Ka24de-t?????

95se5384 said:
What makes you think the cast block is any stronger than the aluminum one???
Even if the ka block was stronger when have you heard of a block failing on a car thats gonna be daily driven. Honestly people like you sound way to familiar "I like the ka-t because its a cast block and its a 2.4" some times i wonder what goes through you peoples head same as i wonder if those hondas guys really think they look cool with there stickers and euro tail light putting you on the same level, and as for the 2jz's and rb's holding more power its not because they are cast...

ok first the honda cracks.. nissan will never make a NA motor that can touch the past 5 years of honda.

now for the iron block... iron is stronger than aluminum. aluminum is lighter than iron. With high horse power and without a solid deck, walls can easily break into the water jackets. You dont have this with iron blocks because the metal is stronger. However, sr's are solid deck aluminium with iron sleves. so forget this argument for sr's. A solid deck is a solid deck unless you have like 800 HP.

now for the 2.4 L. there are stroker kits for sr's. obviously some SR owners want extra displacement because it is better. but this comes at an even worse Crank/rod ratio than the ka. You need big bores, small strokes, long rods. This sadly is not the best points for either nissan motors.

if i had the money i would build both with the same budget to finally settle the argument... that sounds like a good idea. please contribute. send monet to: 1234 nw 56 st.

the mod's should just make a new category...for sale, off topic, technical, ka VS SR...etc and post this and the other 1 million threads about it

green_machine said:
ok first the honda cracks.. nissan will never make a NA motor that can touch the past 5 years of honda.

Doesn't the SR20VE count?

green_machine said:
now for the iron block... iron is stronger than aluminum. aluminum is lighter than iron. With high horse power and without a solid deck, walls can easily break into the water jackets. You dont have this with iron blocks because the metal is stronger. However, sr's are solid deck aluminium with iron sleves. so forget this argument for sr's. A solid deck is a solid deck unless you have like 800 HP.

now for the 2.4 L. there are stroker kits for sr's. obviously some SR owners want extra displacement because it is better. but this comes at an even worse Crank/rod ratio than the ka. You need big bores, small strokes, long rods. This sadly is not the best points for either nissan motors.

if i had the money i would build both with the same budget to finally settle the argument... that sounds like a good idea. please contribute. send monet to: 1234 nw 56 st.

the mod's should just make a new category...for sale, off topic, technical, ka VS SR...etc and post this and the other 1 million threads about it

Indeed. Iron is stronger than aluminum. But doesn't aluminum decipate heat better?

green_machine said:

well said :D But stroker kit's pretty pricey in the area of $4,000 from crower- $9,999 for apex-i's kit. the apex-i kit is 4 a 2.2L stroke

Comparing a SR20VE to a k20a? K20 - 210 hp. the ve is still good
Absorbing heat in the combustion chamber is not good for HP, but in the block to dissipate heat it is. So the SR has the best of both worlds, iron sleeves and aluminum block. however it warps easier with overheating.
In an optimal engine all the heat will leave through the exhaust valves and into the air, but that would be an 100% efficient motor which doesn't exist.

The SR is better... but not that much better, and the ka has .4 liters more of displacement

green_machine said:
Comparing a SR20VE to a k20a? K20 - 210 hp. the ve is still good

No. I was talking about what you were saying earlier about how Nissan will never make a NA engine that could touch Honda. Doesn't the SR20VE compete well against Honda's offerings?

green_machine said:
Absorbing heat in the combustion chamber is not good for HP, but in the block to dissipate heat it is. So the SR has the best of both worlds, iron sleeves and aluminum block. however it warps easier with overheating.
In an optimal engine all the heat will leave through the exhaust valves and into the air, but that would be an 100% efficient motor which doesn't exist.

The SR is better... but not that much better, and the ka has .4 liters more of displacement

Um, ok. So uhh, does aluminum decipate heat better? Yes or no? Simple question.

Nissan does compete but u can't ever compare a n/a honda engine 2 any other n/a 4 cylinder. honda is at the top of it's class the F20C was the first factory 4 cylinder engine 2 ever produce n/a 240hp. and those who want 2 mention the RX-8 remember 1.3L's less torque and I know it's a rotory but it's still n/a. Yeah aluminum does decipate heat better it's just not stronger then iron.

The sr20ve is the top of the line 4 cyl NA nissan motor and when comparing it to honda i would compare it to the top of the like present honda motor the K20(the one in the rsx and new si, not the detuned si hatch).

aluminum blocks absorb heat faster and radiators dissipate this heat so yes aluminum blocks do.

But iron blocks warp at higher temperatures so they even out. The problem with iron blocks and aluminum heads is that the heads may break when overheating because the aluminum will expand more than the iron. However before you say the ka sucks because of this, the ca has an iron block, the rb does and the 2jz does, and they all have aluminum heads.

i say sr...lol, cuz i have one, but then again, im a ricer poser who doesnt drift....to me, ka-t is like the new thing for hialeah (straps on flame suit) no offense but it is, everytime i see a hialeahn (man i cant spell) they say "KA ON BOOST" , why.....cuz its faster....well then, theres forums for racing right..not this one. to me, for that little extra power needed, u dont need to build a motor to drift, ****, u dont need a turbo but hey, sr is just enough to get that little more power u need to get t3h s1d3ways....

m4nfred said:
i say sr...lol, cuz i have one, but then again, im a ricer poser who doesnt drift....to me, ka-t is like the new thing for hialeah (straps on flame suit) no offense but it is, everytime i see a hialeahn (man i cant spell) they say "KA ON BOOST" , why.....cuz its faster....well then, theres forums for racing right..not this one. to me, for that little extra power needed, u dont need to build a motor to drift, ****, u dont need a turbo but hey, sr is just enough to get that little more power u need to get t3h s1d3ways....

who cares wtf u think ur getting rid of ur nissan

Back
Top Bottom