Ka24de-t?????

Kenrik

Driver
Jookmasta said:
just wondering altezza grl where ur getting your information from about the ka not being able to handle boost well? yes rick will pwn u. i personally think u need to do it urself before u make such delirious statements. tuning and choosing good components is the key to a reliable ka-t. nothing more nothing less. and just in case ur wondering how i can make such statements, well i am ka-t and have been so for about 15,000 miles..................

for the guy who passed the remark about the sr being almost as cost effective as the ka-t.............well as u may very well know, it depends on what u ended up paying for the components of the ka-t. if u payed 100 bux for some greddy air filter or if you payed 60 bux for some SR injectors, im sure the pricing will work out to be cheaper than an SR. obviously labor is what is gonna get both sides of the story. if u can sway the SR in urself then u would save lots of money just as if u could install the turbo kit on the KA. i will say that every ka-t i have encountered with any turbo larger than a t25 will smoke any stock SR with no bolt on components.

BTW hows the turbo project comming? (^^^ He bought a Z32 MAF from me)
 

Jookmasta

Member
well its going good. got larger injectors on the way cuz 370s arent enough. the maf is doing fine or it was when i left it. installed it the nite before i left lol. rick will b able to update ya on it some more as i think he is suppose to drop by the house sometime soon.
 
Come on guys why would u think I would say anything about any comments, if altezza girl wants 2 hate on me thats up 2 her i'm 2 old 2 get into online arguments when we are supposed 2 try 2 help someone. The KA is not 4 everyone so it might be better 2 go SR but the kid is only asking how 2 make his turbo kit cheap and reliable, I just told him what I did. Please don't feed this guy bulls*** about the KA not being able 2 handle boost especialy if u own a shop cuz u make ur self look like u don't know what u r talking about. The KA's bottom end is over built anyone that owns a shop sould know that the pistons r the only weak point. The KA will run boost reliably at 5-10psi and thats not what I say it's what Greddy says and they r pretty credible so as I said, at the end u do what u want but don't listen 2 people making bull**** comments just 2 bash on somthing they don't like. Lets b fair 2 both engines. Luv ya 2
 

TurboDreams954

Spectator
uuuhhggg ka-t threads....DO YOUR RESEARCH there is atleast 3-4 forums that you can go to and they have hundreds of treads of this exact same topic. but since i am replying i might as well give some advice. do not cheap out on anything when it comes to boosting a KA it will come back to bite you. and dont be stupid dont like trying to break some stock block hp record just be conservative and make sure your tuning is on point.
 

Turb0wned

Member
hummm.. should have never comment on this started an sr vs ka fight lol

if your going to go ka-t and only plan on 5-10psi it just really isnt worth it, ask "yuca" on sfl240sx.com what happened when he raced will (when will had a 240 ka24de-t) will had a great setup didnt go cheap but was only on 9psi while gaston (yuca) was on 10 psi on a stock sr20det with a front mount, if your a member on sfl240sx.com go see how that race ended up and see who spent more money

If your going to go ka-t instead of sr go big save your money and do it right, who cares if you dont feel like spending your money on building the bottom end those motors with a stock bottom end arent doing to good at 300hp or taking a **** is better to say. How many miles do u have on yours? its something to think about, also please dont say "BUT MY KA-T MADE OVER 300 TO THE WHEELS SO THAT BULL ****" im not saying u cant do it but its taking a **** and isnt going to last to long. Also im guess when u say u want "a cheap setup" you arent going to get your ecu tuned, you are probally talking about running a piggyback system like an s-afc or emanage right? That fine but never near as good as ecu tuning and remeber that tuning is everything. Ether way goodluck.

