Ka or Sr

BamBamS13

hey guys, so my ka is in a little worse condition than i thought. So i am looking into getting an sr and i will be using that car for the track. I was hoping you guys can answer me a few questions. Is it hard to install if you have someone there to help you and knows what they are doing? How much would it be to instal if we were to do it? And for the people that have switched, was it worth the swap. Oh and i forgot to say im on a limited budget.

racecar.jpg

No matter how you look at it your gonna be from $2500 to $3500 to swap a SR in with no extra upgrades mostly depending on how good you are at talking the local engine guys down on price and what connections you do or don't have for the other parts. I'm not sure about boosting a KA but it's probably around the same but I haven't done one of those before so I can't give exact numbers. And the V8 being my finaly goal for mine is a good 1 to 2 thousand more than that, plus extra complications.

As far as the swap if your decent with cars or know some one who is it's not to difficult besides the rewiring which there are step by step guides for. I've done 3 swaps now including the wiring work and the wiring was definitely the pain in the ass part, especially if you shorten the harness like I did on my first 240

PS: if your doing it on the cheap S14 engines are normally a good bit more expensive then the S13s.

s14 blacktop sr20 all day fuck boosted KAs unless you got money to blow and i feel the reliability is still never there..

s14 blacktop sr20 all day fuck boosted KAs unless you got money to blow and i feel the reliability is still never there..

I would say boosted KAs are great if you wanna do a rebuild on the motor with parts better suited for turbo application since you do have the advantage of starting with a 2.4 rather than a 2L, and we all know the saying as far as displacement. But that's if you wanna spend a little on a rebuild, though built properly there should be no problem with reliability. It's more planning ahead to what you want to get out of the car. Don't spend a load on a SR if your gonna swap back to a KA latter on for the engine potential. Better off just doing a basic SR swap and building a KA on the side. If that's what you want, that is......

I feel a motor that isn't meant for turbocharging is just that! if your interested in larger displacement as well as boost that's why there's the rb series, a little more money and made for boost and even an rb25 which is a 2.5 liter and easily the same price as a blacktop sr20 or easily less than a properly built ka and will still make more power and lets not get into the rb26 which is just big bills to install but hey I'm just not a fan of the ka motor to me the only advantAge is being able to keep your a/c but most don't work anyway

Back
Top Bottom