Ka24de-t?????

i was thinking about it but it will only get me more upset knowing that i just had one and i put alot of money into it and than basically gave it away

u made a retarted trade for the ca... well seriously that would be your fault because instead of giving up u should have really looked into it instead, just like i said in one of my previous post and trying to bounce back with some cheap setup is just going to led to more and more problems and money being wasted.

ya i know the CA was a really stupid trade im still in the (learning process) of things. I wasnt making any progress with figuring out what was wrong with it and the idiot at drag international told me it was blown.

ka has more displacement and compression. it is not reasonable that an sr20 would have more power if revved to the same level and with the same turbo and having the same mods. i am not hating on sr's it's just the simple fact that more displacement is always better.

Dude honestly, I really do not know how the "KA" has such a reputation of them blowing up all the time? WTF how many of you STUPID MOTHER ****ers acctually know of one "just blowing up" just because it was a ****ing KA? There is always a reason behind it....Get your stupid JDM ONLY loving asses out of the SR's ***, The sr is a good motor, so is the KA.

SR has reliability? Pfff how many SR owners have over 150K miles on them? Half of them I do not think can make it there, after people boosting the **** out of them, drifting them and also drag racing them, while most KA's are already at that point, and still pushing harder. Honestly, lets name the differances between N/A and Turbo motors? Hmm, mainly one thing, compression ratio, but other things are stronger rods and crank and blah blah blah, which the SR and KA BOTH have, so what makes the KA not reliable? hmm well the ka has a better head, the ka has a stronger block, the only difference I see is the HA just having higher compression which is fine considering its only at 9:5:1 not some crazy 11:1 or higher. If you stupid mother ****ers remember the SR was n/a ALSO (Sentra SER) nissan changed the pistons(C/R), to make it turbo or n/a, whats the difference in doing that with the ka?

W/E IMHO (OPINION)

I would take the sr in race trim as its revs higher and its a lighter smaller motor which I like.
I would take the ka in drift and touge trim, ONE THING: LOW END TORQE!!
I would take the SR in daily trim as it already comes turbo and fuel management and along with other things have already been taken cared of, (<if our cars came stock with the SR in the US) but since we do not, I would take the KA N/A since its has the most reliablity and better gas milage out of all of them.

Now what I have stated are FACTS and not biased statments as I like both motors, also they cannot be argumented as they are FACTS!!! So everybody STFU

AND GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Last edited:
out of everyone on these forums this guy (s13 slide) is the biggest dumbass of them all, everyone is a stupid mother****er to him, he comes on here writing a bunch of things that he read on another forum, just look at his AIM screen name GTR240SXDRIVER right a gtr240sx just shows you how much he knows

im sure a ka iron block is so much stronger than an sr's aluminum block, again wrong, sucks how theres an sr20 that made 539 to the wheels and yes that was on a stock bottom end

Last edited:
My KA24Es have 8:5:1 compression.. (all do except those made in late 88) But they lack the Oil squirters that the KA24DE and SR have.

just a few facts to throw into the fray..

ok 1st of all im tired of the sr ka fights, and going by my screen name to tell me I dont know anything? I made that screen name when I was still in high school, NOT to make a "gtr 240sx" I made its cause "240sxdriver" was already taken so I added GTR in front of it since I like the skyline gtr.

And all my information is wrong or from another forum? ok w/e buddy, your going to tell me iron is NOT stronger then aluminum? so basically you got me on my screen name? and that you think aluminum is stronger then iron, yea whos the dumb ***? Your post just proves my point of you being a stupid mother ****er. :D

If i remember correctly the 2JZ-GTE VQ's and RB's all have IRON blocks, PART of the reason why they can handle ALOT of power.

Last edited:
funny how both blocks how just as much power even though one is aluminum and one is iron though huh... go take your gtr240 around the block

In any of my posts none of them said ANYTHING about hp numbers, I know both motors can make really good power depending on tuning and turbos blah blah blah, but when trying to make 500hp i would rather have an iron block then a aluminum block, for the insurance.

All im asking is for the sr people to stop being conceded for just the sr when the ka has nothing wrong with it? It's all personal preference.

Turb0wnd and S13 Slide you're bothing acting like little children... Why can't we all just get along?

spam-happy-person1.jpg

Damn dudes chill out let's be friendly about this, the KA is a better engine in some aspect's 4 example the KA being a 2.4L is only logical that it makes more power. I for one have never heard of a S20 making 539whp on a stock block if it did it's a dyno queen. The fact is and it is a fact SR's can only handle 400 crank horse power and thats not reliably that's why signal auto build their twin drift silvia's. The only reason that SR's r favered more in japan is cuz they r already in the stock silvia so the after market is strong 4 the SR20. Yashio factory was going 2 build a USDM KA24DE 240sx for time attack but at the end installed a SR because they could not find a sequential tranny 4 it and they agree with KA fan's that the KA is a great engine 4 racing so let's put a end 2 this, the KA and SR r both great engine's, in stock form the the SR will handle more power but fully tune them with the same component's and the internal's included ank the KA will BLOW the SR out of the water. If u really know about cars u know the 2.4L is more power with less boost if u don't agree fine do research and ask profesional tuner's real tuner's not the people that r still learning. As far as reving higher what does it matter. The GT300 JGTC S15 silvia only rev's 2 7200rpm and that is a race car that will whoop the **** out anyone's car in this forum, so please guy's let this crap go it's really old now.