Oh and about the $800 dollar turbo kit on ebay... well all i have to say is why do you think its $800. Dont you have a CA18 in your car? Are trying to go ka-t now because your motor isnt running? After all that money you spent on the motor your just going to lose money on it because it doesnt run? Why dont you really spend time on it and see what wrong with the motor before just forgeting about it. Even if it has a big *** hole in 2 pistions if you do the work its only going to cost you around $300 for a rebuilt. (Stock parts)
 
Last edited:
Guys we r not talking about which engine is better we r talking about cheap and reliable thats it, lets try and stay on topic or is everything going 2 be about SR vs KA. Turdoreams954 made a good point u should never buy cheap parts 4 ur turbo kit cause part tend 2 break. Just do ur research check with diffrent companys, and see if they have any used parts on clearence, check the forums and be patiant. I've been building my turbo 4 a year cause I want good parts. If u want 2 run boost now then just buy a kit from Greddy for $2,700 or talk 2 (Humberto from Dynamic Turbo) and they can build u one cheap and very reliable.Oh and guys please no more SR vs KA crap what's the point? If u want 2 argue about pointless ****! please register at www.KA-T.org and argue till ur computer burns out "MUCH LUV".
 

240SicknessX

forgot how to drive
Driver
TurboDreams954 said:
uuuhhggg ka-t threads....DO YOUR RESEARCH there is atleast 3-4 forums that you can go to and they have hundreds of treads of this exact same topic. but since i am replying i might as well give some advice. do not cheap out on anything when it comes to boosting a KA it will come back to bite you. and dont be stupid dont like trying to break some stock block hp record just be conservative and make sure your tuning is on point.


tuning and user error i belive is the majority of the people blowing up their ka-t's
 

Kenrik

Driver
I personally only want about 200WHP for my KA-T setup and maybe bump it up a bit once it's running well. If I want more power (over 250whp) in the future I would build the engine before hand.. But see my KA has perfect compression so it makes more sence for ME to use what's already there to get the 200-250whp I want. If you don't already have a good condition KA in your car then I it makes more sence to get an SR.. Both are great engines and both have their good and bad points it's more a matter of what is right for your specific goals. I'm so sick of KA vs SR threads! The guy was asking about the KA... Why was the SR even get brought into this disscusion?
 
Kenrik said:
I personally only want about 200WHP for my KA-T setup and maybe bump it up a bit once it's running well. If I want more power (over 250whp) in the future I would build the engine before hand.. But see my KA has perfect compression so it makes more sence for ME to use what's already there to get the 200-250whp I want. If you don't already have a good condition KA in your car then I it makes more sence to get an SR.. Both are great engines and both have their good and bad points it's more a matter of what is right for your specific goals. I'm so sick of KA vs SR threads! The guy was asking about the KA... Why was the SR even get brought into this disscusion?
Some people have nothing better 2 do then start online gay *** fights, thats why the SR was brought up. I think u can reach 200whp without boosting right? S#%T, I think I started a new online fight "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLE"! J/K :D
 
Last edited:

Kenrik

Driver
RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
Some people have nothing better 2 do then start online gay *** fights, thats why the SR was brought up. I think u can reach 200whp without boosting right? S#%T, I think I started a new online fight "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLE"! J/K :D

Sarcastic ricer comment: All motor Sucks! I want that cool Vroom vroom Pssssstttttt Sound

(totally not serious)
 

Turb0wned

Member
if any of that "why start an sr vs ka fight" was to me you dont read, i even said im not trying to start a ka vs sr fight, but simply said that for the power he wants to make an sr can do it more realiable stock..
 
Turb0wned said:
if any of that "why start an sr vs ka fight" was to me you dont read, i even said im not trying to start a ka vs sr fight, but simply said that for the power he wants to make an sr can do it more realiable stock..
Nah it wasn't 2 u, but he never really said how much power he wanted. I know what u said, but I didn't intend it towards u unless u meant it as bashing on me 4 no good reason.
 
