Miami Street Drifting.

damn guy this thread brings back the medly days.....lmao i think if im not mistaken im still banned from medly lol

All i know is that street drifting got me banned from medley and doral, bent some of my control arms etc, hence why i dont do it anymore, plus there are events pretty much every month

e30 gangsta said:
Its way more convenient

you know i got your back, but there is nothing 'convenient' about the events ive been to(not complaining, events are AWESOME), but imo street drifting takes the cake in that category.

but safe, yea. and safety is el numero uno. yea i am bilanguagual like that.

street sliding still has a place in my heart. its just so jdm.

Guillermo, if you're trying to advocate the negatives about street drifting, you're going at it the wrong way. You need to show examples of some of these negatives or talk about them. Like how

1. anxious_drifter going into the woods. Hitting curbs. Flipping upside down on the mountain road. Having to wait hours just for the tow truck to show up.
2. rwdrift fucking up his black E30 by hitting the back-end of a semi-truck.
3. JeepsteR118 almost getting into an accident by going between a tree and a pole (if i recall correctly).
4. m4nfred's infamous incident.
5. dan going airborne on the off-ramp.
6. 240SicknessX's rear-quarter panel.

And theres more but I'm not going to sit here and list them all. If you notice from the small list I pointed out, some of those guys lost their cars because of what they did. And some had to go through a bunch of legal shit like you did Guillermo.

But on the other hand, I do understand why some people still continue to street slide. I know some do it to test out their setup. Or for the thrill that they can't get from a track. Or to just go out and have fun. Thankfully some of these guys who do go out to slide are wise and know wtf to do and what not to do. Because of the fact that they've been there and back and acknowledge the consequences that goes with what they do. The ones that have little to no experience or haven't bothered to understand the consequences that go with street sliding, I fear. Those are the ones who are prone to do stupid shit. If anything, we should be trying to educate those people.

In the end, all I can hope for is that those who go out to street slide be safe and be careful.

Some last things I remembered that I forgot to add:

While some have lost their cars because from street sliding, you're still prone to lose it at the track. But atleast you won't have to worry about legal issues when crashing at the track, as you would in the street.

And IMO, street drifting isn't worth it. Not only because of what I spoke about. But because when I tried it, I couldn't really concentrate on what I was doing. I was too concerned with too many other things (the law in particular) that I couldn't peform the way I wanted to. At the track was a different story, since the only thing I had to worry about was driving.

BLADDER_MASTER said:
Guillermo, if you're trying to advocate the negatives about street drifting, you're going at it the wrong way. You need to show examples of some of these negatives or talk about them. Like how

1. anxious_drifter going into the woods. Hitting curbs. Flipping upside down on the mountain road. Having to wait hours just for the tow truck to show up.
2. rwdrift fucking up his black E30 by hitting the back-end of a semi-truck.
3. JeepsteR118 almost getting into an accident by going between a tree and a pole (if i recall correctly).
4. m4nfred's infamous incident.
5. dan going airborne on the off-ramp.
6. 240SicknessX's rear-quarter panel.

thank god im not on that list

Yea, I know a BUNCH of people that street slide and have crashed..... and crashed again. I don't think it's worth it. I street slide when I feel like it but once I crash or get a ticket for it, I'm done with it. I think one crash means, alright, you need practice and you shouldnt be on the street. Two crashes and it's like COMEON your endangering people stop it already idiot.

rwdrift said:
Yeah f*cking right. Back in the day it was the biggest free for all of life.

There are only 2-3 locations that people would spot others. Let me not even start with half the times people would just go on the streets of Broward/Dade sliding around in intersections like it was all good. Every single "O.G." here is guilty of a lot of that.

Half those videos are way old as well.... there was a point where even you sucked more than the kids those videos. (As did everyone else here)

People should go to events, undoubtedtly. But attaching that to these videos implying some sort of superiority and advice doesn't really apply to this situation.

+1

I'll still slide a nice intersection/on ramp from time to time but they've lost their novelty...I really need to get out to all of the events this year. That's my new year's resolution.

^ tear it up in that beamer man! My resolution is to drive in 6 months...... my whips got alot of work ahead.

J ROK said:
^ tear it up in that beamer man!

As always, man! I drive one dirty, dirty little man whore...and he loves when I beat the absolute shit out of him. Yes, my car is a dude.

David A said:
As always, man! I drive one dirty, dirty little man whore...and he loves when I beat the absolute shit out of him. Yes, my car is a dude.

I heared about the accident. Is the car repairable?

Back
Top Bottom