Me Drfiting at CFRC

^
LOL... maybe one day.... i'm still a n00b, this is my third event, not counting the mess that was OSW....

and i fixed it Dooms...

^
your behind!!!!! WOOT!!!

Dooms, it's in BFE, and the track, if you want to call it that is REALLY small.... fucking bad ass surface though, nice and flat, and easy on tires...

organizanion, "officials", and layout kinda sucks tho.... but fun none the less, and great for seat time...

^^^organization? officials? you basically can just go do whatever the hell you want. Its pretty sweet. but yea, def. not too big... yet. they've promised us a large section, probably at least 4 times bigger at the beginning of next year

^^^organization? officials? you basically can just go do whatever the hell you want.

what was up with the kids in hoodies, flat brimmed hats screaming "get off the track, get back, get the fuck off the track"

not to mention, staging is a joke...

yeah... i like how at Desoto, there's a guy to wave you out of the staging lanes, and flag you on the track, and flags you back, yets lets you ride the fuck out....

better than a group of kids trying to tell me to get off the track from across the track over the sound of my tires, engine and exhaust...

what was up with the kids in hoodies, flat brimmed hats screaming "get off the track, get back, get the fuck off the track"

not to mention, staging is a joke...

yeah... i like how at Desoto, there's a guy to wave you out of the staging lanes, and flag you on the track, and flags you back, yets lets you ride the fuck out....

better than a group of kids trying to tell me to get off the track from across the track over the sound of my tires, engine and exhaust...

lawlllllll

well im moving up to orlando in about a month so hopefully ill be able to be at a few of these events!

how much was it to slide?

its does leave you wanting something. bz, they usually run 'do the course then get back in line' style instead of 'run free till we flag you'. so maybe thats why they had to yell, they expected you to jsut stop on your own lol.

i did last month there, linking the little straight is the most difficult section of that course, you almost have to drop tire which they hate because it spews dirt on the drag start.

YouTube- CFRC

they were talkin craazy in the background

yeah, that announcer on the drag side was crazy/annoying as fuuuuuuuu, there's a shit ton of vatos in Orlando, so i guess they need a bilingual announcer....

should have heard the guy when dirt got tossed on the drag strip " DIRT ON ZE TRACK! DIRT ON ZE TRACK PUERTO TRACKO DIERTO TACO TRACKO DIERTO!!!"

CFRC is good for practicing for sweepers, it's not, nor can it be very technical, unless they expand the track...

still fun tho...

and alex, thanks for the compliments on my car, it's been built with a purpose, not just slapping a bunch of parts on and hoping it all works... i think it's pretty well balanced, you'll get more seat time in it in two weeks when we go back down there!!!!

although i HATED how they made you pay FULL fee as if you brought your own car, just so you could drive mine, i think that's bullshit, no one else does that, i guess they're all about that $$$ at CFRC, which is crazy cause it's not much of a track to drift on....

Last edited:
We had been trying to get you off the track for the last 3 or 4 times you came around. We were waving our arms over our heads, walking onto the track, waving shit at you. Then Finally we couldnt get you off the track so we walked out there and I yelled at you cause you were hoggin people track time. You were out there FOREVER. Great that you're practicing and getting better, but you were just straight hoggin track time.

Im not an official/ organizer there, but when people wont get off the track, it pisses all of us off.

see i didn't know who to even look for... i don't mind getting waved off when i know i'm being waved off, but it's hard to pick one guy out of a crowd of people to my left, while drifting right.

i was focusing more on driving, and my line, than a group of what looks like "spectators" hanging out on the K rail...

i think what MIGHT help is to have a flag like at Desoto, the guy waves a big yellow flag when your times up, and that's REALLY hard to miss, even from the other side of the track, and they shouldn't cost too too much... hell to make it a little easier on you guys, and since i'll be going to CFRC more often now, I'LL buy the flag, i don't mind if it helps out...

maybe alternate who waves it, since i noticed the people flagging were also driving, so maybe have another guy flag, while one guy drives...

i honestly had no idea i was being "flagged" in, and the next thing i know, someone's screaming at me...

also what MAY help a bit, is i noticed that in the consession stand, they were selling CFRC shirts, maybe the people who run these (pat, josh, and whoever else), who are the "flag men" should talk to the owners about getting a couple of those shirts to wear on track days, make it a little easier on the people like me, who don't know anyone, to know who to look for when the times up....

just a thought, that might make things run a little smoother, and make the experience more enjoyable...

like i said before tho, sorry for hogging the track, but i didn't know my time was up, and you have a tendancy to lose track of time while you're driving...

Back
Top Bottom