Ka or Sr

anyone talking about getting a car to the track on a budget should reconsider what they want to do. on a budget isnt spending 2 grand on the engine alone.....

as far as sr vs ka, there are thousands of threads and articles online

my two cents is an sr was made for the 240 (silvia in japan) and the ka was made as a truck engine. when 240s where introduced into america some idoits decided a boosted sr was too potent and gave us a truck motor instead.

but then again ppl call me crazy

ok, foreal.

Get a ka motor. buy a cometic headgasket and ARP headstuds. Get the head decked and instally the headgasket and arp head studs correctly.
Get an ISIS turbo manifold, and a small ISIS turbo.
get some 550cc injectors, a z32 mafs, walbro pump, and an enthalpy tune.
ISIS intercooler kit and oil/waterline kit.
Put that shit on there and make 300-325 and it will be super sweet.

ok, foreal.

Get a ka motor. buy a cometic headgasket and ARP headstuds. Get the head decked and instally the headgasket and arp head studs correctly.
Get an ISIS turbo manifold, and a small ISIS turbo.
get some 550cc injectors, a z32 mafs, walbro pump, and an enthalpy tune.
ISIS intercooler kit and oil/waterline kit.
Put that shit on there and make 300-325 and it will be super sweet.

done

anyone talking about getting a car to the track on a budget should reconsider what they want to do. on a budget isnt spending 2 grand on the engine alone.....

as far as sr vs ka, there are thousands of threads and articles online

my two cents is an sr was made for the 240 (silvia in japan) and the ka was made as a truck engine. when 240s where introduced into america some idoits decided a boosted sr was too potent and gave us a truck motor instead.

but then again ppl call me crazy

you got the your crazy part correct. the reason why the sr never made it was cause it couldnt meet US emission standards. so instead they used the ka which they knew could pass emissions in US.

KA-T done right between the two

this ninja speaks the troof. but only if you were on a smaller budget if not getting a v8 would be the ultimate way really.

Back
Top Bottom