P.S no one has spoken about the fact that the KA being a stock engine is cheaper 2 buy stock parts if u break ur starter in ur SR it costs upwards of $200 while my 98' KA starter cost $35 so yes please take that into account before u say it is cheaper 2 get a SR over a boosted KA and the SR swap with ???? miles $2700 my 98' with 40,000 miles comfermed I took the engine out myself $500 so if I want I can beat the **** out my engine and then buy another 4 $160-$500 while the SR owner has 2 hope the shop has more available and waist $2700 4 a 12-17 year old engine with supposedly 50,000miles on it "yeah right", shop's don't give u waranty's past 30day's on SR's cuz they know what u r going 2 do 2 it while my 98' has a 1year waranty on it. and also a lightly tunned SR won't last past 2 years of hard driving thats a fact just go on www.nadine180.com and sileightymania.com and read their diary's and see now long the invinsible SR lasted hard drifting and 260 hp and that's drifting every month. No engine is reliable when u race no matter what u do, that's why pro race team's open their engines after every race and check everything and any daily driven engine can be reliable as long as u stay on point with maintanance turbo or N/A alike.

The only resean most people like the SR is cuz it's JDM and it's cool 2 be JDM that's why people convert their IS 300 into ALTEZZAS, CIVICS 2 TYPE-R's,240's 2 SILVIA's etc.
Just don't over boost ur engine KA or SR. :D

Last edited:
a starter is 200 for an sr... again get some facts str8 before you talk please, if i break my sr starter i get a ka starter and put my houseing on to the ka thats it simple, as that, sucks that you say a sr wont last 2 years, ive had mine for more than 2 years now of hard driving and oh for a few months now have been on an upgraded turbo is still fine, let me add that its even on a stock headgasket still although i have a headgasket ready in case. there isnt an sr20 that made 539rwhp on a stock bottom end? would u like to check your facts again... scott from secret services ever heard of him?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...UBB9&Number=67511414&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

atleast s13 slide has most his facts right and doesnt just go saying that the ka is a better motor, and again ricky still not trying to start anything just letting you know

Turb0wned said:
a starter is 200 for an sr... again get some facts str8 before you talk please, if i break my sr starter i get a ka starter and put my houseing on to the ka thats it simple, as that, sucks that you say a sr wont last 2 years, ive had mine for more than 2 years now of hard driving and oh for a few months now have been on an upgraded turbo is still fine, let me add that its even on a stock headgasket still although i have a headgasket ready in case. there isnt an sr20 that made 539rwhp on a stock bottom end? would u like to check your facts again... scott from secret services ever heard of him?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...UBB9&Number=67511414&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

atleast s13 slide has most his facts right and doesnt just go saying that the ka is a better motor, and again ricky still not trying to start anything just letting you know
Dude like I said dyno queen and my facts are straight go on the web sites I said and try reading for a change these people r sponserd by the best compony's and still sceawd their SR's 2 S$%T! I highly doubt u drift ur car every weekend in a track 4 more then 2-3 hours a day that my friend is called hard driving. And that chop shop S%$T u do is not the right thing 2 do that's why phase2motortrnd,jspec and other compony's sell those stock part's from their shop's. So please think before u talk we r talking about cheap and reliable not expensive dyno queens. :D

Oh and i'm not trying 2 start nothing just saying read the refrences I gave u before u come back and say i'm not talking facts 539whp stockblock is not reliable it's a "DYNO QUEEN" that's why part's r made just 2 handle 400 crank hp u know that already.

Last edited:
that chop shop S%$T i do? what exacly do you mean by that? i hope your not talking about the start because if you are then you really dont know what your talking about

lol well theres one thing you are right about though... i dont drift that much matter of fact i dont drift at all, never drifted my car and never will, dont need my s14 to look beat up

Ok then dawg understand me know? thats what hard driving mean's I respect the fact that u don't want 2 mess up ur S14, but read those people's diary's and if they say they didn't have 2 swap their engine's after just 2 year's of drifting I will go buy a SR this week and pay u 2 install it 4 me. Any engine can break the problem is how available the next engine is 2 u. That's why alot of people in Japan started 2 touge the AE86 cuz it wuz cheap easy 2 find and if u break something u will be drifting the next day after a trip 2 the junk yard. Dude all i'm asking is comfirm that what i'm saying is uneducated opinion's and not fact's before u decide that i'm just talking S^&T and start bashing me or anyone else. much luv 2 everyone

Last edited:
S13 Slide said:
In any of my posts none of them said ANYTHING about hp numbers, I know both motors can make really good power depending on tuning and turbos blah blah blah, but when trying to make 500hp i would rather have an iron block then a aluminum block, for the insurance.

All im asking is for the sr people to stop being conceded for just the sr when the ka has nothing wrong with it? It's all personal preference.

What makes you think the cast block is any stronger than the aluminum one???
Even if the ka block was stronger when have you heard of a block failing on a car thats gonna be daily driven. Honestly people like you sound way to familiar "I like the ka-t because its a cast block and its a 2.4" some times i wonder what goes through you peoples head same as i wonder if those hondas guys really think they look cool with there stickers and euro tail light putting you on the same level, and as for the 2jz's and rb's holding more power its not because they are cast...

Back
Top Bottom