motor started knocking, but not rod knock

nah that video isnt the exact noise my car was making, it was just similar kinda-sorta-not really

still havnt had a chance to pop the valve cover off and take a look. If i do so, do i absolutley need to re-do the RTV seal for the VC gasket? or can i just put it back on tight and be fine? the gasket was brand new when i put it on the car

nah that video isnt the exact noise my car was making, it was just similar kinda-sorta-not really

still havnt had a chance to pop the valve cover off and take a look. If i do so, do i absolutley need to re-do the RTV seal for the VC gasket? or can i just put it back on tight and be fine? the gasket was brand new when i put it on the car

i do have rtv seals for my vc i think you should be fine. idk in my opinion you should be fine

I had an s13 with the same knocking issue but I listened to the noise with a long screw driver on the motor with the car running and the other end up to my ears.And basically moved it around until I found out what it could be....It was the timing chain guides.One ended up breaking so ended up repairing it and now knock is gone.lol

since i cant do it myself.

option 2, replace bearing with an oversized bearing to accommodate for the gap between the rod and the crankshaft. not recommended for revving engines over 6000 rpm. chance of working past 6 months= around 1% lol again.

And you dont know what your talking about.

Running a turned crank and bigger than stock bearings is %100 normal in many race cars...

dont listen to people that dont know wtf there talking about it sound like u have low fucking oil and the heads arent getting any oil maybe ur oil pressure regultor went bad
idk really u would have to run test

Back
Top Bottom