Jookmasta said:
just wondering altezza grl where ur getting your information from about the ka not being able to handle boost well? yes rick will pwn u. i personally think u need to do it urself before u make such delirious statements. tuning and choosing good components is the key to a reliable ka-t. nothing more nothing less. and just in case ur wondering how i can make such statements, well i am ka-t and have been so for about 15,000 miles..................

for the guy who passed the remark about the sr being almost as cost effective as the ka-t.............well as u may very well know, it depends on what u ended up paying for the components of the ka-t. if u payed 100 bux for some greddy air filter or if you payed 60 bux for some SR injectors, im sure the pricing will work out to be cheaper than an SR. obviously labor is what is gonna get both sides of the story. if u can sway the SR in urself then u would save lots of money just as if u could install the turbo kit on the KA. i will say that every ka-t i have encountered with any turbo larger than a t25 will smoke any stock SR with no bolt on components.

Once again, this is rediculous.
#1: For your 15,000 miles statement, lets think why you have to keep reinforcing that to everyone. Its such an accomplishment for you to put 15,000 miles on your ka-t.

#2: If the reason why most ka-t's blow is because poor quality tuning parts, then that must mean that everyone using poor quality tuning parts, right? Probably not.

Jookmasta said:
i will say that every ka-t i have encountered with any turbo larger than a t25 will smoke any stock SR with no bolt on components.

Thats a sad statement. How much did that ka-t owner spend vs. the stock sr owner? Alot less.

In any case, if your going turbo with any car, dont go the cheap way because it will bite you back in the ***.

Also, spending tons of money to run on 5-10psi is nothing. But Im not going to sit here and argue, because Nissan isnt my strong point.

Candyman, this is what you have to factor in to help you make your choice:
Labor: will you be doing it? Will someone else be doing it? Cost of labor (if you dont do it)
Downtime: Do you have another car that could be used while the car is being worked on or if your working on it?
Time: How much time do you plan on spending? Do you want your car to be done soon?
Problems: Are you financially able to handle all the problems that would/could arise?

And Ricky, I dont hate you. I just hate the fact that you contradict everything I say. Thats what upsets me. And alot of times you give uneducated rebuttles and then go to contradict yourself. I, like yourself have better things to do than argue online as well. So I would appreciate it if you wouldnt attack all my statements. I apologize for insulting you, yet I didnt appreciate that right off the bat you basically insulted me and my intelligence.
 

Kenrik

Driver
altezzagirl said:
I, like yourself have better things to do than argue online as well. .

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if
you win, you're still retarded.
 
No I never insalted u, actually u insalted me and I came back 4 one reason 2 squash this bull**** already. U have ur own opinion on the KA, fine but don't autamaticly dis it. U being a owner of a buisness that needs the support from people like me 2 buy ur product shouldn't make comments like the ones u have especialy a comment like KA's can't handle boost Greddy, TurboXS,etc think they can, if not why would make kit's 4 them. The reason u think I make uneducated comments is because u r not a KA fan and that is understandable. Just try keeping a open mind so when people prove u wrong u don't have to say that "15,000miles on a ka-t is an accomplishment". This is the last time we will write about this if u want 2 continiue this just post a thread about it but don't mess up the cry 4 help this guy is looking 4 just 2 bash on an engine he wanted 2 tune just cause u don't like it dosen't mean that everyone will agree with or with me. LUV YA

P.S if I insalted u in anyway my bad that was not my intention but let's stay on topic ok.
 

Kenrik

Driver
RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
P.S if I insalted u in anyway my bad that was not my intention but let's stay on topic ok.
It would be so awful if you insalted her

17673325.jpg
 
Last edited:
lol wow i never thought it was gunna turn into this. The point is i just made a retarded trade and got rid of my CA only to find out a week later it was just the lifters. i miss that turbo sensation and wanted to know the cheapest/reliable way to get it back. But i guess theres no such thing as cheap and relaible. Iv heard from alot of people that if u slowly part out a turbo kit for the KA its really not that expensive. The reason i was thinking KA-T was because i dont have money right now and i can slowly get parts for it. I have nothing against the SR but too many people have them. I like going for what most people dont have thats why i bought my CA. But the thing is is that i dont have alot of money right now. ill just keep saving until i figure out which route im gunna take. Thanks though for everyones advice
 
We r all sure u will make the right choice which is ultimately whatever u choose F%&K everyone else's opinion. Although the CA18 is pretty cheap why not just get another one?
 
Top Bottom