• Negotiate a little more

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNY D

FORZA PRO
Driver
Ok yesterday i sold my turbo to LOCKO, and him and ABE drove up from miami... originally they were supposed to buy another turbo like 20 miles north of me, but that ended up selling, so they contacted me knowing i was trying to get rid of mine... we met up and chatted for a while, before completely going through and checking everything on the turbo... Abe pulled the inlet, and elbow off to see whats up. We noticed some shaft play in and out, and also side to side... when we pulled out the flash light we also noticed some chips in the compressor wheel... the turbo came with taka oil lines, trust turbo elbow, and down pipe with a stock sr mani.. i was originally asking 500 bucks, but knowing all these problems were present ABE and LOCKO went down to the end of my driveway for a good 10 minutes and talked it over... when they came back they had come to the conclusion that they would offer me 400, and quote, "take my headache away..." so i made a few calls and decided to take the 400 and be done with it. I also said that when i pulled the turbo off of my car it was fine it spooled great and held boost and never smoked. They were asking if it smoked and how they could be sure, i said, " you know what take it, and test it out, if it smokes i will refund your money in return for the turbo..." The whole time during this sale i got to talk to locko, who is a very nice guy, and his plan from the beginning was to buy a new center cartridge and basically rebuild it. So after checking the turbo THOROUGHLY they were happy enough to do 400, and so was i.

Fast forward to today at about 12 oclock, i get a call from abe saying that locko isnt happy with the turbo and someone told him that its only gunna last like 6months. also to my surprise the compressor wheel is now getting stuck... (spun fine yesterday) dont know what happened from boynton beach to miami... but now it doesnt spin freely... they told me that they dont even want to put the turbo on the car because its not worth the trouble since abe is doing this for free. so now locko is threatening to sue me (even though that will never go anywhere in court due to it being an as is private sale) and im not sure what to do. so here is a poll and let the drama begin...

i really dont want the trouble but this isnt wallmart either, you realized what you were buying yesterday, and even negotiated me down... i know your 240 has had some bad juju in the past with people screwing you over, but im not screwing you... you realized what was wrong, and negotiated a lower price due to that so in this case i say a sale is a sale...

sincerely, Skinny D

negotiate ? danm you are a scammer.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

by the way we called you the same day regarding the turbo problem .

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

by the way we called you the same day regarding the turbo problem .

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

and by the way is call small claims.. like i said.. im done being screw over..

Lol Dj is far from a scammer u took the turbo knowing what condition it was in, looks like it is on u.

Keep the money u sold a used item in used condition if he didn't like it he shouldn't have bought it.

Lol Dj is far from a scammer u took the turbo knowing what condition it was in, looks like it is on u.

Keep the money u sold a used item in used condition if he didn't like it he shouldn't have bought it.

QFT aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd i vouch

oh so its on me is like ..." you got fucked" .. ? so childish.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

QFT aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd i vouch

i didnt know this side of you vas

vouch on djs behalf u guys looked at it at djs house correct? its not like he shipped it to you and u didnt get to see it in real life till you got it

what side sir? locko, ive met you before and i thought you were cool, and i still dont have a problem with you, but in ANY situation, when you inspect the hell out of a turbo, negotiate a price and BUY the turbo, you cant go home and realize you want the money back.

from what i understand, you KNEW what you were buying before you paid.

You even said that you were going to fix the turbo before you put it on the car.

so in my opinion, you inspected it, you bought it, its AS IS, so the problem is NOT DJs.

why cant this involve MOE? my stickers would be flying off the shelves..
I vote for skinny d drama stickers!!!! And since I know both buyer and seller, I think skinny should throw locko like $100 for the trouble(or negotiate on a price). But locko, you knew it was used and saw the shaft play so you can't be too mad. You shouldn't have spent $400 on a used turbo with shaft play, sorry man. Hope this can get solved without the law.

what side sir? locko, ive met you before and i thought you were cool, and i still dont have a problem with you, but in ANY situation, when you inspect the hell out of a turbo, negotiate a price and BUY the turbo, you cant go home and realize you want the money back.

You even said that you were going to fix the turbo before you put it on the car.

so in my opinion, you inspected it, you bought it, its AS IS, so the problem is NOT DJs.

Now the fact that Abe decided to not go thru with the install and/ or rebuild for free .. now thats a whole different story

good point

locko pm me ur # i still want that stuff from u.

btw sux about the turbo.
when it comes to me selling parts, 98% of the stuff i sale, i never refund the money since you know what your getting, the condition and etc. unless its got a defect i never knew about or its bad then usually i'll work something out depending on the severity.

i dont know how you will sue him for a used as is item that he knew was messed up... but as a nice person you could give him the money back.

I dont think you should have to give money back. He knew what he was buying, and yeah it sucks to overlook something (trust me i would know), but thats life; you make choices and you dont look back (tokyo drift reference, what whattt??)

I think that based on the detailed inspection, and his thorough understanding of the turbos condition, that the seller has no responsibility to do anything further for the buyer. The fact that the price was negotiated down as a result of the condition is proof enough.

In addition to that, we must not forget that the sale also included:
the turbo came with taka oil lines, trust turbo elbow, and down pipe with a stock sr mani..

Bet you didn't know you needed new turbos.

bwwwaaaahahahahaaaa

I think that based on the detailed inspection, and his thorough understanding of the turbos condition, that the seller has no responsibility to do anything further for the buyer. The fact that the price was negotiated down as a result of the condition is proof enough.

^^all of this

Do you guys not know you can buy new OEM S15 GT28's from Touge Factory for $640 shipped?

Bet you didn't know you needed new turbos.

bwwwaaaahahahahaaaa

^^all of this

this and that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom