learn how to drift?

LSD = limited slip differential (or cheap Weld an open diff)
*helps by keeping both wheels spinning at the same speed. this will stablize the car in a slide better, give smoother transitions, and allow for more acceleration. without one of these, only one wheel would get power at a time and cause a less predictable drift/transition situation.

video games and sweet internt video

well now that there are events 2 times a month and more, goto events. there is no need to wreck/get arrested on the streets.

-goto events BEFORE you even are driving in them and just ask questions and learn. that way when you get a car you know what things you can do set it up. the easiest and zero cost mod you can learn about is simple TIRE PRESSURE adjustments. makes a world of difference once you know the basics.

You have to do research on your own instead of asking people to spoon feed you the answers. Google drifting and the wikipedia page alone is a great start. With that said, the best way to learn is to get involved. Go to the any meet or event and don't be afraid to ask. Some people think they drifted right out of their mom's womb into the world, but the majority will be helpful. Autocross is awesome because it's technical and as far as I know Equip Rapide (google that) runs the SCCA sanctioned events here in Miami, but you can skip that and go directly into drifting by attending skidpad events and going for ride alongs. Best of luck man.

You have to do research on your own instead of asking people to spoon feed you the answers. Google drifting and the wikipedia page alone is a great start. With that said, the best way to learn is to get involved. Go to the any meet or event and don't be afraid to ask. Some people think they drifted right out of their mom's womb into the world, but the majority will be helpful. Autocross is awesome because it's technical and as far as I know Equip Rapide (google that) runs the SCCA sanctioned events here in Miami, but you can skip that and go directly into drifting by attending skidpad events and going for ride alongs. Best of luck man.

i need a spoon

the only reason people dont like to answer these questions is because its been answered 12392109481 times, thats why he is directing you to google an such.

best plan is to get out to events and be part of the community, that way when you get the car, you'll already be in it and people/friends you made will be lined up to help.

You have to do research on your own instead of asking people to spoon feed you the answers. Google drifting and the wikipedia page alone is a great start.

+fucking1

there is a reason the search feature, google, wikipedia, and pretty much the internet was invented. For posting/finding information please use it to your advantage.

www.howstuffworks.com that too check it out

Back
Top Bottom